Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/10-11/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 39 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So who gets to fill in for the suspended Fauria? Will we see the reunion of Mutton Lou with the Big O?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

Craig and Larry:

Ron didn’t really plagiarize.

Shouldn’t be fired for this. Patriots fans need him (and Shank) to stand up to the horrid, unaccountable, outcoached Bellichik.

McDaniel terrible too.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Yahtzee.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Craig and Larry: Ron didn’t really plagiarize. Shouldn’t be fired for this. Patriots fans need him (and Shank) to stand up to the horrid, unaccountable, outcoached Bellichik. McDaniel terrible too.

God, these guys suck.

The next media idiot who says, “You might hate Shank and Borges but everyone reads them” needs to be murdered. No, I don’t fucking read them, ever. I only hear what they say from others, and fewer read them every day. Nobody needs them for anything. See ya.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I suppose if Fauria was doing a terrible impression to underscore what a dummy Borges was to fall for this, I should be in his corner.

But at this point, I just hate them all and are rooting for suspensions and firings. Their fault for that.  :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

I suppose if Fauria was doing a terrible impression to underscore what a dummy Borges was to fall for this, I should be in his corner. But at this point, I just hate them all and are rooting for suspensions and firings. Their fault for that. :ozzy:

The zookeepers took a call from “Don Yee” and the first thing he says is “herrro!”. They all laughed and laughed…

Humphrey
    Participant

I suppose if Fauria was doing a terrible impression to underscore what a dummy Borges was to fall for this, I should be in his corner. But at this point, I just hate them all and are rooting for suspensions and firings. Their fault for that. :ozzy:

The zookeepers took a call from “Don Yee” and the first thing he says is “herrro!”. They all laughed and laughed…

So, for the record, what DOES Don Yee sound like?   An Asian stereotype, someone whose parents came over on the Mayflower, or somewhere in between?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Deadspin has the Fauria segment.

https://deadspin.com/boston-radio-host-christian-fauria-does-insanely-racist-1822885361/amp

And here’s a video of Yee speaking.

After listening to him for a bit, I think he kind of has a Minnesota accent. He overpronounces his “R”’s a bit.

Humphrey
    Participant

Belongs in the Eye Candy thread!   Mahdone!

Lefty

Belongs in the Eye Candy thread! Mahdone!

….ok….so Humphrey really likes Don Yee……

Coma
    Participant

Craig and Larry: Ron didn’t really plagiarize. Shouldn’t be fired for this. Patriots fans need him (and Shank) to stand up to the horrid, unaccountable, outcoached Bellichik. McDaniel terrible too.

The flip side of this blind allegiance to Borges is that PFT had 6 articles (7, if you include their article on his original report) on this subject yesterday, all appropriately negative towards Ron. One of the reasons for that is the PFT guys believe Borges was plagiarizing their articles in the past. Craig and Larry’s attempt to rationalize Borges’ crime against journalism fails on it’s own, but it also ignores that it wasn’t a one time thing with Ron.

With regards to the attempts put the focus on the guy who pranked Borges, they really miss the point. We’re going to see similar “pranks” when free agency starts and we get closer to the draft. Someone in the media is going to see a tweet from “Adarn Schefter” claiming that Von Miller was traded to the Cowboys and re-tweet it. That’s embarassing in the short term, but almost excusable because you can see someone glancing at the name and missing the misspelling and no blue check mark. Borges didn’t get 1 fake tweet and repeat it. He thought he was talking to and exchanging texts with an agent, then wrote a story about the false information he had been fed. There’s plenty of time there to digest what you’re hearing and question it. At no point did Borges try to verify anything he was being told. He also claimed he heard this story from multiple people, which is a lie since the story was made up.

It will be enough if this results in the end of Borges as a media member, but I’d love for someone to wonder why Wickersham gets these juicy stories, but they are always backed by anonymous sources. I’m not saying he’s repeatedly getting pranked, but I would not be surprised if he’s listening to someone with a grudge against the Patriots (Polian, Dungy, NFL HQ personnel, etc) and accepting their stories without any skepticism.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

t will be enough if this results in the end of Borges as a media member, but I’d love for someone to wonder why Wickersham gets these juicy stories, but they are always backed by anonymous sources. I’m not saying he’s repeatedly getting pranked, but I would not be surprised if he’s listening to someone with a grudge against the Patriots (Polian, Dungy, NFL HQ personnel, etc) and accepting their stories without any skepticism.

This isn’t just possible, but likely.

BSF34
    Participant

See the source image

Wait, what?

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Lot of National traction for suspending Futility and Small O for laughing like hyenas and going along with Fauria’s comedy but.
    EEI of course had it on their site till the shit hit the fan. Tone deaf.
    Take them all down.
    I shouldn’t be but I’m appalled by anyone who sticks up for Borges. His crimes are documented and go back decades. The Hague should have jurisdiction.

Big Fat O
    Participant

How can anyone defend Borges. I would have s little sympathy for a new reporter but he’s been around long enough to know better.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Not that anyone cares but the Election of Chuck Blazer and Sunil Gulati’s pal Carlos Cordeiro for Prez means that it is status quo for USSF soccer and the cesspool that is US soccer isn’t changing. $ over inclusive development.

jforb
    Participant

Any chance Nick gave Ron phone numbers for a couple friends, so he technically did have multiple sources?

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Listening to that Tomase piece of shit opine on this is fucking surreal.

Humphrey
    Participant

I should have done the old standard (from left to right) N…Y   :lol:

GusChiggins
    Participant

Not that anyone cares but the Election of Chuck Blazer and Sunil Gulati’s pal Carlos Cordeiro for Prez means that it is status quo for USSF soccer and the cesspool that is US soccer isn’t changing. $ over inclusive development.

Who did you want?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Listening to that Tomase piece of shit opine on this is fucking surreal.

Another turd. There’s no defense of this period and I don’t care how much someone likes him. If he never spoke with Yee before didn’t he think it was odd Yee was calling him and no one else. That’s the part that blows my mind. He should have at least tried to make sure it was really Yee and checked out the number. He could have looked up Yees number and compared.

Yahtzee
    Participant

How can anyone defend Borges. I would have s little sympathy for a new reporter but he’s been around long enough to know better.

He was too excited about the prospects for a negative Pats story that he suspended all judgment. Blind hatred.

Coma
    Participant

He was too excited about the prospects for a negative Pats story that he suspended all judgment. Blind hatred.

If Borges had been fed a false story about, I don’t know, Gronk leaving to sign with the WWE, would he have run with it so blindly and so quickly? I think he would have let that simmer for a day or two and maybe even reached out to the WWE. It would be a big development, but it’s not on the same level as Brady holding the team up for a huge contract. Borges was fed a huge story and he wanted to believe it to the point where he didn’t care if it was true. All of that stuff he contributed to the AH Rolling Stone story has to be regarded as potential fiction now.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Gus, definitely Wynalda. No one even knows how they vote or how it’s weighted, it’s a scam. Eliminate pay to play and institute pro/rel, eliminate MLS and align w the rest of the world calendar regarding football. Get rid of SUM, Gulati, Garber etc. US soccer should be qualifying in Concacaf easily and challenging for a WC. The structure and compensation and grass roots impact at the local level is all wrong.

Status Quo and $ w Cordeiro.
    I hope FIFA doesn’t award the WC to N America for 2026-it’s not deserved, plus the crooks that run it will make $ Hand over fist and it won’t go to player development.

jforb
    Participant

Is calendar alignment really possible?

Lebron
    Participant

Short track speed skating needs more crashes. Like a shit ton more

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar