Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/28/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 101 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  chicowalker 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Lefty

Good news is that Little Twat Tomlinson may join the Chargers front office, which may get him off my tv on a regular basis.

Also, Chief’s Capitals made a very good trade last night getting Shattenkirk from the Blues.   May be their year, finally.

Most importantly, can I make a motion to exempt the board archivist from having to preserve yesterday’s “What Drama Guild Were You In, Big Guy” Monday thread?

God damned bunch of raging thespians.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Lefty.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

God damned bunch of raging thespians.

I foolishly quit acting to play football. The reverse Butkus.

BSF34
    Participant

Good news is that Little Twat Tomlinson may join the Chargers front office, which may get him off my tv on a regular basis. Also, Chief’s Capitals made a very good trade last night getting Shattenkirk from the Blues. May be their year, finally. Most importantly, can I make a motion to exempt the board archivist from having to preserve yesterday’s “What Drama Guild Were You In, Big Guy” Monday thread? God damned bunch of raging thespians.

I respect the hell out of that team drama guild.

Wait, what?

Mark
    Participant

Yes. Um… I once did some summer stock.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Reading the accounts in the news, one would think that the Arizona Cardinals “lovingly caressed” Chandler Jones with the franchise tag yesterday.  There’s only one team that slaps its players with the tag, caller. That’s how they do business down there!

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Reading the accounts in the news, one would think that the Arizona Cardinals “lovingly caressed” Chandler Jones with the franchise tag yesterday. There’s only one team that slaps its players with the tag, caller. That’s how they do business down there!

I’m curious to see where Brown and Bell are three years from now in Pittsburgh, and whether the CW will think retaining both of them for big money was worth it.

Participant

Another victory for the accountability industrial complex.

For the third straight year, Herald sports columnist Ron Borges has been honored by the Associated Press Sports Editors as one of the premier columnists in the nation.

Claude45
    Participant

Reading the accounts in the news, one would think that the Arizona Cardinals “lovingly caressed” Chandler Jones with the franchise tag yesterday. There’s only one team that slaps its players with the tag, caller. That’s how they do business down there!

I’m curious to see where Brown and Bell are three years from now in Pittsburgh, and whether the CW will think retaining both of them for big money was worth it.

I’m no master negotiator but I don’t understand why the Steelers came out and kept saying they wanted them both to retire as Steelers. It’s like walking into a house and saying in front of the real estate agent “This is the only house I’ll buy!”.

Claude45
    Participant

I used to do Shakespeare in the round in the square. Harvard Square, which is actually a trapezoid. See they are all different shapes……

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Good news is that Little Twat Tomlinson may join the Chargers front office, which may get him off my tv on a regular basis. Also, Chief’s Capitals made a very good trade last night getting Shattenkirk from the Blues. May be their year, finally. Most importantly, can I make a motion to exempt the board archivist from having to preserve yesterday’s “What Drama Guild Were You In, Big Guy” Monday thread? God damned bunch of raging thespians.

Image result for john candy they printed my letter

“They published my letter! Here it is; ‘A thespian no more’.”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Claude45
    Participant

Another victory for the accountability industrial complex. For the third straight year, Herald sports columnist Ron Borges has been honored by the Associated Press Sports Editors as one of the premier columnists in the nation.

These same guys will kill Kraft and Belichick for not knowing that Hernandez was a murderer.

TwoTimes
    Participant

Aren’t squares trapezoids?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m no master negotiator but I don’t understand why the Steelers came out and kept saying they wanted them both to retire as Steelers. It’s like walking into a house and saying in front of the real estate agent “This is the only house I’ll buy!”.

Because the Steelers management hierarchy isn’t that smart?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

You know who also doesn’t appreciate juvenile ‘lesbian/thespian’ wordplay? Alex Reimer, that’s who.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

I apologize for kicking off amateur theatre monday.  I honestly thought I was alone :-(   :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

Aren’t squares trapezoids?

Could be but Little Jerry cannot be contained by accuracy or logic when expanding the Quan’s Kitchen comedy boundaries.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Another victory for the accountability industrial complex. For the third straight year, Herald sports columnist Ron Borges has been honored by the Associated Press Sports Editors as one of the premier columnists in the nation.

To honor you, Ron, here is your lifetime supply of buggy whips! Keep churning out those important newspaper columns that everyone is never ever talking about!

Hacksaw
    Participant

Image result for john candy they printed my letter

“They published my letter! Here it is; ‘A thespian no more’.”

Two handfuls of dirty mags.

Its like he stopped at every bookstore on the Berlin Turnpike!

Chuck Schick
    Participant

I apologize for kicking off amateur theatre monday. I honestly thought I was alone 🙁 😆

You’re in the trust tree, in the nest.

Claude45
    Participant

I just saw where Art Rooney just said the only thing left for Brown to accomplish was winning a Superbowl. No need to try and get better for the huge new deal.

Claude45
    Participant

I apologize for kicking off amateur theatre monday. I honestly thought I was alone 🙁 😆

NERDS!!!

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Simpler times. Jack Chocolate — one of the greats, Danny.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I just saw where Art Rooney just said the only thing left for Brown to accomplish was winning a Superbowl. No need to try and get better for the huge new deal.

He’s already the best!! <<puffs chest>> blah, blah, legacy, blah, six rings, blah blah…

chicowalker
    Participant

You’re in the trust tree, in the nest.

My junior year we got a new theatre teacher, young guy (probably late twenties?) Early on first semester he was demonstrating the trust fall thing to us from the third step of a 12 foot ladder..he went right through our interlocked arms and whacked his head on the floor like Larry did in the playoffs against the Pacers.  The room went quiet for a moment until it was determined he wasn’t super hurt; once that was confirmed me and the two other bad boys of the theatre department (all things being relative…) started laughing our asses off, until we were forced to leave the room by some of our more sensitive brethren

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  chicowalker.

Feejis
    Participant

Hey if Rosie Grier can sing…

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Hey if Rosie Grier can sing…

Is Deacon Jones a sissy because he sings? Peter Brady emphatically says no.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

You’ll Never Walk Alone

jforb
    Participant

You know who also doesn’t appreciate juvenile ‘lesbian/thespian’ wordplay? Alex Reimer, that’s who.

Wasn’t a theater geek myself, but some college friends were so I occasionally got invited to the postproduction awards/party. Let’s just say Reimer would have been fine with that. :blink:   :ohmy:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Simpler times. Jack Chocolate — one of the greats, Danny.

Full cost Penthouses, no value-pak slap mags for Jack.

Lebron
    Participant

I thought Rosie Grier crocheted?

Chief
    Participant

I like the Shattenkirk deal in that it means the Bruins won’t trade for him.  I’m not sure I understand why the Caps need him when they already have Carlson and Niskanen.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

He’s multi-talented.

Suzy
    Participant

Me too. They may have changed crocheting to singing to fit in with that episode’s “plot.”

At any rate, Deacon Jones told Peter’s football team that even *he* wouldn’t have the nerve to mock Rosie for it.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

https://i0.wp.com/www.crochetconcupiscence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/rosey-grier.jpg?w=730

“..For Men.”  :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I thought the correct term was ‘value pack slap mags’?

Feejis
    Participant

You know I maybe should’ve known this but it was before I was born so I’m ok not knowing Grier spent most of his career with the Giants.

I won’t hold it against him.

Participant

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I thought the correct term was ‘value pack slap mags’?

Having worked at a newsstand I can tell you the value paks were made up of 3-4 lesser quality off-brand magazines like MILF-y Latina, EuroSkank and Nominally Copulatable. Below Hustler-level stuff.

Kevin
    Participant

:lol:

So many more questions!

Did they come prepackaged in the valu-pak, or did you have to mix the low sellers together yourself?

Participant

Major Intangibles
    Participant

😆 So many more questions! Did they come prepackaged in the valu-pak, or did you have to mix the low sellers together yourself?

Pre-wrapped in cellophane sleeves.

Lebron
    Participant

Throw in an issue of PakiHotLunch and I’m buyin’!

Kevin
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

😆 So many more questions! Did they come prepackaged in the valu-pak, or did you have to mix the low sellers together yourself?

And was there ever a degree of careful curation, perhaps expanding your customers’ world view?

“Instead of bundling Black Azz with 40 Ounce Bitche$ and The THOT Reader, I’m going to put it with Oui, Blueboy, and Happy Good Time Make News Lady Uncomfortable With Formidable Circle Of Angry Writhing Snake.  Old man Jones is going to lose his shit!”

Participant

Curt Schilling is the goddamn best. 😆 http://www.mediaite.com/online/curt-schilling-gets-smacked-down-on-twitter-after-questioning-veterans-military-service/

Curt has an Army unit ballcap, unlike General Gerry.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

And was there ever a degree of careful curation, perhaps expanding your customers’ world view? “Instead of bundling Black Azz with 40 Ounce Bitche$ and The THOT Reader, I’m going to put it with Oui, Blueboy, and Happy Good Time Make News Lady Uncomfortable With Formidable Circle Of Angry Writhing Snake. Old man Jones is going to lose his shit!”

:lol: Jesus.

You do that the manager would give you a talking to.

“Don’t try to re-invent the wheel, kid. Put Jailbait Teens, Nubile Coeds and Puffy Nurps together. Ok?”

Participant

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Before I forget, today is the 3rd Anniversary of (link) The Baseball Paper Day (link)

12838067324_8fc7d77a2b_n.jpg

Doncabesa
    Participant

Cars plowing into parades at an alarming rate, time to ban all of these dangerous import cars!

Bullshit, Thesaurus Boy.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar