Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/27/17 Daily Thread

This topic contains 129 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 101 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author

Patrick Pass
    Participant

The answer is vain, he’s so vain

chicowalker
    Participant

Independent Beatty would have said “Emma Stone? haven’t had her yet.  See you at 10”

Lebron
    Participant

I’m going to have to block any trade for WinitforRemerswaal, reminds me that grampa wasn’t around for 2004.

chicowalker
    Participant

It was just brought to my attention from an old classmate that I (we) have something in common with Denzel- both beat out by Casey Affleck.  He was at CR&L for the 92 New England Drama fest, and we lost to them.  I just vomited all over myself seeing my dual roles :ohmy:   :lol:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4viIt9aMv17YXpHd3J0blRkR0U/view

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

So he’s too senile to deftly think on his feet when faced with an unexpected situation that happens once every 50 years? Who the hell expects the wrong card to be in that envelope in that situation? Fatty would be proud of this kind of MMQB’ing.

I’m not saying he is senile, just not as quick on his feet. If he thought something was wrong, take a second before dumping it in Dunaway’s lap.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Feejis
    Participant

That 80 year old guy faced with a situation nobody else has ever faced on live TV should’ve been a quicker thinker?

That is the steamiest pile of hottakes possible.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It was just brought to my attention from an old classmate that I (we) have something in common with Denzel- both beat out by Casey Affleck. He was at CR&L for the 92 New England Drama fest, and we lost to them. I just vomited all over myself seeing my dual roles :ohmy: 😆 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4viIt9aMv17YXpHd3J0blRkR0U/view

Marty King, one of the greats, Danno!  And was that George Cain?   :lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Even if we pay his $51.00 posting fee, I’m hearing rumblings that GonzoLyroball will only agree to join SonsofSteveGarvey.  :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

It was just brought to my attention from an old classmate that I (we) have something in common with Denzel- both beat out by Casey Affleck. He was at CR&L for the 92 New England Drama fest, and we lost to them. I just vomited all over myself seeing my dual roles :ohmy: 😆 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4viIt9aMv17YXpHd3J0blRkR0U/view

Marty King, one of the greats, Danno! And was that George Cain? 😆

:lol:   Might as well have been.  My younger brother played Abel.  When we won the RI Drama fest, one of the judges was heaping effusive praise on the realism of the scene where Cain slayed (slew?) Abel, not realizing that I was in fact beating the shit out of my brother.  I wasn’t much of an actor, but I was an effective goon

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Per Bert, The Cardinals have placed the franchise tag on Jones.

AZ Man Clings To Life After Slapped With Franchise Tag

“He just wanted to explore free agency” heartbroken teammates tell reporters

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Claude45
    Participant

So remember when that hardo TEs coach was named interim Dolphins head coach he had the Dolphins run the Oklahoma drill? The media was just over the moon excited, especially the likes of Breer.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/02/college_cant_escape_suit_by_fo.html

Whoops, I love to hear the media back track on that.

NumberFour
    Participant

:ph34r: Hated those fuckers. We beat their asses in ’93.

NumberFour
    Participant

So he’s too senile to deftly think on his feet when faced with an unexpected situation that happens once every 50 years? Who the hell expects the wrong card to be in that envelope in that situation? Fatty would be proud of this kind of MMQB’ing.

I’m not saying he is senile, just not as quick on his feet. If he thought something was wrong, take a second before dumping it in Dunaway’s lap.

Have you even seen it? First of all, he takes many seconds trying to figure out WTF is going on. Then, when she’s giving him the business for stalling, all he does is show her the card. As in, “Look at this shit…”

:rollseyes:

Coma
    Participant

Patriots name Nick Caley tight ends coach. He was a coaching assistant this year. Yet another John Carroll alum Yes-man.

Fixed

Suzy
    Participant

The thing is, who in a million years could possibly imagine that the people in charge of the envelopes could fuck up that colossally?! I’m guessing that the (80-year-old!!) guy had more presence of mind than those criticizing him after the fact ever would have.

What an amazingly shitty position to find yourself in.

Kevin
    Participant

Yes, my brothers and Suzy! I have a dream! I have a dream that one day all posters will be judged not by the picture in their profile, but by the quality of their song parody!

Coma
    Participant

Fatty, re: the drooling monster in Indy’s book club What’s great about the book club—one of the things anyway—is that Luck reads the selections he picks. I would offer that first reading a book you are recommending is not great, it is the bare minimum.

Late to this, but it’s staggering that PK would think it’s “great” that someone who puts together a book club would actually read the books they are recommending. What did he think the standard was going to be – “I heard other people talk about it” “I liked the cover art” “They made this author’s last book into a movie, so I figured their other stuff was also good” ?

The thing is, in terms of idiotic or offensive stuff that PK says, this isn’t even that bad, by his standards. Somehow, in an era when missteps get people fired, King has somehow become bulletproof. And it’s not like he changed his approach. If anything, he’s become emboldened to put his ugly American, finger-wagging persona on display.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Steelers give Antonio Brown richest deal in WR history. Assuming he doesn’t blow out an ACL, which would be a shame, they should continue to score in the teens versus the Patriots.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

It would be an awesome prank if it was George Hamilton backstage who switched the cards just to fuck with Beatty.

Lebron
    Participant

Four years from now they’ll be paying Brown $18.5 million.  And they’ll also tag Bell, sign him to an extension, so he can continue to stand behind the line of scrimmage waiting to get tackled. Well done!

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Check the envelope, are we sure she’s alive? October 2016:

Costume designer Janet Patterson, a four-time Oscar nominee for period films like Bright Star, The Portrait of a Lady and The Piano, has died. Rocco Hindman, the head of the agency that represented her, said Tuesday that she died recently in Australia. Due to the wishes of her family, he would not reveal her age or the date of her death. The Portrait of a Lady star Nicole Kidman on Monday night paid tribute to the late designer. The actress said “she’s not here anymore, but she lives on through those beautiful clothes and images.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/janet-patterson-dead-oscar-nominated-costume-designer-dies-941312

I don’t think they are saying she’s not dead..as you have seen, she is. The photo they used, however, is not her; it’s a photo of a producer that is still alive.

Edit: Or what 3 people posted already :wall:

Participant

It happened to Schmuel at the 64 Oscars and it was a gas my man.

Davis Jr. read the nominees: Irma La Douce, Bye Bye Birdie, A New Kind of Love, Sundays and Cybele and The Sword in the Stone. However, he then announced the winner as John Addison for Tom Jones, who was not even in the category.

After a moment of confusion among the audience members, the entertainer realized he was given the incorrect envelope.

“Wait till the NAACP hears about this,” he joked as the right envelope was brought out.

Davis Jr. then put on a pair of glasses, saying, “I ain’t gonna make no mistake this time, baby.”

jforb
    Participant

Four years from now they’ll be paying Brown $18.5 million. And they’ll also tag Bell, sign him to an extension, so he can continue to stand behind the line of scrimmage waiting to get tackledsit on the bench watching the season end. Well done!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

It happened to Schmuel at the 64 Oscars and it was a gas my man. Davis Jr. read the nominees: Irma La Douce, Bye Bye Birdie, A New Kind of Love, Sundays and Cybele and The Sword in the Stone. However, he then announced the winner as John Addison for Tom Jones, who was not even in the category. After a moment of confusion among the audience members, the entertainer realized he was given the incorrect envelope. “Wait till the NAACP hears about this,” he joked as the right envelope was brought out. Davis Jr. then put on a pair of glasses, saying, “I ain’t gonna make no mistake this time, baby.”

“A pair of glasses? You’re gilding the lily, Sambo! You coulda just used a monocle! I kid, I kid. But winning an Oscar; what a feeling, am I right? Oh. I forgot.”

Participant

Four years from now they’ll be paying Brown $18.5 million. And they’ll also tag Bell, sign him to an extension, so he can continue to stand behind the line of scrimmage waiting to get tackledsit on the bench watching the season end. Well done!

I’m sure Peter King will tell us that as always, the Sainted Rooney Family did what was best for everyone and never thought of themselves.

Yahtzee
    Participant

2016 would have killed Bonnie & Clyde right then and there, n’est-ce pas?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I was in a production of Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. Great fun exploring JHancock Hall etc. Figuring ourselves as the most avant garde of all the troupes, we took particular joy at the poor kids who were there beating that old war horse, The Crucible.

Eight years later, I’m chatting with my new boss who casually let it drop that his wife was the drama teacher/director of said production of The Crucible. Never did find out if he knew my little secret.

NumberFour
    Participant

I was in a production of Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. Great fun exploring JHancock Hall etc. Figuring ourselves as the most avant garde of all the troupes, we took particular joy at the poor kids who were there beating that old war horse, The Crucible. Eight years later, I’m chatting with my new boss who casually let it drop that his wife was the drama teacher/director of said production of The Crucible. Never did find out if he knew my little secret.

Was that the one where they just screeched for 40 minutes? Seemed like every year some hackers would do The Crucible.  :weei:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Regular Brian better not stumble across this thread.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I was in a production of Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. Great fun exploring JHancock Hall etc. Figuring ourselves as the most avant garde of all the troupes, we took particular joy at the poor kids who were there beating that old war horse, The Crucible. Eight years later, I’m chatting with my new boss who casually let it drop that his wife was the drama teacher/director of said production of The Crucible. Never did find out if he knew my little secret.

Was that the one where they just screeched for 40 minutes? Seemed like every year some hackers would do The Crucible. :weei:

Little did we know we were doing 4th wall breakings some two or three decades ago. :ph34r:

Viewing 30 posts - 101 through 130 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar