Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/04/2019 – 02/10/2018 Championship Week, Parade Week

This topic contains 271 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 272 total)
  • Author

Participant

“Nobody believed in them, because of Bill the GM.”  Jonesie’s flashboy last night.

:lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Enjoyed the Inside the NFL mic’d up segments although the panel “discussions” made my brain hurt. Ray Lewis talking about how special he and Ed Reed are earned a hard ffwd. I liked the sound of McDaniels and Brady talking Bill into kicking the FG in the 4th. It’s almost like he values their opinions and is not a despotic my way or the highway automaton. My impression was he was leaning towards going for the throat and the first down and thought the better of it after Brady spoke up.

Which reminds me, why didn’t they try the get to the line and yell and scream and try to get LA to jump? Almost never works, but seemed like a waste to mill around waiting for the clock to run down before taking the timeout. Risk of flinching yourself too big?

Good question – would not have shocked me if Donald jumped.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Thought experiment: “The Patriots only win because of a weak division”. Imagine that they’ve been in the vaunted AFC North in place of the Browns. They would traumatize the Steelers franchise who only win 20% of games against Brady to the point that they would fire coaches every 4 or 5 years for going 2-8 against the Pats.

The Pats would have feasted against the Lewis led Bengals, probably a 80-20 split at least. Brady is 6-1 vs. the Bengals in his career.

Brady is 6-1 vs. the Ravens in the regular season, but of course they’ve lost to them in the playoffs twice. They would be the proverbial tough interdivision games that are close until the end.

The AFC South is much the same. Great W/L stats vs. the Colts/Titans/Texans.

The Patriots would have turned most any division rivals in the Jets/Bills/Dolphins over the years.

Participant

Enjoyed the Inside the NFL mic’d up segments although the panel “discussions” made my brain hurt. Ray Lewis talking about how special he and Ed Reed are earned a hard ffwd. I liked the sound of McDaniels and Brady talking Bill into kicking the FG in the 4th. It’s almost like he values their opinions and is not a despotic my way or the highway automaton. My impression was he was leaning towards going for the throat and the first down and thought the better of it after Brady spoke up.

Which reminds me, why didn’t they try the get to the line and yell and scream and try to get LA to jump? Almost never works, but seemed like a waste to mill around waiting for the clock to run down before taking the timeout. Risk of flinching yourself too big?

Good question – would not have shocked me if Donald jumped.

What did Donald tell Brady, “I’m gonna whip your ass, you’d better get rid of it quick.” 1 solo, 4 assists.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

The Hi Vivi/Hi Gronky exchange is an all timer.

Anyone do a wellness check on the dentist and lucky?

You couldn’t have scripted it better.

Feejis
    Participant

Stephen Merchant finding himself in the middle of the parade was pretty good.

Lebron
    Participant

Are you happy?/Yes, I’m happy/I’m so happy!

Reimer should off himself after what he said about that kid.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I hadn’t noticed that Gilmore got a hand on Cooks’s arm on that second pass breakup.  What a game he had.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of Donald I enjoyed hearing talk about losing one on one matchups.   Love that offensive line, especially guys like undrafted David Andrews.  Bill the GM Mike!!!!

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

All Bill does is mumble and snort at pressers!  Then you watch him communicate with his players and forget about Xs and Os or even football he’s one of the best overall communicators I’ve ever seen.  Always encouraging but still telling you what you need to do, not buried in a call sheet trusting his guys to make calls, absorbing all of the blame and taking none of the credit.  That’s a leader in any walk of life.

Suzy
    Participant

All Bill does is mumble and snort at pressers! Then you watch him communicate with his players and forget about Xs and Os or even football he’s one of the best overall communicators I’ve ever seen. Always encouraging but still telling you what you need to do, not buried in a call sheet trusting his guys to make calls, absorbing all of the blame and taking none of the credit. That’s a leader in any walk of life.

So well said. Watching the mic’d-up stuff & his post-game celebration, you get so much more of a feel for who the guy is. When he’s interacting with people he respects and/or loves, his core is revealed.

He’s dismissive of jerkoff buffoons like the Breers and Bedards of the world and he should be. They’re lazy and suck at their jobs–two things he despises most in anyone. Those who don’t get him will never get him.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I hadn’t noticed that Gilmore got a hand on Cooks’s arm on that second pass breakup. What a game he had.

Speaking of that was Sunday this first time in the last 4 Super Bowls where the Pats didn’t need to bench or dramatically modify defensive back personnel mid-game?

Feejis
    Participant

So nobody’s on board with my Larry Centers for the HOF campaign?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

They all have white knights ….. https://www.bostonherald.com/2018/01/30/buckley-this-is-a-hard-lesson-for-weeis-alex-reimer-to-learn/

Suzy
    Participant

They all have white knights ….. https://www.bostonherald.com/2018/01/30/buckley-this-is-a-hard-lesson-for-weeis-alex-reimer-to-learn/

The same jackass who snidely asked Brady at a press conference if he wanted the little twink fired. Such a fucking idiot.

Coma
    Participant

In any other city, with an athlete of Brady’s magnitude, Reimer’s comments would be a career killer or, at least, a career derailer. If someone worked for a local station in New Orleans and made a comment like that about one of Brees’ children or someone in LA/Cleveland/Miami said something negative about one of Lebron’s (the basketball player) kids, there would be such a backlash, they’d be done in that market. Maybe they wouldn’t be fired immediately, but they would “move on” to an opportunity at a station in Nevada or New Mexico. Reimer got a short suspension, where he was stilled allowed to write anonymous articles for EEI, is right back where he was pre-incident and everyone acts like nothing happened.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

All Bill does is mumble and snort at pressers! Then you watch him communicate with his players and forget about Xs and Os or even football he’s one of the best overall communicators I’ve ever seen. Always encouraging but still telling you what you need to do, not buried in a call sheet trusting his guys to make calls, absorbing all of the blame and taking none of the credit. That’s a leader in any walk of life.

So well said. Watching the mic’d-up stuff & his post-game celebration, you get so much more of a feel for who the guy is. When he’s interacting with people he respects and/or loves, his core is revealed.

He’s dismissive of jerkoff buffoons like the Breers and Bedards of the world and he should be. They’re lazy and suck at their jobs–two things he despises most in anyone. Those who don’t get him will never get him.

Watching BB with his granddaughter should tell you all you need to know about the guy.

Lebron
    Participant

Just watched the Cowher/Simms interview with Bill.  Again always willing to talk with people who want to really talk about football.  Sounds happy as can be.

Participant

Mic’d up and Felger melting down – good times are rolling – if I hit the powerball I could go full belushi 😃😃😃😃😃

howzie
    Participant

I’ve always appreciated the anti-Lynn Swan contingent.

And Stallworth

Participant

:lol: “Will I survive? I have enough confidence in myself to think that, you know, somehow I’ll make it.  But, we’ll see.” Bill Belichick 1/4/2000  :lol:  

Coma
    Participant

Regarding Edelman and the HOF, he’s never going to have the elite, outside receiver numbers. Even if he has 4 or 5 more productive seasons, that would put him around 10K yards, which isn’t going to come close to what other “HOF lock” receivers have put up.

What Edelman has going for him is his whole story. He was a QB at MAC school, was drafted in the final round and converted to WR. He spent 4 years learning and waiting his turn. Since he became a starter, he’s been extremely productive and one of the best slot receivers in the league. He’s been a great performer in the postseason and is second only to Jerry Rice in yards and receptions. You can make a case that Edelman is the best college QB to receiver conversion, ever.* Isn’t that a success story the NFL would want to showcase? I don’t understand the mindset that would dismiss his candidacy before his career is even over.

*I’m sure there’s someone I’m forgetting or overlooking, but I’m just thinking of the guys from the last 30 years or so. Hines Ward would seem to be the other choice, but Ward only played QB his sophomore year at Georgia. He was a full time receiver for his junior and senior seasons and was well regarded as a wide receiver heading into the draft. To me, that’s different from playing QB all through college (or at least most of the time) and then changing when you get to the NFL.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Edelman is also one of the best PR in league history.

Lefty

I’ve been waiting to see how the league helps the Steelers out of that mess with Antonio Brown. They need to find some way to get him off the Steeler salary cap. Now the story comes up Brown supposedly knocking down the mother of his child. I see a trip to the commissioners exempt list coming for him so he’s not playing for the Steelers and not counting on their salary cap. God bless the sainted Rooneys.

Coma
    Participant

Something I meant to add to my Edelman post: I looked at Kacsmar’s twitter feed yesterday and, of course, he doesn’t see Edelman getting into the HOF because he’s not a Steeler or a Manning. He mocked Edelman for only having 5 postseason TD catches and noted that 2 of them in that blowout loss to the Ravens, so they didn’t add any value. I’m sure Scott has reviewed every Montana TD pass, every Emmit Smith rush and all of Peyton’s passing yards and subtracted all them that didn’t “add value” because they came in a loss or even a blowout win.

Yes, Edelman is currently tied for 43rd in playoff TD receptions, but it’s not like the leaders are in the 40s and 30s. Rice has the record with 22. Second place is 12. If Edelman catches 2 TDs in the playoffs next year, he passes a bunch of guys into 19th place. If he ever gets to 10 TDs, he’ll be tied for 4th.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar