Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/07-01/13/2019 Week Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 268 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Humphrey
    Participant

The Wolfman

Speaking of legends from (or living in) NH, what ever happened to LJS???

Humphrey
    Participant

College football is so stupid :lol: “you scored a touchdown? Ok, so now we go score a touchdown..then you, then us? Good”. Glad I took the over

Alabama decided to not keep up its end of the bargain the final 3 quarters. Ovah bettahs squeaked by nevertheless.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Humphrey.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

“A Chicago brewery slammed the “armchair kickers” castigating Cody Parkey — who missed a game-winning field goal for the Bears on Sunday — and is challenging them to put their foot where their mouth is.

Goose Island Beer Co. defended the embattled Bears kicker in a series of tweets Monday, offering free beer for a year to any fan who kicked a 43-yard field goal outside their brewery.”

Why don’t they throw in that they’ll have someone partially tip the ball too? When you throw that in the mix it was one hell of a kick to miss by an inch or two.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Wait wait wait…Shawne Merriman is still angry about the Lights Out thing all these years later? That’s just funny. And sad.

That’s a very common theme to those who the Patriots have beaten

Kordell Stewart still thinks the better team didn’t win

Marshall Faulke still think the Rams were screwed by the Patriots filming their practice.

The Raiders still talk bitterly about the correct Tuck Rule calling

Marshall is doing the Brett Hart thing they didn’t lose they were screwed out of what they thought they were deserved.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m scared of the Ravens the Chargers Clemson.

chicowalker
    Participant

Looking back at the lights out game box score, the Chargers called their second time out of the 2nd half with 3:53 left in a tie game, after an incompletion on 2nd and 5.  3rd and 5- incompletion.  On their final drive, Rivers had to spike w/24 seconds (on first down!) left at the pats 36, and frail waif Nate Kaeding missed from 54.  If they still had a time out they could have thrown on first, spiked on second, thrown on third and then called time out an had a much easier fg to tie.  thatsashame.jpg

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Bears D shit the bed at the end letting Golden Tate score a TD. That’s why they lost. Just like that shit storm over the ‘miracle in miami’. The Pats score a TD the play before who gives a crap what happens on the kick-off. Still Foles is on some unbelievable post-season roll. He’s like that guy from the 90s/early 2000s New Jersey Devils who would score like 3 goals in the regular season and then net 10 -15 on the playoffs.

Coma
    Participant

Just saw that McDaniels announced that he won’t be taking any head coaching jobs and will be back with the Patriots for the 2019 season. I could be wrong, but I can’t see Flores getting hired after one season running the defense. Wasn’t there a story last month about a potential “mass exodus” of Patriots coaches and front office personnel? I guess that was another “right at the time” story that will get recycled at various times in the coming year.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Just saw that McDaniels announced that he won’t be taking any head coaching jobs and will be back with the Patriots for the 2019 season. I could be wrong, but I can’t see Flores getting hired after one season running the defense. Wasn’t there a story last month about a potential “mass exodus” of Patriots coaches and front office personnel? I guess that was another “right at the time” story that will get recycled at various times in the coming year.

It amazes me how McDaniels saying last year that his wife and kids didn’t want to move right now is completely ignored as a possible reason for him to not leave in the immediate future. It always has to be some other reason, often something conspiratorial.

It’s not that these coaches don’t lie to the media regularly, but are we just going to ignore that? It has to at least be part of the narrative.

Participant

No restaurant group, no investors, no partners. I did everything myself.”

Nick B
    Participant

except when it come to “blame” . she’s pretty good at passing that along

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Nick B.
    5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams said after his team’s 44-16 loss in the National Championship Game that the Clemson offense was “very easy” to defend. He said the Tide faced far better offenses before the title game.

“He’s got a little Steeler in him already, it appears.” Kiper

Lebron
    Participant

Josh’s statement translates to “all these jobs fucking suck, I’m staying put.”

Lebron
    Participant

Looking back at the lights out game box score, the Chargers called their second time out of the 2nd half with 3:53 left in a tie game, after an incompletion on 2nd and 5. 3rd and 5- incompletion. On their final drive, Rivers had to spike w/24 seconds (on first down!) left at the pats 36, and frail waif Nate Kaeding missed from 54. If they still had a time out they could have thrown on first, spiked on second, thrown on third and then called time out an had a much easier fg to tie. thatsashame.jpg

No one ever accused Marty Shottenheimer of being a brilliant tactician.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Re: @TableBoston, the twitter account for the restaurant: “I don’t run that twitter account” when someone calls her out on not following through on New Years Eve opening that the twitter feed promoted. That one slays me. She’s not responsible for her own restaurant’s twitter feed? This guy was the one who provoked her to her “twitter break” that lasted less than one day.

:puke:

chicowalker
    Participant

How can she be expected to run that twitter account when legions of Pats, Sox, B’s, C’s, Incel..all opinions are my own need hourly updates on the cleanliness of her dog’s asshole?  Her business acumen is fantastic

4 users thanked author for this post.

I wasn’t a fan of how the Bears handled the last few plays. Thought after the Robinson catch they should have gotten up to the line and clocked it, so you have 2nd down and a time out. Instead they call time, run a first down play then clock it so you just have the one play left no timeout and no room for error in terms of staying in bounds or a short yardage sack. So the only play is to get it to the end zone and put it where no one has a chance of picking it. Might not have made a difference but I think you give yourself a better flow of play/down situation if you don’t call the timeout when they did.

Same here. I was yelling at the screen when they called the TO. So stupid. On and on, we see all these coaches shoot themselves in the foot, limiting their opportunities. You hold onto that TO, your playcalling options are open, even running plays. And you don’t have to rush anything. You might even have the luxury to give your kicker a few more yards to work with.

Instead, you’re limited to end zone or sideline passes, and the defense knows it.

RedSeat
    Participant

Looking back at the lights out game box score, the Chargers called their second time out of the 2nd half with 3:53 left in a tie game, after an incompletion on 2nd and 5. 3rd and 5- incompletion. On their final drive, Rivers had to spike w/24 seconds (on first down!) left at the pats 36, and frail waif Nate Kaeding missed from 54. If they still had a time out they could have thrown on first, spiked on second, thrown on third and then called time out an had a much easier fg to tie. thatsashame.jpg

Wasn’t the first TO a questionable challenge?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Just the dogs, don’t bulldogs take a ton of work and she has 3 – I believe 1 is pretty young so at some point while planning a new restaurant she decided she needed more responsibility at home.

Lebron
    Participant

The Patriots screw up the clock at the end of the 1st half in Miami and it makes national headlines.  Twitter debates on when was the last time they screwed up the clock like that, Seattle in ’11 or ’12?  Think about that.  Talking about the last time a team screwed up the clock being 6 or 7 years ago.  These other teams do it 6 or 7 times a fucking year.

7 users thanked author for this post.

RedSeat
    Participant

Looked it up. The first TO was a challenge, but it was the McCree-Brown play, that they pretty much had to challenge.

And if we’re being fair, NE called their 2nd TO of the 2nd half with 2:45 to go in a tie game and a stopped clock. Facing an important 3rd down, just like Marty was. The difference was the result.

chicowalker
    Participant

I was hoping someone would remember, the box score didn’t say.

Lebron
    Participant

Looks like they challenged the interception/fumble recovery play.  Probably hoping against hope that McCree was down.

What a horribly random timeout.  Clock is already stopped, 2nd down.  Rivers wife was probably ovulating.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Josh’s statement translates to “all these jobs fucking suck, I’m staying put.”

I’m guessing Josh is Patriots 4 Life, now. What job could possibly be better than the Colts last year or the Browns this year? Maybe the Steelers and Ravens in terms of stability, but their QB situations aren’t ideal for the long term.

Participant

Mookie Betts has a very strong arbitration case according to the Globe.

Can’t get one past those folks can you?

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar