Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/04/2019 – 02/10/2018 Championship Week, Parade Week

This topic contains 271 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 272 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

These PED hardos with Edelman are desperate weirdo losers.

Rule # 5,134 that never bothered anyone until the Patriots benefited from it.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Rumors abound that the Pats won’t get the opener next season. Wouldn’t want to feature your signature franchise on your 100th anniversary. That would be dumb.

Let me guess, Bears and Packers because they have been around for 100 years?

Yep. Rumor is they get the Thursday game and Patriots get Sunday night.

Feejis
    Participant

An enterprising reporter would find out how many players have ever appeared in. SB the same season as they served a PED suspension. It can’t be a very long list.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

An enterprising reporter would find out how many players have ever appeared in. SB the same season as they served a PED suspension. It can’t be a very long list.

Baseball hardos. MLB changed their rules a couple of years ago to eliminate those suspended players from the post-season. If it’s good enough for baseball…

Lebron
    Participant

Ninkovich a couple of years ago.  Lane Johnson got caught twice and played last year.

jforb
    Participant

He looks like Costanza immediately after his hand modeling career ended….

Why does he wear the Packers logo on every finger?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Off a quick review I see Jalen Collins and Ninkovich from 2016, Derek Wolfe from 2015, Irvin and Von Miller in 2013…

Lebron
    Participant

That’s fucking crazy.  The reward for winning the Soupey is getting the Thursday game at home and a 10 day break.  They have the Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers, Giants at home.  Everyone’s darling the Browns.  What the fuck pick one of those games and go.

Lefty

The Rams were met in their arrival at their home facility by” a couple of dozen fans” per NFL network.   😀

Big Fat O
    Participant

The Rams were met in their arrival at their home facility by” a couple of dozen fans” per NFL network. 😀

That’s too bad. The future is bright for the team.

Been listening to Pittsburgh radio for the salty tears. They begrudgingly acknowledge Belichick and Brady as the GOATs, respectively, and the six SBs in 18 years as more impressive than however long it took them to  get their six.

They’ve got a new go-to, though. They don’t accept it all as one dynasty, but two separate ones. This way, they can say four in six years is more impressive than three in four or three in five.

And they say outcoaching Tomlin, Reid or McVay isn’t the same thing as outcoaching Noll. Felger should listen and take notes.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Been listening to Pittsburgh radio for the salty tears. They begrudgingly acknowledge Belichick and Brady as the GOATs, respectively, and the six SBs in 18 years as more impressive than however long it took them to get their six.

They’ve got a new go-to, though. They don’t accept it all as one dynasty, but two separate ones. This way, they can say four in six years is more impressive than three in four or three in five.

And they say outcoaching Tomlin, Reid or McVay isn’t the same thing as outcoaching Noll. Felger should listen and take notes.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Since the 2011 season, the Super Bowl Champion has been either the Patriots or the team that beat the Patriots in the playoffs. (Except Seattle)

jforb
    Participant

So what will they say next year?

Participant

Rumors abound that the Pats won’t get the opener next season. Wouldn’t want to feature your signature franchise on your 100th anniversary. That would be dumb.

Let me guess, Bears and Packers because they have been around for 100 years?

How about an NFC East matchup featuring the wellies and the pokes?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I stopped following TEC this season, did he ever come off the Dynasty is crumbling take?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I stopped following TEC this season, did he ever come off the Dynasty is crumbling take?

TEC trampolined off the drama and claims everything is great and has been since preseason ended.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Game on NFL Network.  That interception was bad.  The ensuing 3 and out was big.

GusChiggins
    Participant

What a 24 hours for John Henry – Pats win super bowl and Liverpool drips points at west ham, daminging their tital hopes. That’s a shame.

Big Fat O
    Participant

When did BB stop paying everyone? I just heard that boob Arcan say something to the effect they can let Van Noy walk if he wants too much money.

Only time people walk or get let go is when they want the huge contracts.

The problem with all of this is this becomes fact and keeps being repeated while most of it is bullshit.

Imagine living in a town like KC were everyone including the media wants the team to win and not fail.

BrianInLA
    Participant

It just came out that a 79 year old woman died at Dodger Stadium after being hit by a foul ball back in August. It was never reported by the media, the team or anyone at the game. The family and Dodgers worked out a settlement but I find it almost impossible in this day and age that in a stadium of perhaps 48,000 fans that no one tweeted this, followed up, mentioned it in passing, etc. She got hit and taken to the hospital and died a few days later. Just odd. And sad.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It just came out that a 79 year old woman died at Dodger Stadium after being hit by a foul ball back in August. It was never reported by the media, the team or anyone at the game. The family and Dodgers worked out a settlement but I find it almost impossible in this day and age that in a stadium of perhaps 48,000 fans that no one tweeted this, followed up, mentioned it in passing, etc. She got hit and taken to the hospital and died a few days later. Just odd. And sad.

The fallout? Patriots Forfeit First Round Draft Choice.    :rollseyes:  

Coma
    Participant

I’m guilty of complaining about the NFL’s leadership and how they tinker with the game and it’s rules, usually needlessly. One thing I have enjoyed, though, is the week long coronation the SB winner gets on the NFLN. The game gets replayed multiple times, the Sound FX show, interviews, etc. I wouldn’t pay much attention if my team wasn’t in the Super Bowl or if they lost, but it is nice when they win.

I’ve heard a little grousing about the penalty for the helmet to helmet hit on Burkhead that gave the Patriots a first down early in the game, but I haven’t heard any talk about the officials calling a pass complete when the LA receiver only got one foot down inbounds. The Rams ran a play quickly after that, before replay could even show it should have been ruled incomplete. In the end, it didn’t end up meaning anything, like the Burkhead play. It’s a nice quirk of the game – A team thinks they might have benefited from a questionable call, so they race to run another play to prevent the play from being overturned. I think we would have heard a little more about that situation if it had been Hogan only getting one foot down and the Patriots running a quick play.

One of my favorite plays of the game: Dietrich Wise clotheslining CJ Anderson on a running play. I think Michel received a similar hit earlier, but it was impressive to see Wise put someone Anderson’s size flat on his back like that. The Rams didn’t do Anderson any favors by handing him the ball on the next play.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The refs let them play which was nice. Both defenses played physical so there was plenty to call if the refs wanted to.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

In that Burkhead play they called the penalty on Fowler, not the guy who hit Burkhead.

Replay kept showing the hit on Burkhead but in the background you can see what looks like Fowler diving at the back of a Pats lineman’s legs. They never showed a clear angle of it but I assumed that’s what the penalty was.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar