Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/14-01/20/2019 Championship Week Thread

This topic contains 318 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 319 total)
  • Author

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Man, that is some good, old-fashioned information in  :ph34r:

The kind of info that would really make you want to come back to the site as a member and share memories of the past and c’mon back Scott@PD

1 user thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Our appeal has become more selective.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

The guy who bagged himself a 9/11 widow has Gregg Williams as the new Jets DC

The guy who bagged himself a 9/11 widow and wrote a book about it is a fucking keeper.

Granted they’re all dumb yelling shows but whenever that guy is on with Golic and Wingo in the morning he looks and sounds like he’d rather be anywhere else.  No fucking way is he getting calls/texts related to the NFL during his appearances either.  Guy is constantly playing with his phone to look important but he’s probably texting the wife or whatever.  He’s upped his douchebag game exponentially over the years.

Lebron
    Participant

Carol Channing was still alive?  Come the hell on.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

Don’t forget Vince was a NY guy and well connected in the media there. In addition to his outstanding record, another reason why he’s so revered.

Lombardi has a great and deserved reputation. But the deification is ridiculous, and (surprise) Francesa’s an idiot.

He happened to be the coach of the current dominant team at exactly the time the two Leagues merged and the Super Bowl was invented. Doesn’t make him the greatest ever. Lambeau and Halas have more titles, Paul Brown was more influential, many including Landry coached longer at a high level. Belichick has just as many championships in a more challenging environment.

To me Lombardi’s claim to fame is the 3 in a row.  Probably why I wanted Bill/Brady desperately to get that second 3 out of 4.  Fuck that would have been great.  Lombardi failed in his first try at 3 in a row.

As much as I want them to win Sunday and knowing that I’m saying this now as opposed to next Sunday night but I’m happy at this point such that if they lose I’ll be disappointed but also feel great about that ass kicking in the face of impending doom against the Chargers and know that they’re going to leave it all out on the field on Sunday night.  They’re playing great right now and if they get beat, it won’t be for lack of trying.  And barring some kind of catastrophe, we’ll be right back here again next year.  Fuckin’ A.

BrianInLA
    Participant

John Wetteland sexually assaulted a 4 year old? That’s not good.

More and more I’m liking the Pats chances this weekend. I think the cold helps them and they can run for 200 yards and make Mahomes throw in the cold with his tiny hands. He has a lot of Favre in him making some crazy scrambles and very lucky throws into triple coverage. Law of averages comes due and he throws 4 picks ala Peyton back in the day in the cold.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Carol Channing was still alive? Come the hell on.

Here’s something I learned yesterday. Jerry Lee Lewis is alive  :ohmy:

I would have sworn on a stack of bibles he died in the 80s.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Also Wetteland is a monster. Burn in hell

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe Wettland can bunk with Chad Curtis

Participant

The Jets are Swaggerlicious again and Gregg Williams is a Buddy Ryan disciple.

Offseason Champs and we haven’t even had the combine yet.

Williams will ruffle feathers. He is a Buddy Ryan disciple. He will make Rex Ryan seem like Casper Milquetoast. He is a renegade long on game-day bellicosity and braggadocio who wants his defense feared.”

He will bring attitude and swagger. The air will be filled with F-bombs.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

That thing that didn’t work last time? This time for sure!

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Looking forward to the next phase, ‘why are they letting Flowers, Brown, Ghost walk?”Why won’t they spend?’.

Humphrey
    Participant

In keeping with the board’s mission, will the NY Post have a headline  “Yankee Diddle Dandy”?

7 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

In keeping with the board’s mission, will the NY Post have a headline “Yankee Diddle Dandy”?

considering what happens to pedos in jail, perhaps  Wetteland Open for Drilling

chicowalker
    Participant

Being thanked for a prison rape joke makes me a bit uncomfortable :ohmy:   :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

In keeping with the board’s mission, will the NY Post have a headline “Yankee Diddle Dandy”?

The Post actually had more information on this sordid story than anyone else. Apparently the guy’s been screwed up for a looong time.

Four years old. WTF. Do the world a favor and just fucking die.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve been banned from a message board, but chiefs planet isn’t even worth it.  Those people make Alabama fans seem level headed

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Post actually had more information on this sordid story than anyone else. Apparently the guy’s been screwed up for a looong time.

Four years old. WTF. Do the world a favor and just fucking die.

So there is a worse person than *** ***** after all.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What an asshole Bedard. “I can’t be wrong because I can change anytime after more film study.” Go away all ready.

What a great moment in the post-game BB presser when he responded to a stoopid Bedard question as if  he (BB) just found something icky on his shoe.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Does a guy with that much hair gel have to bring in his own headset? For sanitary reasons.

Major Intangibles
    Participant
    What a great moment in the post-game BB presser when he responded to a stoopid Bedard question as if he (BB) just found something icky on his shoe.

(Credit to stabbed by foulke.)

Suzy
    Participant
    What a great moment in the post-game BB presser when he responded to a stoopid Bedard question as if he (BB) just found something icky on his shoe.

(Credit to stabbed by foulke.)

That warms my heart so damn much.  :wub:

Didn’t Fatass the Fraud later claim that he and BB hashed it out in the locker room? Yeah, sure you did.  :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Copycat league!  Pats have their own lesbian singer mascot

so singing the national anthem sunday?

:dry:

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar