Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/01/2019 – 01/06/2018 Week Thread

This topic contains 170 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 151 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author

Nashua Dad
    Participant

People still think running up the score is a thing in the NFL? No lead is safe when playing prevent defense.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Screw it. No matter who shows up at Gillette next week I really like the Pats chances.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Hahahahahaha

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Nantz heartbroken.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Why doesn’t charger defender touch him when he’s down there? Shit I have a bad feeling about my bet…

Exactly. Instead of complaining about OPI, touch the receiver when he’s on the 3 yard line, which would mean Baltimore didn’t convert on 4th down and you win the game. Maybe the Chargers defender knew Crabtree caught the ball in the end zone and it was a TD. Then again, with this officiating crew, you don’t know what they’ll call, so why not try to present the outcome that helps your team the most.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Why doesn’t charger defender touch him when he’s down there? Shit I have a bad feeling about my bet…

I was screaming about that. If it hadn’t been a TD on replay, he went backwards on his own during the catch. If you just touch him down there instead of having your arms out complaining to the refs, it would have been short of the first down and Chargers ball.

It’s one thing that drives me nuts about players. They do dumb late hits because they’re “fired up” or whatever, but they don’t do the other smart things related to “don’t assume the play is over until it actually is”.

EDIT: Coma! :lol:

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Kingasaurus.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Kingasaurus.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Now, can the Eagles go the fuck home too?

jforb
    Participant

Good job good effort rulebook

Lefty

The NFL is exhausting to watch because of the dominant role the referees play In Every game.

Coma
    Participant

Good job good effort rulebook

That ruling was completely ridiculous, but there was some basis for it in the rule book. People hung up on the tuck rule should be preparing to hang themselves, because that explanation made even less sense.

I realize we’re spoiled with the Patriots. We’ve been watching easily the greatest coach of this era and an evolving core of players and assistants  who buy in to his philosophy for almost 2 decades. Here, we’re watching a playoff game with 2 of the bright, young coaching minds in the game, there’s a potential fumble and no one from either team bothers to pick up the ball. It just sat there until an official picked it up. There’s zero chance that would happen if the Patriots were in that situation, either on offense or defense.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

After Plugs-Poes, I tuned into the late game but I hate both the Pukes and the Papas so much (Monsters of the Midway my azz) that I just said enough.

By the way, the networks seem to have bought into the AFC-is-a-conference-of-tomato-cans mantra of the Shankhole because the four NFC games are getting the late slot this weekend and next weekend. The AFCCG is the late game on January 20th, though.

Headline on NFLcom:  Harbaugh Says Flacco Will Have a Market.   :lol:  

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

At this point in his career Flacco is a lousy QB that will do little to nothing to help his team win, yet he will coast on the vapors of his super bowl victory to the tune of $7,000,000 – 9,000,000,000 back up for the next 3 – 4 years. Nice work if you can get it

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s not crazy, Cris.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Nick Foles has a knack for this shit

Yahtzee
    Participant

C’mon Bears.

Lebron
    Participant

Perfect.  Kicker sucked all year.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I hope the Saints destroy those pricks.

Lebron
    Participant

I love watching these coaches face deep in tablets or call sheets while Bill said fuck the tablets and takes notes to make adjustments.  No wonder these guys fuck up the clock.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ouch

Lebron
    Participant

Billy Crystal would have been better than these losers doing the Globes

jforb
    Participant

I realize we’re spoiled with the Patriots. We’ve been watching easily the greatest coach of this era and an evolving core of players and assistants who buy in to his philosophy for almost 2 decades. Here, we’re watching a playoff game with 2 of the bright, young coaching minds in the game, there’s a potential fumble and no one from either team bothers to pick up the ball. It just sat there until an official picked it up. There’s zero chance that would happen if the Patriots were in that situation, either on offense or defense.

Not so sure, there was a loud whistle and the official was waving incomplete.

Seems to me that the thing that makes the most sense is to say possession has not been established when the defender also had an arm on the ball and hasn’t stopped touching it.

Viewing 21 posts - 151 through 171 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar