Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/03-02/09/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

The celebration around the life of Kobe Bryant followed by the celebration of the Chiefs winning is a bad week for decent people.  Granted I’m older now and care about different shit than I used to but I like to think ignoring the abuse of women and children while ‘celebrating’ and doling out bullshit like ‘girl dad’ and ‘good for Andy Drug Emporium Reid’ is just generally shitty.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Lynchie gave the ‘Niners the Arthur Blank.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

I still can’t believe they got run over like that in the final 7 or so minutes.  Up by 10, defense supposedly your strength, and you ole 3 straight TD drives.  I’m not a big ‘you can’t take a sack!’ person because that makes it seem like a choice when it’s not but the sack on 4th down was bad.

I caught about 15 or so plays total, my younger kid was more interested in the Puppy Bowl and that seemed like the right call.  Also ran some errands and drove/picked up my older kid from a friend’s house.

One play I caught was the end of the first half OPI call on Kittle.  As fat ass Bedard loved to say when no DPI was called on a Gronk mugging, that seemed like a bit of hand fighting and no real advantage was gained, and if anything Kittle had his jersey grabbed earlier in the route with no call. Garbage league.

jforb
    Participant

Is he still working for the Vegas paper? Isn’t this something that should appear there?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

At least we will not be forced to endure an entire off-season hearing about how the Pats should have traded Brady instead of Garopolo.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Hmmm … WordPress may have devoured another insightful post of mine. :dry: :rollseyes:

Anyway, it’s interesting to note that the AFC (including the AFL) has drawn even with the NFC (and the NFL through 1969) after 54 Soupeys, with 27 apiece. NFC, of course, had won 13 Soupeys in a row at one point.

Pats 6, PEDS 6, Perps (Oakland/LA edition) 3, Ponies  (Denver edition) 3, Ponies (Indy/Balto edition) 2, Perps (KC edition) 2, Poes 2, Phish 2, Planes 1.

EDIT: Not sure how we differentiated the two equine-named teams and I don’t recall any cool handle for the Chiefs at the time.

Lebron
    Participant

I went to the Review Journal’s website and couldn’t find anything from Bedard, clicked on all of the articles that I could see not attributed to a particular writer.  How can he be the guy covering the NFL for them and he has zero about the actual Super Bowl?  I must have missed it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The celebration around the life of Kobe Bryant followed by the celebration of the Chiefs winning is a bad week for decent people. Granted I’m older now and care about different shit than I used to but I like to think ignoring the abuse of women and children while ‘celebrating’ and doling out bullshit like ‘girl dad’ and ‘good for Andy Drug Emporium Reid’ is just generally shitty.

It just once again proves that there is no god.

Lebron
    Participant

Per @ESPNStatsInfo, Kyle Shanahan has now been a coach on the two Super Bowl teams with the highest win probability … that ended up losing the game.

Falcons 99.7% (vs. Patriots in SB LI)

49ers 96.1% (vs. Chiefs in SB LIV)

That sounds bad.  Was it really a slightly less than 4% chance for the Chiefs down 10 with the ball and 7+ minutes to go with 3 timeouts?  I assume yes just doesn’t seem like it was that dire.  Assuming that factors in stuff like Mahomes hacking up the ball as easily as he was and general futility for over 20 minutes.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I saw somewhere online (538 perhaps) that it was north of 90% when SF got the INT up 10 in the 4th. Vegas only had KC +165 or so at that point though which is sort of funny. The play calling in the 4th was just insanely bad. Its just amazing year after year seeing these coaches crap all over themselves in high stress situations. You’re averaging a bit over 7 yards a carry, you get the ball back up 10 and your only goal now is to kill the clock. So naturally put the ball in Jimmy’s hands 67% of the time the rest of the way. :blink:

Lebron
    Participant

It was weird in general, tied at 10 with a minute plus I think and all 3 timeouts, and you burn 40 seconds until you take a shot?  And they only took a shot because the Chiefs called timeout and they had to try to get a first down.  Still remember the Seahawks putting together a drive with 36 seconds left, drove 80 yards, to end the first half.  I mean what the fuck, you don’t try and take a shot?  Not sure if they were thinking if we get a good run on first down then we’ll go, otherwise we sit.  The Seahawks got a 20 yard run to start their drive and they might have thought then well fuck it might as well go now.  But still, the rolling over part made no sense.

In the second half I think they were just too scared to run, like they were going to end up in a 3rd and long and didn’t like their chances or something.  No clue why they felt that way.  I think in 51, the Falcons just wanted to put it away and kept throwing, which is odd but again if you’re having success I guess you stick with it.  Super Bowl makes people do weird shit.

Humphrey
    Participant

One thing that was mentioned that SF didn’t and I agree with, is duplicating the delay-of-game/false start 75 second burn that happened in the Pats game.

In that case, the Titans started from the 45 or 50…so the punt came from their own 40-45.

Yesterday, the punt came from the 37 and was fair caught at the 17. Assuming the exact same result, KC ball at the 27. Even a modest 5-10 yard return would have resulted in excellent field position.

Lebron
    Participant

Interesting point by Rusillo/Chris Long in how everyone who shit on Andy Reid, and rightfully so for all of his terrible coaching over the years, are now all “I’m so happy for Andy Reid, always was a great coach!”  Meanwhile these same people are now shitting all over Kyle Shanahan, for 3 years ago and now this, and how that may eventually turn in to the same where everyone will then claim to be happy for him if he wins.

Reid’s list of monster fuck ups still far outweigh him winning yesterday overall.  Also Shanahan, while he was the offensive coordinator, was not the head coach in Atlanta, and he’s the guy that always gets the blame for that game.  Somehow Quinn skates on that game and a big part of their problem was that they were completely gassed and weren’t ready for what hit them.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

This Iowa Caucus fuckup was eerily similar to an episode of Mary Tyler Moore.

Lebron
    Participant

Listening to Chris Long’s podcast last week where he sits with Patricia.  Good stuff.  Patricia and Long both comment on how Bill is one of the only coaches who gets right to it on Monday with the entire team regard to going over the previous game and then getting ready for the next game.  Both talked about how Bill can go in to any position meeting and he knows it better than the position coaches/coordinators, then they both say ‘except for Scar’ and then they both talk about how great he is.  Didn’t know Patricia worked for 2 season on the offensive side, but Josh worked on the defensive side to start so keeps with Bill’s MO of moving guys to different sides of the ball and seeing where they work best.  Long had some rough times with Patriots for sure, namely he wanted to play more, but you can tell he respects the hell out of Bill and the organization as well as the end result of his lone season.

Lebron
    Participant

They still haven’t hired a manager, right?

jforb
    Participant

Just got confused looking at someone’s twitter and saw pictures of good-looking food. Then noticed she’s on vacation in Italy.

Humphrey
    Participant

Just got confused looking at someone’s twitter and saw pictures of good-looking food. Then noticed she’s on vacation in Italy.

How is someone’s ristorante doing these days?

Humphrey
    Participant

Someone posted this on SOSH: “The newsroom at LVRJ confirmed today that Bedard no longer works there. 3 months. Not a good look.” Consistent with what was posted above.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

I miss the Red Brigade Danny.

Lefty

So, here’s a random thought for a Bruins trade acquisition.   How about bringing back Marcus Johansson from Buffalo.   Skated well in the system here.  His cap hit for the rest of this year is 1.4M  so the Bruins have the space.  He is signed for next year at 4.5M which isn’t terrible.   Buffalo flat out blows, can’t imagine they would be unreasonable.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Fuck WordPress. I’ve lost two posts in a row.  WordPress is a worse thing than Peter King, Jets’ Fandom, and all the *** *****s laid end to end for eternity.

:ozzy: :ozzy: :ozzy:

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Betts and Price look to be being moved tonight. Don’t worry, ticket prices will still go up.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

And they are paying to include Price?!?

jforb
    Participant

Really hope Price fails the physical.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar