Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/01/2019 – 01/06/2018 Week Thread

This topic contains 170 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 171 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is fucking stunningly hot in that BU video. Good lord.

Can confirm.

Seconded.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Because somebody will ask, MI had this list:

Jets – Planes
    Cowboys – Pokes
    Dolphins – Porps
    Bills – Payables
    Vikings – Purple, Plunds, Purps
    Steelers – PEDs
    Browns – Pauls
    Chargers – Plugs
    Lions – Pride
    Ravens – Poes
    Cardinals – Popes
    Raiders – Plunds, Perps
    Chiefs – Piolis, Pows
    Colts – Ponies
    Bucs – Pewts
    Seahawks – Plovers
    Bears – Papas
    49ers – Panners
    Panthers – Pumas
    Saints – Prayers
    Texans – Poised

With the Pats & the Packers factored in, what’s left is:

team (suggested P Names)

Bengals (Pussycats, Purrs)

Broncos

Eagles (Penns, Philly, Pukes)

Falcons (Peregrines)

Giants (Prods)

Jaguars (Prowls)

Rams (Passovers)

Redskins (Peyotes, Potatoes, Pueblos)

Titans (Planetoids, Promethians)

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

Peaks for Broncos?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Can confirm.

Seconded.

Ayes have it.

Coma
    Participant

Can confirm.

Seconded.

Ayes have it.

I’ve got to believe the folks at, say, Brazzers have started searching for a lookalike, if one hasn’t already been found.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That’s one weird sun-field in Houston

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Every year it seems one team fails to show up for wild-card weekend. The Texans seem to be this years team.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Absolutely blows my mind when teams down multiple scores in the 4th quarter take their sweet ass methodical time.

Lebron
    Participant

For all of the get an offensive minded HC talk they all seem to be the types that fuck up the clock.  Reid, McCarthy, OBrien probably a bunch of others I can’t think of

jforb
    Participant

Speaking of clock mismanagement, anyone else see Providence butcher their game today?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Absolutely blows my mind when teams down multiple scores in the 4th quarter take their sweet ass methodical time.

It’s called the Andy Reid effect.

3 users thanked author for this post.

And you all wonder why I’m such a hardass. This is how you get when people literally throw bricks in your face throughout your career.

“Literally throw bricks in your face”  :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

Interesting how JJ Watt gets a ton of credit when things go right and very little blame when they don’t.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Hottake: Does Houston decide to move on from Bill O’Brien? In his favor, he’s had the team in the playoffs 3 of his 5 years, he’s only had one bad year in 2017 (4-12) and rebounded with an 11-5 season. Other than that, he’s gone 9-7. Working against him is a 1-3 playoff record and the death of Bob McNair. What if McNair’s successor decides that just getting to the playoffs and maybe winning a game isn’t good enough? I could see Houston thinking they’re much better than they really are, canning O’Brien and then seeing the team take a nosedive under a new coach.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Goodell makes me want to vomit.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Hottake: Does Houston decide to move on from Bill O’Brien? In his favor, he’s had the team in the playoffs 3 of his 5 years, he’s only had one bad year in 2017 (4-12) and rebounded with an 11-5 season. Other than that, he’s gone 9-7. Working against him is a 1-3 playoff record and the death of Bob McNair. What if McNair’s successor decides that just getting to the playoffs and maybe winning a game isn’t good enough? I could see Houston thinking they’re much better than they really are, canning O’Brien and then seeing the team take a nosedive under a new coach.

The window with that particular qb is there but it won’t be for very long, he’s getting the shit beat out of him. Plus, running’s a big part of his game.

That may factor into someone rolling the dice with another coach.

Feejis
    Participant

O’Brien has his flaws but the leash seems to be short on coaches these days. Everyone wants the young guy with the success of Mcvay and Nagy and all the interviews Gase is getting.

I think the way they played today works against him though. They weren’t really competitive in the first half at all.

jforb
    Participant

Interesting how JJ Watt gets a ton of credit when things go right and very little blame when they don’t.

Announcers did make a comment that he needs sacks and not pass knockdowns, so he did get some criticism.

chicowalker
    Participant

Seattle +2.5!  Thanks Seabass!

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Flip side of that coin.    Had Dallas -2.5 along with Colts on money line and under 48.5.    Mother fucker!!

Humphrey
    Participant

Flip side of that coin. Had Dallas -2.5 along with Colts on money line and under 48.5. Mother fucker!!

Unless I’m misunderstanding, seems like you won 2 out of 3 bets…sure a sweep shoulda happened but that’s a pretty good day.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Yahtzee wrote:Peaks for Broncos?

<checks thesaurus for synonyms of “drunk”> Plastered?

Humphrey
    Participant

Hey, had the Seahawks won and Janikowski been out of service, they were stuck with the punter the rest of the way? Unless they had a kicker on their practice squad, I assume?

What would have been interesting is if the Cowboys were up 1-3 points late in the game and been in a situation where a team normally kicks a FG (like in the Pats game vs Miami). I’m pretty sure they would have gone for it on 4th down instead. If only a TD can beat you because there’s no FG kicker, no reason to be up 4-6 points.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Speaking of clock mismanagement, anyone else see Providence butcher their game today?

That was an abortion of a game at the end. Just awful in every way possible.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Ron didn’t think this one through:

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar