Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/01/2019 – 01/06/2018 Week Thread

This topic contains 170 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 171 total)
  • Author

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

One last parting tribute shot for Daryl Dragon, the late Captain …

He will never get enough shite for Muskrat Love. He didn’t write it, but I never would have heard it had he and Tennille not covered it. That song will make me run from any store stupid enough to play it in their Muzak feed.

I played some of the Captain last night, my wife was like “what the fuck are you listening to?” :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

Journalists are being murdered around the world and Pete King is still willing to take a courageous stand against the Pro Bowl candidacy of Antonio Brown.

#NeverForget #TheRedSoxRunABetterHitJobThanTheRooneysDo

“I thought about it, and I said, ‘I can’t in good conscience put a guy who took the equivalent of six percent of the season, and flushed it down the toilet when the Steelers were in a playoff implication game.’ And so Mike [Florio], I ended up voting for Michael Thomas and I took Antonio Brown off my All-Pro ballot,” King said on Pro Football Talk Live. “I’m very, very serious about these votes, and they mean a lot to me. But if a guy takes six percent of his season and purposefully flushes it down the toilet … I can’t vote for him for anything. He wouldn’t be among my top 10 or 20 receivers for the season.”

P

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is fucking stunningly hot in that BU video. Good lord.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Peter, Peter you are out of sight
    Doin’ the town and doin’ it white
    Monday morning’
    Your column keeps em snoring

Sainted Rooney, Sainted Mara
    Lie to my face in NFL land
    And I believe them
    And Rooney Mara’s so skinny

And they covered for a punter who beat gals
    Lying and laughing and laughing and lying
    Looking up to Welly above
    It looks like Pete King love

Doncabesa
    Participant

I love how that was the “look at this commie scum!” move by some Q assholes, didn’t work (or did iT!?!!??!?!)

NASCL
    Participant

Can confirm.

Participant

Reimer and her are the faces of a $160K plus education.

Nothing wrong with learning a trade kids.

NASCL
    Participant

+1

Where have you gone, Don Bosco, Boston Trade and Boston Tech? :-(

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Felger is a proud grad. And Simmons bought a journalism masters from there.

My agenda is truth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I can’t avert my eyes from the orange menace spinning out of control.

NASCL
    Participant

I’m blocked for some reason and can’t follow.  Did plug her handle into Twitter and was shocked by the number of white knights.

chicowalker
    Participant

Which one?

4 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

I’m sure she’ll view LJ Sandwich’s eventual Yelp review as constructive criticism.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Which one?

What I get a kick out of is that Royle is running neck and neck with The Donald for most self-destructive tweets; and I’m not even counting her anti-Trump ones. How can you be in a service-oriented (food) business and curse out potential customers like that?

Humphrey
    Participant

I’m blocked for some reason and can’t follow. Did plug her handle into Twitter and was shocked by the number of white knights.

including da wickah man!

NASCL
    Participant

Has she complained about the lack of parking yet?

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Aw, what a shame.

@AlbertBreer: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announces that the team will not be renewing OLBs coach Joey Porter’s contract.

Feejis
    Participant

Which one?

What I get a kick out of is that Royle is running neck and neck with The Donald for most self-destructive tweets; and I’m not even counting her anti-Trump ones. How can you be in a service-oriented (food) business and curse out potential customers like that?

She will fail and it will be everyone else’s fault. She puts a poll up asking people they’d come to a restaurant with no booze, then yells at them when they tell her no.

“This survey says customers want me to change something about my product. Fuck those people.”

Interesting strategy.

Coma
    Participant

Same guy says he wouldn’t dismiss Darren Sharper’s eligibility for the Hall of Fame for his off-field crimes.

He’ll argue that Brown’s actions cost him a game, and so that missed game is the on-field rationale for removal. But let’s call it what it is: carrying the Rooneys’ water. Wonder if Brown has any All-Pro clauses in his contract.

What gets lost in PK’s rush to take a stand against Antonio Brown is that him going AWOL for the season finale had zero impact on the Steelers missing the playoffs. The obstacle facing Pittsburgh in week 17 was that they had to beat the Bengals and get help to be a playoff team. They beat Cinci without Brown, so it’s safe to assume that if he played, the Steelers would have won by a greater margin. Pittsburgh’s problem was they had to rely on Cleveland to win at Baltimore and that didn’t happen. Tomlin doesn’t realize or can’t admit that his team’s “darkest hour” was losing 4 out 5 games during weeks 12-16, with Brown playing in each of those games. If Brown played in the season finale, the Steelers probably score 30 points in their win, but they’d still miss the playoffs.

Hacksaw
    Participant

SCREW YOU YOU’RE HIRED!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

Hacksaw
    Participant

One last parting tribute shot for Daryl Dragon, the late Captain …

He will never get enough shite for Muskrat Love. He didn’t write it, but I never would have heard it had he and Tennille not covered it. That song will make me run from any store stupid enough to play it in their Muzak feed.

Don’t forget the Bionic Watermelon.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’m blocked for some reason and can’t follow.

:lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I think I’ve stated this before, but her finances are some Zodiac Killer-level mystery.

My agenda is truth.

2 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Interesting you mention a big following for Simmons out West, I haven’t heard his name mentioned in years.

I work with 12 other IT folks, 10 of which are male sports fans. I’d say 5-6 listen to one of his many podcasts almost daily. When I’ve questioned what people like in him they basically all say they find him very entertaining, funny and self deprecating. On a non-racial note: not one of these people is white.

Is anyone talking about the Plugs v. Poes game this weekend? :lol:

No. Lots of Eagles fans for some bizarre reason.

jforb
    Participant

This might be his dumbest take yet

The Patriots absolutely should replace Rob Gronkowski with Brown (they basically make the same amount)

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar