Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/14-01/20/2019 Championship Week Thread

This topic contains 194 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 3 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 195 total)
  • Author

Three coaches who’ve been in Super Bowls (Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, Sean Payton) and a fourth, Sean McVay, who just might go to four of them.

Why four?

So in Fatty mentality, it’s too early and too bold to put him in Belichick territory, but safe to put him up there with Noll, Levy and Grant. All before McVay has even been to one. Such facile analysis. Or he’s just pulling a number out of his ass.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

No one cares about Kliff Kingsbury. Not a soul. Not even the diehard USC fans that I work with as it was met with basically a shrug and “so what?” Plaschke is a west coast Shank in that he makes more money and appearances by stirring up crap that no one cares about. He was all set to turn on the Rams and McVay if they lost this weekend but now has to save it for at least a week.

I did read that article. It’s pretty clear that the people running USC’s athletic program (currently Lynn Swann) are clueless. They’ve never recovered fully from the Pete Carroll “I know nothing” era. As far as KK goes, I agree, who gives a shit”.

Participant

Jeezus, Schottenheimer asked the media for advice?

“Boys,” Schottenheimer said, his voice soft and earnest, “put your notebooks away.”

We did that. He certainly had our attention. What did this mean? Was he resigning? Firing a coordinator? Ripping his quarterback? Shredding a referee?

“I have a simple question,” Schottenheimer said, and he looked all of us in the eye. “What the hell am I doing wrong? How can I fix it?”

Humphrey
    Participant

Comeback player: J.J. Watt, Houston. No argument with Andrew Luck, at all. Just thought Watt went through a little more to get back to playing great football, after being hit with two different career-threatening injuries the last two years, and fighting injuries throughout 2015 to just survive that season. This was a great comeback year for Watt.

As opposed to what Luck went through?

My bad, thought he was talking about Watson coming back. Even worse, friggin Watt again? Who disappeared in that Colts game!

• This reply was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by  Humphrey.

NASCL
    Participant

Some guy on Twitter gave the TWL crap about forecast.  Talk about White Knights pouring out of the woodwork.   :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Comeback player: J.J. Watt, Houston. No argument with Andrew Luck, at all. Just thought Watt went through a little more to get back to playing great football, after being hit with two different career-threatening injuries the last two years, and fighting injuries throughout 2015 to just survive that season. This was a great comeback year for Watt.

As opposed to what Luck went through?

I guess we now know that Watt talks to Peter more or is friendlier when he does than Luck.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Given his dismal performance, I get the sense Elway is hanging around mostly due to the mess in the ownership situation. Lebron, any thoughts?

Lebron
    Participant

The Eagles dug a huge hole for themselves, but they did all the right things to try to get out of it.

Sometimes, as we saw Sunday, the other team is just better. The home field helps too.

They dug a huge hole for themselves by taking a 2 touchdown lead?  And what did home field have to do with anything in that game?

Lebron
    Participant

Pete asks Brees what he’s going to do Tuesday because it’s his birthday.  Well we have the NFC Championship Game on Sunday but fuck that I’m gonna be balls deep in a bunch of hookers and cocaine.

Lebron
    Participant

Also called referred to the Eagles being on a ‘mini Super Bowl run.’  So were all 8 teams playing this weekend on a ‘mini run’ and are the 4 remaining on a full blown run?

Lebron
    Participant

What a fucking asshole

I asked Kingsbury if there’s anything he thinks people should know about him after this stretch of a hire by the Cards. “No, I think I’m good,’’ he said.

Imagine Pete asking you a question and basically saying you’re unqualified.  I hope Kingsbury goes 9-7 or 10-6.  Sanctimonious dickface.

The whole paragraph on Kingsbury is despicable.  Not apologizing for his past.  What past?  His teams at Texas Tech were consistent bottom feeders on defense.  Bottom feeders?  Like they ate garbage and scraps?  What the fuck?  Then of course he ‘jilted’ USC

• This reply was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by  Lebron.
    4 users thanked author for this post.

The Eagles dug a huge hole for themselves, but they did all the right things to try to get out of it.

Sometimes, as we saw Sunday, the other team is just better. The home field helps too.

They dug a huge hole for themselves by taking a 2 touchdown lead? And what did home field have to do with anything in that game?

I thought Pete meant their early season record by “huge hole”. But yeah, clear as mud.

BrianInLA
    Participant

They dug a huge hole for themselves by taking a 2 touchdown lead? And what did home field have to do with anything in that game?

Up 14 and driving for a 3 score lead before Big Dick Nick turned back into a pumpkin. He has a lot of Jumpball Joe in him and hoping his receivers make some circus catches. That first int was just bad and turned the whole game around.

BrianInLA
    Participant

If Fatty meant the season then why not say the same thing about Dallas as they were both 3-5 at one point? I guess they didn’t do all the right things.

Lebron
    Participant

I thought Pete meant their early season record by “huge hole”. But yeah, clear as mud.

Probably right, I can’t read the whole column due to its infuriating awfulness so I likely missed the context.

Lebron
    Participant

o. Pay Dak Prescott, Jerry.

What?  Why?

Lebron
    Participant

To me, A’s GM Billy Beane has to look Murray in the eye and find out what he wants.

What a god damn creep

5 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

If Jeffrey Dahmer greeted Peter King with a firm handshake and a look in the eye……………….

Light and fresh and slightly citrusy.

If any beer is looking for Fatty’s signoff, they should just copy and paste this into the description.

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

To me, A’s GM Billy Beane has to look Murray in the eye and find out what he wants.

What a god damn creep

The important thing is that to look him in the eye, he first has to get him in a room.

Big Fat O
    Participant

According to Fatty the only thing that matters is winning so why does everyone give so much shit to BB and the Pats if that’s all that counts?

Coma
    Participant

According to Fatty the only thing that matters is winning so why does everyone give so much shit to BB and the Pats if that’s all that counts?

I think all true sports fans understand that when PK says “winning” he means “winning the right way.”

Claude45
    Participant

Three coaches who’ve been in Super Bowls (Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, Sean Payton) and a fourth, Sean McVay, who just might go to four of them.

Why four?

Because he’s the fourth coach. Try and keep up. :pk:

Or he may go to 0 or 12 or 8 or 1 or 15 or 9 or 18 or 11 or 20 or 2 or 7 or 17 or 5.

More Fatty, recounting what he wrote back at the first Pats/ Chiefs game:

I almost couldn’t tell they lost. That’s because the young phenom, Patrick Mahomes, left 14 points on the field in the first half, overthrowing what would have been two touchdown passes as the Patriots jumped out to a 24-9 halftime lead. ‘The 40 we got could have been in the fifties if we executed better,’ tackle Mitchell Schwartzsaid. This is what the Chiefs must have been thinking:Our guy, maybe the MVP, was just okay in the first half, and we still scored 40, and it took a 65-yard drive by the GOAT for the Patriots to survive. We’ll be fine.

It’s always the “what should’ve  happened” and never the “what actually happened” with these guys.

What about the points the Patriots left on the field? What about the mistakes made that led to KC scores, like Brady’s fumble? If scores left on the field were expected plays unachieved, shouldn’t unexpected plays from which they did score offset that? In other words, at the same time you’re expecting to get those “left on the field” scores in the next meeting, you can’t expect strip sacks to occur again, right?

Only in Pete’s brain do these things all happen in a vacuum. Just mind-numbing that he’s paid to opine on this shit.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Kid Gas had a great one on Saturday. He said it would be better for Brady to lose to the Chargers than to lose the AFC Championship game since he’s 8-5 in the championship game.

So Brady has/will play in 70% of the championship games in the past 20 years. The sheer dominance of this team goes right over the heads of the media and big fans.

There must be a different standard with baseball, because Bobby Cox was held in high regard when he was running the Braves. All those first place finishes, all that talent and he could only manage one world series win. I don’t recall anyone saying it would be better if he lost in the NLDS so he wouldn’t lost a championship or world series.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar