Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/07-01/13/2019 Week Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 268 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Always, always, always the victim.

And you all wonder why Im such a hard ass. This is how you get when people literally throw bricks in your face throughout your career.

I think this came up in last week’s thread, but if multiple people literally throwing bricks in her face in separate incidents, wouldn’t there literally be police reports, literal arrests, and literal jail time for these people, not to mention literal hospital visits for the injuries? I’ve literally never heard anything like that involving her, so maybe “literally” is literally the wrong word to use.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

“Hopes to” get a liquor license down the road and maybe add brunch on Sundays.

From the comments on Universal Hub

Italian Durgin Park?

Feejis
    Participant

Italian Durgin Park?

I love that the writer spelled her name incorrectly.

35 seats. Reservations only. Dinner only. No advanced notice of the family style menu for that night. No booze.

How many chefs would you agree to  those terms for?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

Italian Durgin Park?

35 seats. Reservations only. Dinner only. No advanced notice of the family style menu for that night. No booze.

How many chefs would you agree to those terms for?

Gee, with a business model as sound as that, how could she possibly fail?

Claude45
    Participant

Italian Durgin Park?

Durgin Park is closing so i see the comp.

BrianInLA
    Participant

$75 for this?

— DINNER MENU —

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’ll stick with Prezza.

Humphrey
    Participant

Italian Durgin Park?

She better update her website because brunch is one of the categories. Plus, something about the fixed dinner price includes a glass of Riunite/Carlo Rossi/Boone’s Farm/MD20-20/whatever.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

Lebron
    Participant

I always liked Carlo Rossi.  An old paisan holding grapes with a ‘come on, I ain’t gonna steer ya wrong’ look on his face.

Lebron
    Participant

Don’t forget the extras!

ADDITIONAL ITEMS

Meatballs with house-made ricotta (6)   $10

Fifteen-layer eggplant parmesan   $12

House-made ricotta gnocchi    $12

Fried calamari, shisito peppers  $12

Broccoli Rabe, garlic, olive oil    $6

Roasted asparagus, shaved parm  $6

Cappuccino/Espresso   $3

Boozy Cappuccino $8

Sambuca   $10

Espresso Martini   $14

15 layer ‘parmesan’?  What the fuck?

Suzy
    Participant

Always, always, always the victim.

And you all wonder why Im such a hard ass. This is how you get when people literally throw bricks in your face throughout your career.

I love how she views her hard knock life. She has no discernible income for years but somehow she’s swapping million dollar condos and pissing money away on pipe dreams.

Right? All the cash is coming from somewhere. Inheritance?

Way overpriced, no booze and inexperienced staff/management. This is destined to fail hard. And it won’t be her fault!!

Where on earth is this person getting the kind of seed money/backing you need to even try something like this in that location, no less? As slipshod and unprofessional as the venture is, someone’s spending a ton of money on it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

This is the pic on the website of the 15 layer eggplant

Eggplant

BrianInLA
    Participant

So the grand opening is in less than 2 weeks and as someone pointed out on here yesterday the link on the site to make reservations (as its reservation ONLY) doesn’t work (still). Top notch production and planning.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I checked out Universal Hub and saw a photo of the at-large city councilor. She looks like a Flip Wilson character.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I drove down Hanover Street a couple of weeks ago and noticed it.  Way down at the water end so basically no possibility of foot traffic/drop ins. I guess that’s why reservations only . . . so maybe she doesn’t open unless there’s a critical mass of folks who have booked?

Theoretically that would save some sort of money but what staff is going to be on standby on a day-to-day basis?  And how does that work with keeping food fresh?

Brian
    Participant

Adam Schein used to be a host on the NFL channel on Sirius when it first started. Due to low subscriber numbers and lots of lead paint chips the callers all sounded like WEEI rejects. He must have been told my management that he had to be nice to all of them because he was very calm and thoughtful no matter how brain dead they were. I have no idea where he went after Sirius but after seeing a picture of him I’d be shocked it was TV.

Actually he hosts a Monday QB show on some CBS sports channel I get.

Feejis
    Participant

I checked out Universal Hub and saw a photo of the at-large city councilor. She looks like a Flip Wilson character.

She looks like Mrs. Grizzle from the Berenstain Bears books.

Humphrey
    Participant

Shit, Morrie from Goodfellas had better looking fake hair than her!

3 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I love pub seating. Can I get a beer with my meal? No? Oh, well, ok bye.

If you’re not looking for a sit-down dinner, our rustic farm tables can be swapped for pub tables to give guests a more social experience. This can only be done, however, on Monday’s when TABLE is closed to the public. (Inquire via email about buyouts for other days of the week)

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

We will also be open for Sunday brunch with a serve-yourself coffee and tea bar, mimosas and bloody mary’s.

Apparently there is one bloody mary and it possesses something.  Jesus Christ.

TABLE will open for two nightly seatings Tuesday and Wednesday, and three seatings Thursday thru Saturday.

Three rounds?  What are the hours?  Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  “Alright folks we packed that dessert to go, next round is coming in so scram” and if you have to wait for the previous seating to vacate you can’t even get a fucking drink.  Unless you get that ‘1’ glass of wine while you wait

4 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

“I have a feeling he’s gonna miss,” said a true sharp sitting across from me, Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post.

Like he’s Ace fucking Rothstein

Nothing sets my teeth on edge like these media jackasses using the term “sharps”. Gambling is just another sports subject they pontificate on as experts and have no fucking idea what they are talking about. They have no shame.

MATCHUP (LINE) CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER JIM MCBRIDE NORA PRINCIOTTI SCOTT THURSTON BEN VOLIN
    SEASON 125-121-10 118-128-10 112-134-10 125-121-10 134-112-10
    BEST BETS 9-8 6-9-2 6-11 9-8 8-9

Docked three bottles of Chardonnay for failure to include NFL Insider D. Shaughnessy in the group. Also, where’s the essential TCI*?

* Tomato Can Index

Lebron
    Participant

What I’m guessing from the picture is ‘pesto’ with some cold cuts looks like what would come out of your ass after a few shots of wheat grass.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I think it was the Wall Street Journal that ran a feature where they had chimps picking stocks against fund managers, and the chimps would often outperform the fund managers.

Planet of the Apes: Wallstreet could be intriguing.

Forget Gordon Gekko, bring on Gordo Gorilla!

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Italian Durgin Park?

How many chefs would you agree to those terms for?

I have to bet one of the “secret ingredients” comes in a container marked “Purina.”

Coma
    Participant

So the grand opening is in less than 2 weeks and as someone pointed out on here yesterday the link on the site to make reservations (as its reservation ONLY) doesn’t work (still). Top notch production and planning.

I’m sure she’s got Bedard’s IT guy on top of that.

If she was disappointed in the results of her alcohol/no alcohol poll on twitter, wait until she realizes that being a white knight online and saying you’ll come to the restaurant is easy and free as opposed to actually showing up and paying for a meal. I’m sure some will attend, but it will be 50% or less of the people who are now saying they can’t wait to be there. Also, at $75 per person, how often will people go, even if everything is great? Once a month?

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar