The error that ITT had tweeted to him on Twitter by McAdam about Dave Henderson’s HR vs. the Angels bothered me a ton.
I realize the game was 31 years ago, but off the top of my head:
- 5-2 California in the ninth
- Buckner single, Baylor HR makes it 5-4
- Evans pops up for 2nd out against Mike Witt
- Mauch takes out Witt, brings in LH Gary Lucas to face Rich Gedman (who was on fire)
- Gedman HBP
- Hendu HR w/2 strikes, 2 outs – 6-5 BOS
- Angels tie in ninth, Steve Crawford wiggles out of trouble
- Hendu sac fly in the 12th
- Schiraldi saves it 18 hours after blowing Game 4
It’s one of the great fucking games in the history of baseball, yet McAdam (a) doesn’t recall correctly (OK, fine), but (b) is TOO LAZY TO RESEARCH and (c) there’s no editor on the hyperlocal, we understand you beaneaters/Bedard Vanity Project.