Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/07-01/13/2019 Week Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 268 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

If Pete found the Kliff Kingsbury stuff dishonorable how does he find the Bruce Arians ‘the Cardinals are gonna suck right quick I’ll retire do the booth for a year then wait out for another head coaching gig’ maneuver?  Of course Arians is a proverbial friend of the show what with all that access he gave Pete a couple of years ago, so I’m sure that one passes the honorable test with flying colors.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Adam Schein used to be a host on the NFL channel on Sirius when it first started. Due to low subscriber numbers and lots of lead paint chips the callers all sounded like WEEI rejects. He must have been told my management that he had to be nice to all of them because he was very calm and thoughtful no matter how brain dead they were. I have no idea where he went after Sirius but after seeing a picture  of him I’d be shocked it was TV.

Lebron
    Participant

He’s still at Sirius they just moved him to  different channel, MDSR.  In fact I think they swapped guys with the NFL station, can’t remember the mid morning guy that they moved but I remember when they moved him he was none too pleased and somewhat vocal about it.  I think Schein also works for CBS radio and he pops up on Showtime’s Inside the NFL or at least he used to.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Schein is on CBS Sports Network, I think he hosts at least one show as I scroll through. He’s terrible but they believe in that voice.

Claude45
    Participant

“I have a feeling he’s gonna miss,” said a true sharp sitting across from me, Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post.

Like he’s Ace fucking Rothstein

Nothing sets my teeth on edge like these media jackasses using the term “sharps”. Gambling is just another sports subject they pontificate on as experts and have no fucking idea what they are talking about. They have no shame.

jforb
    Participant

“I have a feeling he’s gonna miss,” said a true sharp sitting across from me, Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post.

Nothing sets my teeth on edge like these media jackasses using the term “sharps”. Gambling is just another sports subject they pontificate on as experts and have no fucking idea what they are talking about. They have no shame.

MATCHUP (LINE)	CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER	JIM MCBRIDE	NORA PRINCIOTTI	SCOTT THURSTON	BEN VOLIN
    SEASON	125-121-10	118-128-10	112-134-10	125-121-10	134-112-10
    BEST BETS	9-8	6-9-2	6-11	9-8	8-9

Lebron
    Participant

Freddie Kitchens in Cleveland.  Broncos supposedly leaning toward Vic Fangio.

Claude45
    Participant

Our favorite entrepreneur has had to take a twitter break. That’s a shame.

Some favorite tweets to her:

“it doesn’t matter that you’re a woman. it has nothing to do with it. You are a total asshole on twitter, You deserve to be mocked. How many restaurants are there in Boston?We have all dealt wit the same shit. it sucks. Bureaucracy sucks, deal with it.”

“I like your food and dogs a lot more than your politics”. (she’d probably have twice as many saying this if she was for Trump rather than against him, but if it’s true that the affluent are more conservative, it’s pretty stupid to turn off that segment of your customer base. And when your tweets are the equivalent of the “motherfucker” comment from the lady in Michigan, you can rest assured she’s turned people off.)

“I ask that because of a chef/owner of a new restaurant to think you are going to work less than 12 hours a day. You are out of your freaking mind.”

Somebody supporting her said nicely on twitter that you make a lot of money off alcohol so you “need that license!” She responds with a condescending and catty “Nope. I’m not going to make my money on alcohol.” I don’t know much about the restaurant biz but as a customer, when I look at the bill, the profit margin seems to be a bit better on the booze vs. the food.

But what do I know, that thinking is probably just me trying to keep the white male hierarchy in place and female business women down!

Lebron
    Participant

Anyone who has spent time in the industry knows the money is in booze.  Controlling booze costs is tough, but controlling food/plate cost is a fucking nightmare.  Another thing about booze is that it’s not as simple as get a license, which is hard enough.  Insurance goes way up and you have to do required trainings of staff and deal with suppliers and cops/alcohol board.  Still, at the least you should probably have a beer/wine license unless you’re just going to be a sandwich/breakfast joint.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Freddie Kitchens in Cleveland. Broncos supposedly leaning toward Vic Fangio.

Lot of diversity in these hires. Old white guys and younger white guys.

Lebron
    Participant

People here want to kill themselves over Fangio.  They also would have killed themselves over Munchak.  You can’t lose!

Coma
    Participant

MATCHUP (LINE) CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER JIM MCBRIDE NORA PRINCIOTTI SCOTT THURSTON BEN VOLIN
    SEASON 125-121-10 118-128-10 112-134-10 125-121-10 134-112-10
    BEST BETS 9-8 6-9-2 6-11 9-8 8-9

If I’m reading it right, Volin having far and away the best record is truly shocking. All those other people involved should feel horrible and reconsider what they’re doing with their lives.

Coma
    Participant

Why is the NY Post sending someone to cover the Bears-Eagles in person? If newspapers are trying to save money, that seems like an unnecessary expense.

Participant

Why is the NY Post sending someone to cover the Bears-Eagles in person? If newspapers are trying to save money, that seems like an unnecessary expense.

They need someone to write an article about how good Foles will look in a Giants uniform next year.

Participant

Always, always, always the victim.

And you all wonder why Im such a hard ass. This is how you get when people literally throw bricks in your face throughout your career.

Participant

One of the white knights is in the brain sharing biz with, Mike Flynn.

I share a basketball brain with … he’s 100% right about how mundane the NBA game has become. A guy like Tatum would be unguardable in the post. He’s 6’9, crafty, has touch and you can’t put your hands on him. I miss the midrange game and slashing.

Lebron
    Participant

I think it was the Wall Street Journal that ran a feature where they had chimps picking stocks against fund managers, and the chimps would often outperform the fund managers.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Even a chimp can see Tesla is bullshit.

Coma
    Participant

I think it was the Wall Street Journal that ran a feature where they had chimps picking stocks against fund managers, and the chimps would often outperform the fund managers.

Planet of the Apes: Wallstreet could be intriguing.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’m more interested in a chimp American Psycho.

chicowalker
    Participant

More evidence she never worked in a restaurant. Waiting tables 101- upsell alcohol.  “I won’t make my money on booze” :lol:

What do you think honey, one more drink with dessert?

Nah, but I will have another ribeye with my tiramisu  :blink:   :lol:  

jforb
    Participant

I want to see a real life Hail to the Chimp.

Seems to be because of the license board hearing but there’s an article up on universalhub.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I want to see a real life Hail to the Chimp.

Seems to be because of the license board hearing but there’s an article up on universalhub.

You watched the news lately?

chicowalker
    Participant

Is she set to be executive chef?  I think Feejis mentioned it yesterday, if so does she realize she’s going to be working 80 hour weeks, for very little pay?

Claude45
    Participant

Always, always, always the victim.

And you all wonder why Im such a hard ass. This is how you get when people literally throw bricks in your face throughout your career.

I love how she views her hard knock life. She has no discernible income for years but somehow she’s swapping million dollar condos and pissing money away on pipe dreams.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar