Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/10/2018 Daily Thread: Going Back In Time

This topic contains 37 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 11 months ago.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Celtics and Bruins on break, Pats are going to roll so lets get into this Seth Wickersham piece some more. :wall:

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

Today the Daily News said Patricia is on his way to work for Lil Welly (I wonder if he has a gamer with MARA III on it)  – it’s not noted prick Gary Myers – so it could be true.

Coma
    Participant

Yesterday’s news, but Coach Craig believes there’s a Patriots media cartel. Of course, he’s not a part of it. No bait. No bull. At all.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Didn’t “all signs” point to Patricia going to Detroit just a few days ago? It’s almost as if these reports don’t know shit about anything.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty also “reported” Patricia was likely for the Giants. Wonder if his “source” was the NYDN article?

Participant

But wait, there’s more…..

“It wouldn’t surprise me. There’s a job he covets and it just happens to be open… The Giants.” — @BruceArians on Nick Saban returning to the NFL

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Didn’t “all signs” point to Patricia going to Detroit just a few days ago? It’s almost as if these reports don’t know shit about anything.

Journalistic standards? What are those?

Journalist relies on one source?: Not supposed to do that, but it’s now commonplace. Increases likelihood that source is just using the reporter to push an agenda, true or false.

Journalist relies on more than one source?: Often ignores the likelihood that a false story can easily spread far and wide, be picked up by different independent collectors, then regurgitated back to the reporter so it looks like independent people are telling the reporter the same thing; reporter mistakenly thinks this makes the false story more believable.

Do reporters even bother asking their sources, “How do you know this?”, anymore?  I wonder.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

How many of these sports reporter have more than the equivalent of a few community college / correspondent school credit hours worth of real journalism training?

TwoTimes
    Participant

Did he run into Saban at the Kangol outlet?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Did he run into Saban at the Kangol outlet?

Jerk store.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Michael Douglas is up next in celebrity harassment.

I had feeling Bob Costas would be linked to this type of stuff, but no way.  The the report on him would be”The new makeup lady tried to trap him into  doing some sexual misconduct situations in the MLB Network makeup room,  but all he wanted to do was talk about the 1988 World Series and Kenny Loggins.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I had feeling Bob Costas would be linked to this type of stuff, but no way.

You can’t be a harasser if you can’t reach her naughty bits.

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe if you threw Saban $15 million per and total control it would be a job he covets.  Of course they already hired Gettleman on the GM side.  Plus Saban is what, 66?  He’s a God in Tuscaloosa, from West Virginia, but he’s always wanted to coach the Giants.  Makes sense.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Maybe if you threw Saban $15 million per and total control it would be a job he covets. Of course they already hired Gettleman on the GM side. Plus Saban is what, 66? He’s a God in Tuscaloosa, from West Virginia, but he’s always wanted to coach the Giants. Makes sense.

The only bad part about attention whores like Rex Ryan and Arians getting fired is that they immediately join the media.

Feejis
    Participant

How many of these sports reporter have more than the equivalent of a few community college / correspondent school credit hours worth of real journalism training?

This is a trick question. There’s no such thing as real journalism training.

Claude45
    Participant

This Mara Derangement Syndrome the media has is crazy. It’s New York and it’s Mara so it’s a dream job for everyone. Mara’s a petty, backstabbing  asshole. Why again would he be a great boss?

Lefty

This Mara Derangement Syndrome the media has is crazy. It’s New York and it’s Mara so it’s a dream job for everyone. Mara’s a petty, backstabbing asshole. Why again would he be a great boss?

Random hope you could bang one of the underfed Mara daughters?

Claude45
    Participant

This Mara Derangement Syndrome the media has is crazy. It’s New York and it’s Mara so it’s a dream job for everyone. Mara’s a petty, backstabbing asshole. Why again would he be a great boss?

Random hope you could bang one of the underfed Mara daughters?

Point taken. One good thing about Patricia heading to the Giants, maybe they will get punished for once when they break the rules.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Maybe if you threw Saban $15 million per and total control it would be a job he covets. Of course they already hired Gettleman on the GM side. Plus Saban is what, 66? He’s a God in Tuscaloosa, from West Virginia, but he’s always wanted to coach the Giants. Makes sense.

What is it with the Giants job that all these reports treat it as Ultimate? Is it simply more NY sports yentas and their “all history is here” crapola? Seriously, basketball, football, hockey, baseball and for all I know horseshoes, ice dancing and quoits — the New York job is treated by the media (and likely the fans) as the highest anyone can go.

Great city. Terrific for the Arts. Delusional batshit regarding sports.

Participant

Gonna need an interpreter here…..

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Stroke. LJ had a stroke. That’s all I got. I’ve missed that fat tub of goo’s ‘art’  :smile:

jforb
    Participant

The 5 most recent beyond that one (except maybe the Dombrowski one) are equally amazing.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

LJ is Low-T?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Don’t you mean low IQ?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

LJ is catching on to the alarming decline in shopping mall traffic driven by e-commerce and digital marketing channels?

I’m just glad he didn’t show the “b” falling off a “Bass Pro Shops” logo.  Trop pants!

chicowalker
    Participant

What is it with the Giants job that all these reports treat it as Ultimate? Is it simply more NY sports yentas and their “all history is here” crapola? Seriously, basketball, football, hockey, baseball and for all I know horseshoes, ice dancing and quoits — the New York job is treated by the media (and likely the fans) as the highest anyone can go. Great city. Terrific for the Arts. Delusional batshit regarding sports.

Exactly.  Who was the last person, in any sport (won’t speak for hockey because I don’t know) who absolutely had to play in NY? Carmelo? Worked out great

NASCL
    Participant

Increasingly irrelevant Joe Gill apparently is back in bed with #bufferchat after a hiatus.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Let’s see … recent Giants coaching history.

• Ray Perkins, offensive coordinator for Don Coryell in San Diego, given first HC job in 1979 and quit in his fourth year to go to ‘Bama to succeed Bryant.
    • Bill Parcells, unknown assistant coach and DC with a losing Giants’ team, promoted to HC. After he almost gets fired in his first or second season, they gel into Super Bowl winners (1986) and he immediately tries to break his contract and go to the Falcons. (Or was it Buccaneers?) Thwarted, he comes back for four more seasons and quits right after winning his second Soupey (1990).
    • Ray Handley. ‘Nuff said.
    • Dan Reeves, fired by Denver after a dozen seasons and three SB routs, goes to the Giants on the rebound. Gets fired after going 31-33 in four years.
    • Jim Fassel gets his first HC job with the Giants after being an offensive coordinator in Denver and Phoenix. Goes 65-54-1 in seven years and gets manhandled by the Poes in the 2000 Soupey. Fired in 2003 and never head-coaches again.
    • Tom Coughlin went to the Giants in 2004 only after Jax cashiered him, won two SBs, and was run out of town in 2015 after a dozen years.
    • Ben McAdoo. See also: Ray Handley.

So Parcells, Reeves, Fassel and Coughlin were their only stellar coaches in the past four decades; two of them were coordinators but not necessarily “hot” candidates who lusted after the privilege of working for a Mara and coaching Big Blue. The other two were head coaches looking for work after being fired by their previous employers.

The exalted nature of this job seems to be purely the fictional creation of the New York sporting press.

InThisTown
    Participant

I can’t even make a guess on that one.  :lol:   He isn’t even mangling an obvious trite saying. The T is coming off? Huh?

Feejis
    Participant

I can’t even make a guess on that one. 😆 He isn’t even mangling an obvious trite saying. The T is coming off? Huh?

I’m sure that’s it. An amalgam of the wheels are coming off and the end is near.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Increasingly irrelevant Joe Gill apparently is back in bed with #bufferchat after a hiatus.

Also not shocking but No DeMarco Murry for the Titans on Saturday.

Claude45
    Participant

The military needs to call on LJ. The Windtalkers code is easier to break.

Lebron
    Participant

Baseball fagola

CSE Talent announced Wednesday that they fired agent Jason Wood, who led its baseball division, for not upholding the company’s “moral and ethical standards.”

Wood was suspended by the Major League Baseball Players Association, which is investigating allegations that he secretly filmed clients using his shower, according to Yahoo! Sports.

According to FanRag Sports, which first reported the allegations, a player, who didn’t want to be identified, found a camera when using Wood’s shower, confronted the agent and then fired him.

Lebron
    Participant

For some weird reason any mention of Ray Perkins makes me think of Lindsay Nelson calling the Alabama-BC game in Foxboro ’83 or ’84.  I think ’84 was when BC went to Legion Field and won.

Humphrey
    Participant

For some weird reason any mention of Ray Perkins makes me think of Lindsay Nelson calling the Alabama-BC game in Foxboro ’83 or ’84. I think ’84 was when BC went to Legion Field and won.

Yes, you have the years right.    BC won the game in 83 in a rainstorm/snow flurries/power failure (the game was off CBS for quite a while before they could get power back; they were afraid if they stopped the game it would get too dark).
    Then in 84 BC won.  IIRC the perfect example of why BB doesn’t fuck around when he’s got a lead.   Perkins put a backup qb in up 17 and right away he threw a pick that led to a score.  Next thing you knew, BC scored a bunch of points in a row and won.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Really, a pivotal moment here. Do I get sucked into the Red Dawn remake? Or move on?

CornerBlitz
    Participant

At the 83 game, left Hudson I swear it was decent out High 50s, weather went mental lightning thunder drenching rains and freezing- I had a windbreaker and a t shirt.
    That game was nuts. Pretty sure a transformer got hit and power was out for a while at the stadium. We tried to get inside the stadium club in the end zone- no dice. 23-14 final? I can’t remember, it was a big win, but Alabama wasn’t a juggernaut those years. Still a nice win. Remember the Bama players literally couldn’t believe how cold it was, they let it get to them.

jforb
    Participant

Is there a reason this didn’t get discussed yet?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar