Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/07-01/13/2019 Week Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 268 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 3 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 251 through 269 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Big Fat O
    Participant

Play like this for the next 2 weeks and it’s number 6.

Coma
    Participant

I know we know we’re spoiled with the last two decades of the Patriots, but the playoff stats for Rivers just reinforce the point. Rivers has played for 14 or so years and he’s in the top 10 all time for a lot of passing stats. His TD pass in the first quarter tied the franchise postseason record with 12. Brady has 71. There have been a couple consecutive seasons where Brady combined for 12 playoff TD passes. It’s crazy how far ahead of the rest of the field Brady is.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bon Jovi moment was pretty good.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Annual AFCCG Thread, will it follow a weekly thread, or a succession of Daily Threads?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

They’ve got burnt ends. We’ve got the orange menace.

BrianInLA
    Participant

KC -3 NE

Brady’s 13th AFC championship game in 17 healthy seasons. Insane.

RedSeat
    Participant

Lot of similarities to the 01 season playoffs. Go birds.

Yahtzee
    Participant

NO defense is a sieve

jforb
    Participant

Not that I want more Buck but Fox couldn’t fly their a team out to do both games?

rclane
    Participant

It’s 2019 and Fox’s HD is still abysmal.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I wonder if the Saints have just woke up?

Humphrey
    Participant

Not that I want more Buck but Fox couldn’t fly their a team out to do both games?

But if it was CBS it would be Fouts. I rest my case

Nashua Dad
    Participant

They should have snapped that at 2:05. If you score here leave no time. Idiots.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Even more idiocy and it cost them.

Humphrey
    Participant

Die eagles Die

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Die eagles Die

Pennsylvania Dutch for ‘The Eagles, The?’

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I wonder if the Saints have just woke up?

How could the Saints come out flat after that awesome motivational technique that Payton used? Also, it would have been swell if Jeffery or another one of the Eagles receivers let a pass go through their hands right to a defender in the 4th quarter of the last Super Bowl.

To follow up on my post about Rivers postseason stats, I think it’s safe to say that he leads all QBs in postseason whining. He’s 37 years old, you’d think by now he would have realized that carrying on like that doesn’t help. At all.

Also, part of the problem on the play where Hightower hit him on the delay of game penalty was the screwed up interpretation the league has for the play clock expiring. During a Chiefs game earlier this year, the play clock hit zero without the ball being snapped and the refs let it go. One of the former officials with a TV job explained that refs actually get punished for blowing plays dead when the clock hits zero if the center is just about to snap it. This should be one of those situations, like a false start, where the officials come in blow their whistles and all the players slow down and stop. Instead, you’ve got officials giving the offense an extra half second or full second and players like Rivers acting like it’s a live play and expecting the defense not to do the same.

Feejis
    Participant

That’s a great win. 52-10 would’ve been better but maybe that’s an unfair request.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

That’s a great win. 52-10 would’ve been better but maybe that’s an unfair request.

You mean as revenge for 1963? If so, you like the “one point more” philosophy!

The only time something like that meant something to me was 2003. Once the Pats got up on the Bills big time in the season finale, I wanted it to end 31-0…and it did! Mostly to shove it up Cafardo and others’ asses. Wish granted.

Viewing 19 posts - 251 through 269 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar