Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/04/2019 – 02/10/2018 Championship Week, Parade Week

This topic contains 271 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 272 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

MLB is proposing a rule change that every pitcher would have to face at least 3 batters before another pitcher can be brought in. I didn’t realize Goodell was in charge of baseball now as well. :dry:

Just go with the universal DH, probably eliminates some of the 1 batter stuff just on its face.  We aren’t stuck with pitchers killing run scoring opportunities and double switches to death in order to hide the pitcher’s spot in the lineup.  Always loved that with the purists, if pitchers hitting is so fucking great why does every manager except for Genius Joe on occasion bat them 9th then double switch multiple times to avoid the pitcher hitting?

4 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

They are also proposing the DH for all as well as trying out the “put a runner on 2nd base starting in the 10th inning to get extra inning games over faster”. They’re going to demo it in preseason and the All Star Game. The purists will love that as how will that be logged in a boxscore? Free two base pass? And will it count against pitchers metrics similar to the intentional walk? Just a dumb idea to solve a problem that doesn’t exist.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

The geeks think pitchers hitting means more strategy. Yeah sure, strategy to figure out how to avoid a guy having to do a job he’s not qualified for.

The simplest solution would be to be like every other North American sport and not force a guy to leave the game permanently if he’s substituted for.

5 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I love when supposedly good hitting pitchers are given as exceptions to the rule.  Madison Bumgarner- his career slash is 183/228/313 in 603 plate appearances (a full Dh season) with 215 strike outs.  Much like every other Rockie, Mike Hampton skewed by Coors.  He was on that team for 2 years of 17, yet that’s where he had 25% of his hits and 62% of his hr.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

JB traded to the Hawks! :ohmy:   :ozzy:

Jabari Bird :lol:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Funny how one day BB controls everything including how much to water down the beer to now with Schiano he’s handing him the keys and letting him do what ever he wants.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Fultz  :lol:   :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

How does Orlando give a 1st rounder for that guy?

chicowalker
    Participant

protected 1-20, but I agree

Lebron
    Participant

They changed ‘disabled list’ to ‘injured list’.  Well I’m sure after that accomplishment everyone let out a big sigh of relief and grabbed some lunch.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Whoever thinks Grande is a great announcer is either mentally challenged or hates themselves.

Ive come to realize Grande has Jim Nance syndrome where he feels he needs to wax poetic and create an aura around the game. He just can’t tell us what’s going on and leave the bullshit out.

We need to realize how great Mike Gorman is.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

For those who hopefully missed it Felger to no ones surprise kept saying “how you” didn’t make any moves but offer no thoughts on who “you” should have traded for and traded away.

Pitino May have sucked as a coach but he was spot on when he said it’s the fellowship of the misirible around here and that was in 1992.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I guess I’ll trade a regular season loss to the Lakers for a World Series victory and a Super Bowl victory. #BeatLA

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

JB traded to the Hawks! :ohmy: :ozzy:

Jabari Bird :lol:

I…  What?

Humphrey
    Participant

I guess I’ll trade a regular season loss to the Lakers for a World Series victory and a Super Bowl victory. #BeatLA

The Celtics defense had a lot of breakdowns, but the last two possessions they executed well…a deflection which Lebron saved (and ended up getting a wide open three out of it) and a blocked shot which Rondo picked up and threw in the winner. Bad luck more than anything.

It’s going to be nice watching the playoffs knowing Lebron is watching them too.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Celtics defense had a lot of breakdowns, but the last two possessions they executed well…a deflection which Lebron saved (and ended up getting a wide open three out of it) and a blocked shot which Rondo picked up and threw in the winner. Bad luck more than anything.

It’s going to be nice watching the playoffs knowing Lebron is watching them too.

bballbreakdown guy showed a slomo of Horford whiffing on the rebound in the scrum. An eagle-eyed follower noticed that the ball barely grazed the backboard, changing the trajectory enough so that Al didn’t squeeze the rebound.

chicowalker
    Participant

I want the Lakers to make the playoffs, as the 8 seed, and get curb stomped by GS in 4.  No chance of any Zion skulduggery

This guy writes exactly like Gill:

Super Bowl LIII was redemption for The Hooded One.

It was atonement.

It was a true masterpiece.

If rat-faced git (tm Pats67) Michael David Smith is calling out your stupidity,  you must be pretty damn stupid:

More Gill-like dreck:

If Super Bowl XXV was his Starry Night and Super Bowl XXXVI was his Mona Lisa, then Super Bowl LIII is his Girl With A Pearl Earing.

jforb
    Participant

At least he picked decent paintings, Gill would pick shitty metal albums.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Sounds kinda Gasper-ish.

Feejis
    Participant

Is there any other kind?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

What does BB have to atone for? The Miami game? Shitting the bed in Detroit?

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like Chad O’Shea is going with Flores to be the OC?  If so, hate to see him or any of these guys go but good for him.

Lebron
    Participant

Is there any other kind?

Read this in FCM’s voice followed by a ‘can’t wait for Tedeschi/Trucks!’

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Albert Finney wont be down for breakfast or able to star in the sequel to Looker (a movie I liked a lot as a kid).

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 272 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar