Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/04/2019 – 02/10/2018 Championship Week, Parade Week

This topic contains 271 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 251 through 272 (of 272 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

So Brendan Daly, the D-line coach, is leaving for Andy Reid’s staff. That means that Stephen Belichick is the only defensive assistant coach coming back in 2019. I wasn’t expecting that they would lose Josh Boyer and Daly. In addition to filling their D-line, LB and cornerbacks coaching vacancies (unless Schiano doubles up), they need to replace O’Shea and Schuplinski on their offensive staff.  I know Bill has hungry young guys he’s training up, including his other son, Brian; this will be an interesting challenge for him.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

Bergy’s a wagon bro…..

Humphrey
    Participant

I think the Patriots had something like 6 possessions to make SB 42 a two score game. The biggest one was, IMHO, the one at the start of the second half when they had the ball for 8 minutes and decided not to kick a field goal, losing it on downs.

Lebron
    Participant

I might be misremembering but Gostkowski was supposedly a mess kicking that week and in pregame warmups.  It was something like 4th and 17 and would have been a 50 yarder.

Feejis
    Participant

I’ll probably tune in to some of these AAFL games since there’s nothing else going on.

Bill Polian’s prominent role notwithstanding.

Hacksaw
    Participant

This is the AAFLLLLLLLLLLLL!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

At the 19 minute mark of Turning Point, I noticed that even if Cooks caught that ball J-Mac pushed him out the back of the end zone. He didn’t get his second foot down.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

At the 19 minute mark of Turning Point, I noticed that even if Cooks caught that ball J-Mac pushed him out the back of the end zone. He didn’t get his second foot down.

Yeah, I was all over that a couple days ago. I’m stunned actually that not a single other person has mentioned it.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Salvatore Bellomo died.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Kraft hanging with Magic at Lakers/6ers. Yuck.

Lebron
    Participant

I can’t find that Turning Point on demand anywhere, I might not be doing it right.

jforb
    Participant

Think Mis’s video is the whole thing.

Brian
    Participant

I can’t find that Turning Point on demand anywhere, I might not be doing it right.

Check YouTube. Sometimes you can find it there. I was smart enough to record it the other night.

Lefty

Danton Heinen has Inhereted Daniel Paille’s hands and scoring touch.

Feejis
    Participant

I’ll probably tune in to some of these AAFL games since there’s nothing else going on.

Bill Polian’s prominent role notwithstanding.

Well I was going to during Bruins breaks except the CBS Sports Network is not part of my current cable package.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Kraft hanging with Magic at Lakers/6ers. Yuck.

Krafty Bob is just like Boch were being a billionaire isn’t enough, they want to be loved and famous on top of it.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Some people don’t know what they’re…

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I decided to watch an AAF game because Christian Hackenberg was the starting QB for the Memphis team. Forget about not doing anything in the NFL, how did that guy start for 3 years at Penn State and go 51st overall in the draft? He plays like he was a 2nd or 3rd string QB in college and he only reached that level because he’s related to some big shot in the athletic department.

Regarding the Super Bowl replays, I agree there were several chances in both 42 or 46 for the Patriots to make a play on offense or defense that would have led to a victory. I try to look at it this way: We’re complaining about missed opportunities that would have meant the Patriots would have won their 7th or 8th Super Bowl last Sunday. Imagine being a Bengals fan and being able to point out that, like Asante Samuel, one of their defensive backs had a chance at an INT late in the 4th quarter and dropped it. Then remember that that game was played 30 years ago, that was the last time they were in the Super Bowl and they haven’t come close since then. Watching your team lose a title game sucks, but at least they’ve offset that with a lot of wins.

jforb
    Participant

I decided to watch an AAF game because Christian Hackenberg was the starting QB for the Memphis team. Forget about not doing anything in the NFL, how did that guy start for 3 years at Penn State and go 51st overall in the draft? He plays like he was a 2nd or 3rd string QB in college and he only reached that level because he’s related to some big shot in the athletic department.

The guy that posts Francesca clips posted some ‘highlights’. One of the replies made the good point that the biggest difference between good and bad NFL teams is QB play so expecting a minor league to have decent qbs is a mistake.

Lefty

That Jets stank is harder to wash off than a dog sprayed by a whole woods full of skunks.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Lefty.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

The Bob Costas pity party is something.

I’m sure he returned all that money he made covering the NFL all those years.

Fvckemall

5 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I had no idea what you were talking about so went to google.

“Bob Costas eye” is the first suggestion!

Viewing 22 posts - 251 through 272 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar