Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/01/2019 – 01/06/2018 Week Thread

This topic contains 170 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 171 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Thread for week. Seems to be the new thing.

Nice B’s win, excellent game by Tuukka

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nick B.
    5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Mean Gene Okerlund will not be down for the next tables, ladders and chairs match.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m bringing a Joe Gill 6 weeks into a gig level of enthusiasm to the job today.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Does anyone have a link to an article or articles about poor Jen’s failure to launch? I can’t find anything other than her Twitter whines.

Nick B
    Participant

Does anyone have a link to an article or articles about poor Jen’s failure to launch? I can’t find anything other than her Twitter whines.

it’s always something with her, and its never any fault of her own.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I don’t think there’s anything else.

Humphrey
    Participant

Unless it’s moving to some other (smaller one recommended) venue, looks like the First Responder Bowl is dun before it ever started…next year’s Winter Classic is at the Cotton Bowl Stadium.

Nick B
    Participant

Unless it’s moving to some other (smaller one recommended) venue, looks like the First Responder Bowl is dun before it ever started…next year’s Winter Classic is at the Cotton Bowl Stadium.

they were gushing yesterday about how it will be good to see the Cotton Bowl being used again on January 1st.

Hacksaw
    Participant

that place is the shits. Think of the Big E with big tank in the middle of it.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Bruins’ players dressed like the cast of PEAKY BLINDERS before and after yesterday’s game.

Arthur Shelby = Brad Marchand?  APPROVE!   :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Mean Gene Okerlund will not be down for the next tables, ladders and chairs match.

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff “There is more man standing here than in the whole WWF.”

Mean Gene “Well thank you for those kind words Mr. Wonderful.”

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff “I WAS TALKING ABOUT ME YOU FOOL!”

Humphrey
    Participant

It seems like they’ve thrown money into the place (even upgraded it a bit) but for nothing other than the Texas/OU game. Strange to do that for one event.

jforb
    Participant

Hell of a take here

They may go deep into the playoffs, but I’m just about out on these Celtics after another loss. They have no rudder. After one decent playoff run, they think they can just flip the switch whenever they want

Hacksaw
    Participant

It seems like they’ve thrown money into the place (even upgraded it a bit) but for nothing other than the Texas/OU game. Strange to do that for one event.

The Cotton Bowl has been an after thought here in Dallas because of a few things.

– Jerry Jones has AT&T and the Ford Center which has some games
    – Rangers have their Ballpark and a new one being built

-FC Dallas just had the Frisco Bowl in their stadium and will have 1AA National Championship

– Then Allen and McKinney High Schools just built two decent stadiums for High School football.

For outdoor hockey they probably could use the Rangers Ballpark or FC Dallas instead.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

So if I’m reading jforb’s chart right, Almost-A-Coach has added less than 2000 subscribers in the 10 months he’s been tracking it. And how many dropped off at the one-year renewal point in September?

Big question – does he keep going long enough to stiff Sean McAdam for spring training expenses?

3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Fool me, 4,273 times, shame on me!

“Moving forward, Tomlin made it clear that he’ll be more inclined to be strict with players in the future.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mike-tomlin-not-pleased-with-antonio-brown-for-abandoning-team-in-“darkest-hour”/ar-BBRIVI9?ocid=spartandhp

6 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Well, lemme eulogize you, Mean Gene!

Participant

RIP Bob Einstein

Coma
    Participant

So if I’m reading jforb’s chart right, Almost-A-Coach has added less than 2000 subscribers in the 10 months he’s been tracking it. And how many dropped off at the one-year renewal point in September?

Big question – does he keep going long enough to stiff Sean McAdam for spring training expenses?

The big push, including discounted subscriptions, for 10k subscribers by the end of the year fell about 500 short. They’ll eventually hit that mark in February or March, but that’s going to be way behind Coach Craig’s projected growth plan. On the plus side, he doesn’t have to pay Loyko for draft coverage this year. Unfortunately, all the other expenses from last year will come due again this year. If he can’t pay McAdam everything he was due for 2018 baseball coverage, he won’t be able to for 2019, either. Does McAdam jump ship before Bedard can stiff him some more?

Tommyfw
    Participant

The Cotton Bowl has been an after thought here in Dallas because of a few things.

– Jerry Jones has AT&T and the Ford Center which has some games

– Rangers have their Ballpark and a new one being built

-FC Dallas just had the Frisco Bowl in their stadium and will have 1AA National Championship

– Then Allen and McKinney High Schools just built two decent stadiums for High School football.

For outdoor hockey they probably could use the Rangers Ballpark or FC Dallas instead.

When I thought I was moving to the Dallas area 2 years ago I visited both Allen and McKinney.  that Allen stadium is as big as Fitton Field at Holy Cross.  Obviously nicer since it is a modern stadium.  For a High School.  Unreal.

Tommyfw
    Participant

RIP Bob Einstein

Anyone check in on Funkhouser? Ohhhh, wait…

Big Fat O
    Participant

I wouldn’t be shocked if Loyko was paying Coach Betard. If he did get paid it wasn’t much.

Humphrey
    Participant

RIP Bob Einstein

Anyone check in on Funkhouser? Ohhhh, wait…

Bummer. Supposed to be in some episodes of Season 10 of Curb. Wonder if they got enough filmed to use them.

jforb
    Participant

I wouldn’t be shocked if Loyko was paying Coach Betard. If he did get paid it wasn’t much.

Think I’ve asked before, but did Coach put up all the money to start or did the original writers invest lose a bit too?

TJM
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar