Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/14-01/20/2019 Championship Week Thread

This topic contains 318 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 319 total)
  • Author

Enjoying this asshole’s salty tears. He says he loves triggering Pats fans but he is so triggered.

Titania McGrath is more legit than that guy.

I’m not getting the point of the account then. “This is what a Pats hater would write”? Don’t the actual Pats haters already fill that void and then some?

In the meantime,  total dick move by Dungy:

5 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Enjoying this asshole’s salty tears. He says he loves triggering Pats fans but he is so triggered.

Titania McGrath is more legit than that guy.

I’m not getting the point of the account then. “This is what a Pats hater would write”? Don’t the actual Pats haters already fill that void and then some?

Sometimes it’s better to not try to understand Twitter weirdos.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

In the meantime, total dick move by Dungy:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Wow. He’s such a fraudulent “good guy.” In the words of the great Tom Brady, unfuckingbelievable.

This is so great. Can’t even find the words.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Robert Kraft will love Atlanta’s hip-hop scene.

Buckhead Bob.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

1 user thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Andy should have tried 65 Toss Power Trap.

It might open right up, Rats.

Doncabesa
    Participant

In the meantime, total dick move by Dungy:

Hopefully Ford hangs in there, like Dungy’s kid.

jforb
    Participant

What’s the over/under on “Patrick Mahomes gets Andy Reid fired because he can’t get it done in the playoffs”? I don’t think it’ll take the 15 seasons that it took for McCarthy and Rodgers.

Would they have lost to any other team?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Fun Fact: Bill Belichick’s suggestion of being able to review any play would have overturned both controversial calls yesterday: The Rams non-pass interference call and the phantom roughing call on KC.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Fun Fact: Bill Belichick’s suggestion of being able to review any play would have overturned both controversial calls yesterday: The Rams non-pass interference call and the phantom roughing call on KC.

I still have faith Andy Reid would have f’d up the challenge.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Loved Bill showing the ref the should have been called offensive pass interference then chucking the surface.

Nantz and Romo embarrassed themselves yesterday. I’m scared to look who has the Super Bowl because Michaels and Collinsworth are even worse. It’s a sad world when I find Buck the least offensive.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

On the roughing the passer I thought it was clear that Brady’s face mask moved from the head in angle.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

On the roughing the passer I thought it was clear that Brady’s face mask moved from the head in angle.

Slightly. Still a bad call.

Greek Freak
    Participant

Any season ticket holders get to lucky in the ticket “lottery”?   Nothing here.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Any season ticket holders get to lucky in the ticket “lottery”? Nothing here.

How do you tell?

jforb
    Participant

It was on the follow through, not the initial swipe. And it was pretty blatant, especially if it came from the official behind the play.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Barely grazed the facemask. I’d hate it if the same call went against us.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Any season ticket holders get to lucky in the ticket “lottery”? Nothing here.

Now 0-9.

BrianInLA
    Participant

HUGE Pats fan Bill Simmons is waxing poetic on his podcast (after all season saying how bad this Pats team was while peeing his shoes) and disputing the graphic that they showed at one point saying the Pats were 2-0 in OT as the OT started last night (now 3-0). He was 100% sure that graphic was wrong and couldn’t think of the second instance of an OT playoff game that the Pats were involved in. He kept mentioning the obvious Super Bowl but that was it. On top of that he starts talking about Adam kicking in the “Snow Game” and how clutch he was but even this doesn’t trigger what could possibly be the 2nd OT game that they were referencing on that graphic. I contend that any real Pats fan could name both OT games within about 20 seconds of non-alcohol effected thought. But not Bill. Instead the graphic had to be wrong.

Now here is something from our friends at Pearl Jam….

Lefty

Barely grazed the facemask. I’d hate it if the same call went against us.

Awful call, no two ways about it.   Speaks more to the ineptitude of the league and refs than it does to any “pro Brady” bullshit.

Have to believe penalties will be able to be challenged next year.

Lefty

Now, the Pats will be picking either 30th or 31st in the draft, Tony.   That’s just terrible management of draft picks.

You’re right, Mike they could very easily have gone 0-16 and drafted that Kiler Soze guy who is going to dominate this league.

I wouldn’t go that far, Tony.

6 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

They threw a pick from the 1 yard line. The went for it on 4th and 1 and failed with a terrible play call. They didn’t go for it on 4th and short and did that clusterfuck punt switch and the ref stood over the ball and prevented them from hiking it and they got a delay even though KC had 12 guys on the field. They gave up 31 points in the 2nd half. They had the expected PI calls go against them at the worst times and then not called when KC ran the most obvious pick play in history that looked like it wiped out 3 Pats players at once.

And won.

jforb
    Participant

Worst 7 minutes of Brady’s life: the end of LII, XLVI, XLII, or
    “I sat with Tom Brady at his locker for seven minutes after the Patriots’ 37-31 AFC Championship Game victory”?

7 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

They never showed a replay of the coverage on that play; in real time PI seemed like a definite possibility.    That would have been roughly the same amount of gain.   And, yes, roughing the passer was definitely more bad call than good.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Humphrey.

Feejis
    Participant

They threw a pick from the 1 yard line. The went for it on 4th and 1 and failed with a terrible play call. They didn’t go for it on 4th and short and did that clusterfuck punt switch and the ref stood over the ball and prevented them from hiking it and they got a delay even though KC had 12 guys on the field. They gave up 31 points in the 2nd half. They had the expected PI calls go against them at the worst times and then not called when KC ran the most obvious pick play in history that looked like it wiped out 3 Pats players at once.

And won.

The delay of game call made sense because the Pats subbed so late in the play clock. Ref had to let KC sub.

Flowers hit to Mahomes head was more obvious than the Jones one.

Still, bad calls abound in both games. Sad.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar