Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/07-01/13/2019 Week Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 268 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 5 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

No restaurant group, no investors, no partners. I did everything myself.”

Re: @TableBoston, the twitter account for the restaurant: “I don’t run that twitter account” when someone calls her out on not following through on New Years Eve opening that the twitter feed promoted. That one slays me. She’s not responsible for her own restaurant’s twitter feed? This guy was the one who provoked her to her “twitter break” that lasted less than one day.

:puke:

I like to think it was the poster formerly known as charlie who was putting her over the edge. She’s a real treat. Hire a PR firm to get you all these puff pieces in local rags, high end looking photos of your sign and restaurant, but forgo a liquor license because it was too hard, or whatever.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Looking back at the lights out game box score, the Chargers called their second time out of the 2nd half with 3:53 left in a tie game, after an incompletion on 2nd and 5. 3rd and 5- incompletion. On their final drive, Rivers had to spike w/24 seconds (on first down!) left at the pats 36, and frail waif Nate Kaeding missed from 54. If they still had a time out they could have thrown on first, spiked on second, thrown on third and then called time out an had a much easier fg to tie. thatsashame.jpg

No one ever accused Marty Shottenheimer of being a brilliant tactician.

There was a gleam, though.

Schottenheimer was fired after that game. It’s his responsibility to have the team focused and not looking past their opponent, but he guided them to 14-2. Fast forward 12 years and Mitch Silver is aghast that Hue Jackson was let go after winning 3 games in 2 1/2 seasons.

With the benefit of hindsight, I wonder if it would have been better if Marlon McCree just batted down Brady’s 4th down pass. I believe the Chargers would have destroyed the Colts at home in the AFCCG. Manning doesn’t get his first ring. Polian and Dungy probably never win a Super Bowl. There are negatives, but that might be a worthwhile alternative history. Then I figured, if we’re changing things, the best option would be to go back to week 17 and tell Rodney Harrison to watch out for cheap shots from the Titans. If he’s healthy for the playoffs, the Patriots beat the Colts in Indy and win the Super Bowl. That would have put an end to the talk about the Steelers winning 4 in 6 years and Montana being 4-0.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Coma.
    5 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

No restaurant group, no investors, no partners. I did everything myself.”

Re: @TableBoston, the twitter account for the restaurant: “I don’t run that twitter account” when someone calls her out on not following through on New Years Eve opening that the twitter feed promoted. That one slays me. She’s not responsible for her own restaurant’s twitter feed? This guy was the one who provoked her to her “twitter break” that lasted less than one day.

:puke:

I like to think it was the poster formerly known as charlie who was putting her over the edge. She’s a real treat. Hire a PR firm to get you all these puff pieces in local rags, high end looking photos of your sign and restaurant, but forgo a liquor license because it was too hard, or whatever.

Her website has buttons for “reservations” and “gift certificates” which bring you back to the home page. Money well spent.

chicowalker
    Participant

all this based on fucking pictures of her food.  She’s never cooked anywhere, right? Jesus.  Thankfully someone (board member?) informed the white knights that try as they might, they were not getting a side of HPV with their bolognese

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I have trouble picturing Charlie as a Kirk Minihane-stan (as shown in that twitter dude’s timeline).

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The Wolfman

Speaking of legends from (or living in) NH, what ever happened to LJS???

Went out to walk his pet rat & never came back.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Josh’s statement translates to “all these jobs fucking suck, I’m staying put.”

I’m guessing Josh is Patriots 4 Life, now. What job could possibly be better than the Colts last year or the Browns this year? Maybe the Steelers and Ravens in terms of stability, but their QB situations aren’t ideal for the long term.

It’s quite a dilemma for Kraft. He’s got to ride Belichick for as long as he can, because once BB “retires” he will be the highest-priced free-agent (never mind free-agent coach) in NFL history. Old Bastard that I am, I remember when Lombardi retired from the Packers after Super Bowl II. He was only 54, but the story was that he would stay in Green Bay forever as general manager, picking the groceries for his friend, former defensive coordinator and designated successor, Phil Bengtson, the new head coach. That lasted one season before “Eddie Benny Williams (one of the greats)” threw so much money at him, Lombardi bolted for Washington.  (Good thing he cashed in, considering he was living on borrowed time, as things turned out.)

Belichick will be 67 next season, but it’s possible that he’s even more dedicated to coaching than Lombardi was and would be bored even more quickly in a GM-only role. Imagine some owner seeking “instant credibility” blowing past whatever package Jon Gruden got, but with fewer years and higher annual salary.

EDIT: Word Press just ate this post; apologies it’s a duplicate.

jforb
    Participant

So would any team but the Pats and Steelers have won in the last 10 years if Tomlin was the least bit competent?

Lebron
    Participant

I learn something new or more likely remind myself of something every time I look at or watch that Chargers playoff game.  On the TD that put the Chargers up 21-13 the Chargers got an unnecessary roughness call on the extra point.  So the Patriots started at the 37 on the ensuing kickoff.  Granted that was the possession where Brady throws the 4th down pick that is then recovered but just a dumb play overall.  I’d have to dial it up on the DVR but how do you get an unnecessary roughness call on a friggin’ extra point.

Lebron
    Participant

So the Cardinals just said ‘eh, fuck it, hire Mahomes college coach.  Done and done.’

jforb
    Participant

That reminds me that the biggest shock of the weekend was the Ravens not getting a dumb unnecessary roughness penalty at some point.

Coma
    Participant

So the Cardinals just said ‘eh, fuck it, hire Mahomes college coach. Done and done.’

Kingsbury will be like the Showtime Mahomes of coaching! It’s foolproof!

Mark
    Participant

It will be interesting to see who Kingsbury has as DC, since the innovative mind completely ignored defense at TTech.

Also, tread carefully talking about the other thing. Crazy far away is funny. Up close, not so much.

Humphrey
    Participant

So the Cardinals just said ‘eh, fuck it, hire Mahomes college coach. Done and done.’

Kingsbury will be like the Showtime Mahomes of coaching! It’s foolproof!

If not mentioned before, glad they hired him just to piss off Peter King. “If it isn’t one thing, it’s another”.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Wolfman

Speaking of legends from (or living in) NH, what ever happened to LJS???

Went out to walk his pet rat & never came back.

Everybody’s got a hungry heart…

Hugh Jassol
    Participant

What ever happened to DUKA? He was a legend too.

Humphrey
    Participant

Just the dogs, don’t bulldogs take a ton of work and she has 3 – I believe 1 is pretty young so at some point while planning a new restaurant she decided she needed more responsibility at home.

This article seems to bear that out. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/08/02/why-breeding-bulldogs-is-borderline-inhumane/?utm_term=.5e134af3b2d1

NASCL
    Participant

Took a look at that guy’s Twitter.  Not (BSMW) charlie.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Late last week the local afternoon sports guys had Breer on to talk about Kingsbury coming to USC and they asked him (several times) about the chance that Kingsbury bolts if he gets a head coaching offer from the NFL. Breer, being the insider that he is, flat out said that there was no chance of that happening as Kingsbury has no desire at this time to do the NFL thing. Listening for a few minutes yesterday they brought up the interview with Breer but never once mentioned that it was possible he basically had no idea what he was talking about rather than assuming he had inside info and that Kingsbury had changed his mind on the NFL. The guy just gets a pass no matter what bs he spews.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Bezos is getting divorced. That’s going to be one massive settlement.

Hacksaw
    Participant

r

Will Betts give them a hometown discount?

and to be on the record…..Betts deserves a better contract the JJ Trout.

Participant

He changed his tune.

. has some insight about Kliff Kingsbury in today’s MMQB https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/07

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

On Monday wasn’t Kingsburry supposed to replace John McD after he took the Packers job? It’s like nobody knows anything.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Breer and no clue go hand in hand.

Lebron
    Participant

Heard Breer with that fucking weirdo Adam Schein while driving last week.  No wonder he talks about high school and college so much, he speaks like a stoned/drunk frisbee throwing psych major.  Lots of ‘you knows’ and ‘likes’ and tries to sound like he knows something but he ends up wasting 10 minutes of your time telling you absolutely nothing.

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar