Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/04/2019 – 02/10/2018 Championship Week, Parade Week

This topic contains 271 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 272 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Never gets old.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Armageddon for the haters.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

My assumption is the talk will be that the offense sucked with little to no credit for an impressive defense against mastermind McVay and the next best offense after Mahomes. With no remembrance of how stacked the Rams were on D. All night long it felt like one TD would do it, and of course it came in the 4th.

I think Jules is right, with that forecast tomorrow it is going to be insane.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

My assumption is the talk will be that the offense sucked with little to no credit for an impressive defense against mastermind McVay and the next best offense after Mahomes.

The other thing was hearing for 2 weeks how difficult Wade Phillips was going to be against the Pats O, and then when it happens as predicted, never mention that guy’s name and just say the O sucked.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

My assumption is the talk will be that the offense sucked with little to no credit for an impressive defense against mastermind McVay and the next best offense after Mahomes.

The other thing was hearing for 2 weeks how difficult Wade Phillips was going to be against the Pats O, and then when it happens as predicted, never mention that guy’s name and just say the O sucked.

Otherwise a Mike Felger Special.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

Today may be the day that Felger actually cries on air. He was very close after the KC win, this win may have pushed him over the top.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

As no one directly gave a big Fuck You to Tomato Can Man, Felgie, Mazz, Madam Jones, Coach Betard and several others, let me take this opportunity to do so.

And well over 100 wins and 3 Lombardis since Dark Days was written.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Humphrey.

jforb
    Participant

Coma
    Participant

Chico said this last night, and I think he’s right: That was arguably the best defensive performance in SB history. Consider the way the rules now favor the offense, all the talent the Rams have on that side of the ball and the lack of namez on the Patriots defense. This wasn’t holding a Nathan Peterman led team to a FG, it was shutting down the #2 offense in the league.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I mentioned earlier in the season that Goff’s mannerisms reminded me of Manning’s. Seeing Goff after that INT brought me back to the early 2000s of a dejected / frustrated Manning.

And Gurley definitely isn’t a foxhole guy.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

“In fact, many of the remaining members of the national media are happy today because fucking 80 percent of them root for this team.”

At least the Golden State Warriors are likable people.”

Sure thing Magary

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  02062.

Lebron
    Participant

A lot of haranguing from the lesser Hasselbeck about missed throws from Goff.

Seems like the Patriots were fine letting Cooks get whatever he was going to get.  Maybe it was from experience having him on the team, not to sound like Mazz but it sure as shit didn’t feel like he had 120 or whatever it was.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

A lot of haranguing from the lesser Hasselbeck about missed throws from Goff.

Seems like the Patriots were fine letting Cooks get whatever he was going to get. Maybe it was from experience having him on the team, not to sound like Mazz but it sure as shit didn’t feel like he had 120 or whatever it was.

Two contested balls Cooks didn’t get that would have been TDs.  Definitely not easy plays but some guys make at least one of them.  I bet Gordon gets one.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Did the entire membership of The Gang Green have aneurysms last night when they saw Namath hand the Lombardi to the Patriots? (Wasn’t he the last one in line, or was it Emmitt Smith?)  I also thought, as that Namath thing was going on, that the Pats players probably wondered who that sketchy-looking old man carrying the trophy was …

:lol:

Lebron
    Participant

That was somewhat of the knock on him here, namely that he didn’t fight for the ball.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I don’t understand why it’s not ex-Pats bringing up the trophy. It was nice to see Namuth but it should be the winning teams players bringing it up.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

That was somewhat of the knock on him here, namely that he didn’t fight for the ball.

Nothing he could do on the McCourty play since he was right on the endline and the throw was way late. I think he should’ve caught the one where Harmon hit him but was still a tough catch.

jforb
    Participant

Gilmore’s little bit of hand checking made that a really tough one to hold on to.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I don’t understand why it’s not ex-Pats bringing up the trophy. It was nice to see Namuth but it should be the winning teams players bringing it up.

It’s planned ahead of time so Emmitt Smith and Namath do it no matter who wins. If the Rams had won, I assume it wouldn’t have been Wilfork to start it off, but someone else. Smith because he won SB MVP in Atlanta, and Namath because its SB3’s 50th.

Lebron
    Participant

Same thing happened in Atlanta with Willie starting it, then handing it to Strahan who brought it up.  Why not do it in reverse since the won?

I’m not going to look but I feel like an ex Patriot was involved in the trophy walk up in 42.  Or maybe that was just Tippett getting elected the day before.

Lebron
    Participant

The should have had Terrell Davis do a walk up in honor of his Gold Club patronage.  Maybe get Patrick Ewing involved.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

An underrated fantastic part of these two weeks was the complete mandated silence of Marshall Faulk, ending in a Super Bowl win. Glorious.

8 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Who’s the woman that hosted the postgame with Deion and Tomlinson? She kept trying to argue hot takes by telling Deion he was wrong. Lady, he’s a Hall of Famer with how many rings and you’re….not. STFU.

Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of postgames the CBS postgame was a disjointed shitshow.  Commercials seemingly every 2 minutes in between MVP debates when the MVP had already been announced on NFLN at least. Both NFLN and ESPN did a much better job of keeping a decent flow and getting interviews.  CBS seemed more interested in getting to the fat Brit who is supposed to be funny and his new show.

I see Bill did another interview with Berman but I haven’t seen it.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m still left with the abiding impression that that’s the most pressure I can remember a NE defense putting on an opposing QB.  Just relentless.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar