Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/07-01/13/2019 Week Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 268 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Globe story today said the Sox are creating a Fenway Music Hall of Fame to honor performers who have played there multiple time. First inductee: Billy Joel who’s back this summer.

Gag.

They’ll turn up the concourse not knowing for sure why they’re doing it. They’ll arrive at the door as innocent as children, longing for the past. “Of course, we won’t mind if you look around”, The attendant will  say. “It’s only $35 per person”. They’ll pass over the money without even thinking about it because well, they’re suckers. 

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Rickkyboy.
    6 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I assume Joel is a Yankees fan.  At least they could have put James Taylor in first if they insist on this abomination.

chicowalker
    Participant

So, James Taylor Billy Joel Pearl Jam Foo Fighters? They aiming for the Apollo Theatre’s photo negative? Jesus.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Globe story today said the Sox are creating a Fenway Music Hall of Fame to honor performers who have played there multiple time. First inductee: Billy Joel who’s back this summer.

Gag.

I’m sure they’ll put Neil Diamond in it. Double gag.

2 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

Mr. Butch was jammin’ around Fenway Park way before any of them.  Just sayin’.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  NASCL.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Verna Bloom and Tim Matheson in 'Animal House.'

Also in High Plains Drifter, just saw that recently.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Gag.

I’m sure they’ll put Neil Diamond in it. Double gag.

Peter Gammons?

chicowalker
    Participant

If we had access to LJS inta-net there’d be a duck walking Gammons at the end of this post.  But there would also be about 1000 “Dackery!” guy posts too, so maybe you all were spared :blink:   :lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Image result for peter gammons guitar

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

MI if you can summon the drunken lil’ Broncos fan with the hot sister… :ohmy:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Joel recently announced he’s playing Coors Field.  Only way I’d go is if Joel and Liberty Devitto fight to the death.

Lebron
    Participant

Kubiak no longer the OC with the Broncos.  Supposedly wanted to bring back all the guys that Elway wanted him to fire in the first place 2 years ago which led to him leaving.  Hysterical.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

J-Bug wore his leather pants to the Tennessee game. Wasn’t even a little bit cold.

Participant

Kubiak no longer the OC with the Broncos. Supposedly wanted to bring back all the guys that Elway wanted him to fire in the first place 2 years ago which led to him leaving. Hysterical.

“Look Mike, John the GM is better than Bill the GM and Coach.”

BrianInLA
    Participant

Looks like the Dolphins are going to hire Brian Flores.

Coma
    Participant

Looks like the Dolphins are going to hire Brian Flores.

Don’t the decision makers in Miami know that all Patriots assistants are abject failures away from NE? That all their success is built on playing in the AFCE and their defense, in particular, is terrible?

I picture a Dolphins exec making a panicked conference call Saturday night: “People, we’ve made a terrible mistake. I downloaded the 98.5 SportsHub app last week, just to listen in on the local chatter. Flores snowed us. These guys are terrible. It’s all smoke and mirrors, luck, and other teams beating themselves. We’ve got to change course, NOW! Stall Flores, tell him we’re still working out some details, get the other guy on the phone and give him the job!”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Joel recently announced he’s playing Coors Field. Only way I’d go is if Joel and Liberty Devitto fight to the death.

I sorta/kinda get that Joel would be popular with his original LI/NY base and maybe other eastern cities, but Why TF would any person not in those geographic areas listen to – never mind pay to see – Billy Joel?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’ve tried and can’t root for the Colts.

jforb
    Participant

I’ve tried and can’t root for the Colts.

I was going to post a go horse but by the time I got to it, it was pretty clear that it would be pointless.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ahh …. I’ve missed go horse.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Yahtzee
    Participant

Adam and leave.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

If Adam hits those 2 kicks this is a 7 point game. I like the Pats chances next week (assuming they make it). KC has got less-and-less dominant as this game has gone on. The Colts were on their heels from the first snap.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar