Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 01/14-01/20/2019 Championship Week Thread

This topic contains 318 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 319 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Didn’t catch the beginning of BB’s presser. Hay in the barn or nah?

He told Curran to let him know when the next game that doesn’t matter occurs.  Not sure of the entire context.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Remembered to slip in the KC radio guys accusing the Patriots/associated scumbags of Foxboro of stealing equipment to my simmering cauldron of hatred.  Mix in a TOUCHDOWN CAN-ZA-CITY! call and it should bring it to a rapid boil.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Didn’t catch the beginning of BB’s presser. Hay in the barn or nah?

He told Curran to let him know when the next game that doesn’t matter occurs. Not sure of the entire context.

https://twitter.com/NBCSPatriots/status/1086320903787446272

Edit: I’m embedding tweets like Bill setting his car clock. Some people don’t know what they’re doing.  :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

The little I heard wasn’t so hayinthebarnish.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Remembered to slip in the KC radio guys accusing the Patriots/associated scumbags of Foxboro of stealing equipment to my simmering cauldron of hatred. Mix in a TOUCHDOWN CAN-ZA-CITY! call and it should bring it to a rapid boil.

I had forgotten about that, as well. I couldn’t find any articles newer than mid-October, when the theft was said to have taken place. Nothing on the radio guy’s twitter, either. You would think there would be some comment out there, either thanking the police and stadium security for returning the stolen equipment and apprehending those responsible or complaining that it’s been 3 months with no progress. It’s almost like it never happened…

From looking at Dan Israel’s twitter, I learned that there’s a Civil War Andrew Luck twitter account for Patrick Mahomes. If anything, it’s even less amusing than the original. 21k followers, though.

Lebron
    Participant

The little I heard wasn’t so hayinthebarnish.

He talked about nervousness before games so yeah I’d agree the subject matter wasn’t conducive to hay in the barn.  Michel had comments about preparedness and how it helps him feel more confident so there’s that.

“The Boston Sports Guy”

Screenplay by

Aaron Sorkin

Any ventures? Chico?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The West End.

TREATMENT: Arnold “Red” Auerbach battles the evil Jeremy Jacobs for the hearts and minds of Boston’s winter sports fans during the 1970s. Starring Alan Arkin (as Auerbach), Roy Scheider James Rebhorn Michael Douglas (as Jacobs), Oliver Platt (as Bill Fitch), Sam Rockwell (as John Y. Brown), Julia Roberts (as Phyllis George), Michael Shannon (as Harry Sinden) and Caleb Landry Jones (as Larry Bird)

3 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I’m already hearing “Number Eight for Sioux City … Number Twelve for Kan-Sass City” in my head.

Participant

Ollie Platt, #OOTG

InThisTown
    Participant

I’ve been listening to Craig and Larry doing errands the last few Saturdays. It’s really remarkable that this exists.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’ve been listening to Craig and Larry doing errands the last few Saturdays. It’s really remarkable that this exists.

It’s only remarkable until you realize they’re in a timeslot where nobody actually cares if anyone’s listening.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Nickles with the Nick-iest hed for his Sunday drivel –

Baseball has taken a turn for the worse in casting aside scouts

I’m afraid to read the actual article.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

And Mittens with the most predictable lede ever:

Old guard vs. new, yesterday vs. tomorrow, aging stars vs. the next wave.

:puke:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Weather models for my local area seem to have more mood swings than Aaron Hernandez.  Bi-polar vortex, amirite?   :blink:   :lol:

jforb
    Participant

It’s only remarkable until you realize they’re in a timeslot where nobody actually cares if anyone’s listening.

Getting paid in sheet cake probably doesn’t hurt either.

chicowalker
    Participant

Currently half way through line in Whole Foods that I believe ends in Attleboro.  :wall:  if I even attempted a sorkin parody at the moment I’d simply start killing those around me until I was subdued or ran out  :ohmy:   :lol:

jforb
    Participant

Florio:

The article focuses on the fact that Flores wants the job and will take the job, contrasting him with McDaniels and, before that, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who used his supposed introductory press conference as head coach of the Jets to quit the job.

When did Belichick interview for and agree to take the Jets job?

6 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Florio:

The article focuses on the fact that Flores wants the job and will take the job, contrasting him with McDaniels and, before that, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who used his supposed introductory press conference as head coach of the Jets to quit the job.

That would be never. But asshole media gonna do their thing.

I was just thinking today that one of the most famous things in football history – the Namath Guarantee – only happened because an athlete was frustrated and finally fed up with the gaping asshole sports media. That was 50 years ago and they certainly haven’t improved. That they’ve gotten worse is obvious.

Coma
    Participant

Florio:

That would be never. But asshole media gonna do their thing.

I was just thinking today that one of the most famous things in football history – the Namath Guarantee – only happened because an athlete was frustrated and finally fed up with the gaping asshole sports media. That was 50 years ago and they certainly haven’t improved. That they’ve gotten worse is obvious.

That’s a great point and I never thought of it that way. There was at least some justification for treating the Jets lightly prior to SBIII. The AFL was looked at as the inferior league and the first 2 Super Bowls were blow out wins by the original NFL teams.

If you brought the media from the late 60s to today, they’d be confused why the media goes out of their way to criticize the best team/player/coach/dynasty of this era. Then someone would inform them of how hottakez work and they’d be saying things like “Tom Brady wouldn’t even be the third string QB on the ’66 Packers!” in short order.

Participant

How can you call it complete storm team coverage with no TWL or TWL understudy?

2 dudes? (NTTAWWT!)

Get your house in order Men of Lavanchy.

Humphrey
    Participant

If it’s anything like it is now in Metro West at 6PM it would have been the worst weather game in Pats history had the game been in Foxborough.

Wonder if the way they heat that field it would have stood up to this crap.   It’s raining ice!

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Jeff Howe’s piece on the Krafts buying the Pats is a good read.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Todd Gurley a no-show in the biggest game of his NFL career. Shades of Tomlinson in ‘07

BrianInLA
    Participant

I have a very unhealthy hatred for many members of this Rams team for no real good reason.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar