Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/03-02/09/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Henry & Co. shouldn’t be anywhere near the field on opening day. Boooooooo.

Lefty

Henry & Co. shouldn’t be anywhere near the field on opening day. Boooooooo.

They’ll use Big Papi as a human shield.   He has both literal and figurative experience.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Nick B
    Participant

Red Sox doing Red Sox things. Announcing a trade during the State of the Union hoping it flies under the radar. :wag:

2 users thanked author for this post.

:dry:

Well, I tried to tell you I wasn’t really going anywhere and you never know what might happen in this business …

… I’m back, baby, and I couldn’t be more excited.

Can’t really get into the hows and whys at this time, but they’ll become pretty evident in short order.

We have big plans and a big announcement coming soon that will explain a lot, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I’ll keep doing exactly what I have been doing … giving you the first-rate, unbiased Patriots coverage you come to expect around here. With much more on the way.

NASCL
    Participant

At one point in my life I would have given a shyt about the Betts trade.  Barely touches my radar now.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Didn’t Bedard claim he was going to still do BSJ as well as the Vegas gig when initially hired?

RedSeat
    Participant

It’s probably like when Michael Scott left to interview at corporate. Said his goodbye’s, sold his condo…then actually went for the job interview.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Doesn’t even mention it in his bio
    Founder, editorial director http://bostonsportsjournal.com. Father, husband, Rutgers grad. Formerly: SI, Boston Globe, Milwaukee JS, PB Post.

Lebron
    Participant

Some sucker probably gave him a cash infusion.  John Henry most likely.

Coma
    Participant

The Las Vegas Review Journal people have got to be thinking that they got almost as much production out of Don Banks as they did Bedard.

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Las Vegas Review Journal people have got to be thinking that they got almost as much production out of Don Banks as they did Bedard.

They clearly hated him.

Lebron
    Participant

Spotify buys The Ringer.  Bedard gets a cash infusion.  Shit ain’t right.

Coma
    Participant

Borges tweeted this a few days ago:

Here’s a weird fact. Rams’ team that won only 1 SB (by an inch btw) and lost to Pats in 2001 now has 5 players off it in the Hall while NE dynasty that won 3 SBs in 4 years has only one., Ty Law. #baffled

This would be a good point, except that Ron is the guy who’s supposed to be getting these New England players into the HOF. It’s not baffling, it’s Ron being bad at his job. When it’s a close call, like Seymour this year, maybe his fellow voters listened to Ron make his case and thought “He makes some good points, but he has also shit on these Patriots teams every other time I listen to him. I’m going with the guy from the Steelers.”

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Worth noting that the Pats dynasty has 3 players either still active or too recently retired to be eligible too.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Spotify buys The Ringer. Bedard gets a cash infusion. Shit ain’t right.

Again…there is no god. :ozzy: If Simmons got close to the rumored $200 million I may off myself. I mean, good for him and all. But damn.

Lebron
    Participant

Heck if he gets half of that he makes out like a bandit.  I think Spotify said something like they want to make it the “new ESPN.”  Christ why would you want that, they keep losing money and subs.  I also saw they’ve blown a good chunk of change on their last 3 acquisitions so I can see them giving Bill his $200 mil.

Lebron
    Participant

Excuse me Ron, you want me to vote for a guy you ridiculed when they drafted him?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Two questions:

• Does the Herald still exist? Really?
    • Does Borges write for it?

He, CHB and their ilk — not to mention the Fellowship of the Miserable (our own Miz notwithstanding) — must be over the moon that the loss of Betts (and the possible for Drac0nian punishment of the Red Sox for “electronic sign-stealing”) and the potential departure of Brady may bring Boston back to Losersville status.

Guess what, boys? The success of Boston teams has been sustaining your miserable lives for the past 18 years while traditional media has shriveled up and died. Your lack of talent + the Fall of the Patriots and Red Sox = The End of Your Miserable Careers.  Shank is 66; Borges is probably older. Retire or … nah, even that is too mean for me to say.

Participant

Think Bloom knew what he was getting into here?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by 02062.

Excuse me Ron, you want me to vote for a guy you ridiculed when they drafted him?

He should have started his speech by reading that. Then copping to his idiocy. Would have lent more credence to his presentation.

Ed Bouchette talking about some alleged “anti-Steeler bias” for the HOF. You fucking kidding me?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Well, at least ownership explained everything in a letter to season ticket holders today.

Oh, wait, no they didn’t.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Well, at least ownership explained everything in a letter to season ticket holders today.

Oh, wait, no they didn’t.

I got a call from the ticket office today asking if I was interested in season tickets. What a day to be told to make those calls. Informed the young woman I would be spending my money on Celtics and Patriots moving forward.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s hazing.

Lebron
    Participant

So the pitcher in the deal has questionable medicals and the outfielder stood by while a beating/sexual assault was committed on a teenaged girl by a former teammate, and also had a back injury.  So good!  So good!

Lebron
    Participant

Phone call reminds me of when I moved to Colorado 25 years ago and it was a 2 paper town, so I called one and asked ‘do you guys run Calvin & Hobbes’ and the girl on the line laughed and said ‘no, but that’s the most common question we get.’  So went with the other paper.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar