Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/14-01/20/2019 Championship Week Thread

This topic contains 318 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 319 total)
  • Author

Claude45
    Participant

“Receivers were running wide open all over the field!” Always one sided.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Long range forecast for KC:

Fri Rain and Snow
    Sat Snow Showers High 23 Low -3
    Sun Clear High 15 Low 6

Supposed to be a heated surface.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

You won the national championship. Here’s the President….have a Whopper   :blink:

Coma
    Participant

A couple of items from twitter yesterday:

Judy Battista

The entire structure of the NFL is designed to thwart the kind of dominance the Patriots have made routine. Eight consecutive conference championship games is crazy.

I guess Judy forgets she helped the “structure of the NFL” try to derail the Patriots success by participating in the disinformation campaign that led to sanctions against the team.

Ken Laird

So much for the motivation to play for Mebane

Laird deleted this tweet and subsequently said they had talked about Mebane’s situation last week as a motivating factor. People also defended Laird, saying if you listened to the show, you knew how he intended for the comment to be received. I didn’t listen to show, so maybe they said that the death of Mebane’s daughter was tragic and that her dad might be a destructive force on Sunday. I definitely don’t see the need to take a victory lap because Mebane didn’t have a big game. That’s the act of a terrible person.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Coma.
    5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Gase looked like one of those Jets fans when they announce draft picks at his intro presser.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Fri Rain and Snow

Sun Clear High 15 Low 6

Best-case scenario (refs test balls at 68°, inflate/deflate to 12.5 PSIG), per IGL, balls will be 9.77 PSIG. Lower if initial temp higher or initial PSIG lower. If Pats get an INT in the first half, they should notify Vincent that the KC balls feel low. Because they will be.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

Well, that Jets press conference isn’t going to help put the tomato can storyline to bed.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Danny Woodhead () on ever picking against the Patriots: “I have a hard time picking against the greatest QB ever and the greatest coach ever. It’d be like going to a bonfire and saying instead of roasting marshmallows let’s roast our hands.”

Claude45
    Participant

What an asshole Bedard. “I can’t be wrong because I can change anytime after more film study.” Go away all ready.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“…many more days to look at film.”

Oh, fuck off.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Murray entering the NFL draft, apparently has 3 days to back out.  I’m sure Bert was hearing this all along

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Fri Rain and Snow

Sun Clear High 15 Low 6

Best-case scenario (refs test balls at 68°, inflate/deflate to 12.5 PSIG), per IGL, balls will be 9.77 PSIG. Lower if initial temp higher or initial PSIG lower. If Pats get an INT in the first half, they should notify Vincent that the KC balls feel low. Because they will be.

That’s not right. Doesn’t even pass the sniff test. It would be in above 11.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Coma
    Participant

What an asshole Bedard. “I can’t be wrong because I can change anytime after more film study.” Go away all ready.

Why didn’t AAC say, on Tuesday, that he still needed to look at film <cough>bullshit<cough> and not declare that the Chargers were superior in all phases of the game? Oh, that’s right. Being neutral or positive about the local teams doesn’t help the ratings. Only takez are permitted.

You’re right (and wrong). I made one mistake in entering variables: high legal limit is 13.5 PSIG. So ball measured at 13.5 PSIG at 68°, then brought out to 15°, would eventually reduce in internal pressure to 10.67 PSIG. If KC balls were on low limit (12.5 PSIG), then they’d revert to 9.77 PSIG outdoors.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

You’re right (and wrong). I made one mistake in entering variables: high legal limit is 13.5 PSIG. So ball measured at 13.5 PSIG at 68°, then brought out to 15°, would eventually reduce in internal pressure to 10.67 PSIG. If KC balls were on low limit (12.5 PSIG), then they’d revert to 9.77 PSIG outdoors.

What scale are you using for temp?

My agenda is truth.

Ironhead
    Participant

I hate him so, so much.

8 users thanked author for this post.

Here’s the calculator I’m using. ITT found this way back.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Nope I was wrong.

My agenda is truth.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Nope I was wrong.

Something no media member has ever said. About anything.

jforb
    Participant

Nope I was wrong.

You should have spent another 5 days reviewing before stating changing your opinion.

Nope I was wrong.

No. You had more days to review the film.

Humphrey
    Participant

A couple of items from twitter yesterday:

Judy Battista

The entire structure of the NFL is designed to thwart the kind of dominance the Patriots have made routine. Eight consecutive conference championship games is crazy.

I guess Judy forgets she helped the “structure of the NFL” try to derail the Patriots success by participating in the disinformation campaign that led to sanctions against the team.

Ken Laird

So much for the motivation to play for Mebane

Laird deleted this tweet and subsequently said they had talked about Mebane’s situation last week as a motivating factor. People also defended Laird, saying if you listened to the show, you knew how he intended for the comment to be received. I didn’t listen to show, so maybe they said that the death of Mebane’s daughter was tragic and that her dad might be a destructive force on Sunday. I definitely don’t see the need to take a victory lap because Mebane didn’t have a big game. That’s the act of a terrible person.

I’m surprised no one has said that having the moment of silence at Gillette was some kind of Ernie Adams/BB reverse psychological ploy.

Humphrey
    Participant

Was his demeanor at the presser inspired by Chuck Schumer?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar