Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 02/28/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 101 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  chicowalker 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

LJ has zero understanding of human anatomy. I don’t think he’s ever seen a naked woman. You have those fucked up Joker lips on the blonde in the background, a torso that is all boobs on the lady in the purple swimsuit and our friend in the local media has no neck. It is also alarming if one thinks too much about where those swim trunks are supposed to be located relative to the guys package. :ohmy:

Kevin
    Participant

The bent stem on the daiquiri glass. :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

I apologize for kicking off amateur theatre monday. I honestly thought I was alone 🙁 😆

You’re in the trust tree, in the nest.

My junior year we got a new theatre teacher, young guy (probably late twenties?) Early on first semester he was demonstrating the trust fall thing to us from the third step of a 12 foot ladder..he went right through our interlocked arms and whacked his head on the floor like Larry did in the playoffs against the Pacers. The room went quiet for a moment until it was determined he wasn’t super hurt; once that was confirmed me and the two other bad boys of the theatre department (all things being relative…) started laughing our asses off, until we were forced to leave the room by some of our more sensitive brethren

Sounds like our respected-by-some-hated-by-the-rest hs baseball coach getting one square in the nuts pitching BP!   Good mixture of laughter and outrage.

Kevin
    Participant

Best tweet ever.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That’s an LJ reuse of an existing scribble. Schick, to your archives!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Suzy
    Participant

Hacksaw
    Participant

I apologize for kicking off amateur theatre monday. I honestly thought I was alone 🙁 😆

You’re in the trust tree, in the nest.

My junior year we got a new theatre teacher, young guy (probably late twenties?) Early on first semester he was demonstrating the trust fall thing to us from the third step of a 12 foot ladder..he went right through our interlocked arms and whacked his head on the floor like Larry did in the playoffs against the Pacers. The room went quiet for a moment until it was determined he wasn’t super hurt; once that was confirmed me and the two other bad boys of the theatre department (all things being relative…) started laughing our asses off, until we were forced to leave the room by some of our more sensitive brethren

Sounds like our respected-by-some-hated-by-the-rest hs baseball coach getting one square in the nuts pitching BP! Good mixture of laughter and outrage.

My call to glory in BP was hitting the American Legion coach square in the ass with a line drive. The victim was walking in the infield chirping about something. The other coach pitching BP just kept pitching meatballs.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Ahh fond memories…the theme of the Spring Ball at Bowdoin was Nominally Copulatable.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

P.S. some personal news.

I’ve decided that Blount sprinting on to the field after the White touchdown is a top 10 moment in my life.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

I think today’s scribblework is all original, but obviously he’s recycled this tired theme before. I want to tell him this in the Ordway sotto voice: Larry, nobody gives a flying fuck about sports reporters!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I see. Larry does understand that sports reporters are twisted mutants. So there’s that.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Callahardfoul
    Participant

The list goes:

10.  Met Heinsohn

9.  College career high 17 and 10 on USM circa 1996.

8. Blount runs on field after White OT touchdown

7. Dropped 38 and 16 on Malden Catholic circa 1994.

6. Kid # 2 born (girl)

5. Got married to wife.

4.  “Anything is possiblllllllllle.”

3. “Intercepted at the goal line by Malcolm Butler. Unreal”

2. Kid # 1 born (boy)

1.  “choosing to be introduced as a team.”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Did that come out today? Hasn’t most of the snow melted in the last 5 days? Better yet has LJ even been outside the last 5 days? What’s up with the egg-shaped dude chasing that lady?

chicowalker
    Participant

You played college ball?  Where?

BSF34
    Participant

CAHF played for Polk High?

Wait, what?

Feejis
    Participant

You played college ball? Where?

St. Copious of uh, Northern….

BSF34
    Participant

Did that come out today? Hasn’t most of the snow melted in the last 5 days? Better yet has LJ even been outside the last 5 days? What’s up with the egg-shaped dude chasing that lady?

Or the guy sitting on the diving board who appears to be wearing a headband on his right thigh and nothing else?

Wait, what?

chicowalker
    Participant

twitter makes you sign in to read people’s tweets now?  Not going to force my hand, jerks.  I think Zerowalls died anyway

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Illustrious Division 18 powerhouse Bowdoin. Played is a relative term. Also, not sure if you are making fun of me because I’ve referenced it too many times over the years.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Illustrious Division 18 powerhouse Bowdoin. Played is a relative term. Also, not sure if you are making fun of me because I’ve referenced it too many times over the years.

Dale Arnold’s alma mater?  (Nathaniel Hawthorne’s, too, but …)

InThisTown
    Participant

Chico’s Board Blindspots is a recurring thing that comes up a couple times every year.  :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

(BSMW historians scramble to the Bowdoin photo archives for players with high top fades)

Claude45
    Participant

That Patriots SB52 is quite the twitter cvnto. Calling Hightower money grubbing and threatening him with Cleveland if he doesn’t take less money. I love these people that have no problem spending the teams or players money. Hey dickhead, there’s a lot of cash involved, let the adults handle their own business.

Claude45
    Participant

On the other hand, the Steelers paid Bell $4 millon a year more than the next highest RB. That seems excessive but they’re the best in player personnel game so I’m sure it’s fine.

chicowalker
    Participant

not at all, my memory is shit these days

Participant

Ortiz’s book ghost written by Death Ca, SAD.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Belichick says, “You can’t be afraid of free agency.”

Shrieking fanbase ignores coach’s advice; does precise opposite.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Your references to you basketball career will always be new to ITT at least.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Claude45
    Participant

Ortiz’s book ghost written by Death Ca, SAD.

Then it will be short, information free and unremarkable.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Waiting for Dino’s outrage regarding HBO Real Sports misrepresenting the news story about cockfighting! Nobody cares about roosters.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Death Cat writing Ortiz’ retirement book is an advantage, means Ortiz’ retirement is gonna die, he’ll be back by August

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I think today’s scribblework is all original, but obviously he’s recycled this tired theme before. I want to tell him this in the Ordway sotto voice: Larry, nobody gives a flying fuck about sports reporters!

looking deeply, I’d psychoanalyze this as lj’s visual expression of (1.) longing to be regarded as a full-fledged Media Member (like Cwaig, Gewwy, Dan, and Dawle) and (2.) in turn, receive the benefits due Media Members, including respect from all commoners, free food and drink, and “working vacations.”

Simple, really. Like Catfish.

Mark
    Participant

Your references to you basketball career will always be new to ITT at least.

You’re working Regular Brian’s side of the street, Gimp.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

I realize the George Cain era pre-dates my existence here but he is the last guy that should be allowed to finger-wag someone else for having a “sky is falling” attitude.

Kevin
    Participant

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Is that Trenni and McAdam on the diving board?

Patrick Pass
    Participant

The list of people and entities that won the award Borges won is not, shall we say, short:

2016 APSE Contest: Complete results

No doubt selected by fellow media too.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The list of people and entities that won the award Borges won is not, shall we say, short: http://apsportseditors.com/2016-apse-contest-complete-results/

No doubt selected by fellow media too.

BSF34
    Participant

Jets release Revis.

Wait, what?

Lefty

Jets release Revis.

Revis +2.5 on release – PFF

Kevin
    Participant

Best Hottake Ever.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

This guy annoys the piss out of me:

What? Luck was 12-33 for 126 yards with 2 picks in the AFCCG, one by Revis. The Colts scored 7 points.

He’s Loyko level overrated (the poster I mean)

Tom Pepper
    Participant

This guy annoys the piss out of me:

What? Luck was 12-33 for 126 yards with 2 picks in the AFCCG, one by Revis. The Colts scored 7 points.

He’s Loyko level overrated (the poster I mean)

I figured his earlier tweet about Hightower would be the cuntiest of the day. Guess I was too quick to call it.

Coma
    Participant

Best Hottake Ever.

Showing he’s learned something in 2 years:

Do these people act like this in other aspects of their lives?

“Oh, a birthday cake? It’s probably undercooked and the frosting’s spoiled. I’m gonna end up with food poisoning and be in bed for 3 days.”

“Why should I go to that meeting? They’re just going to announce that our department is being outsourced or the company is folding.”

“New tires? Great. I’m going to get overcharged, then they’ll forget to put the lug nuts on and I’ll crash on the way home and die. Terrific.”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Coma.

Coma
    Participant

Jets release Revis.

Revis has got to be sweating a bit with that arrest business now. If he’s no longer with the Jets, there’s a real chance the commissioner suspends him.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Jets release Revis.

Revis has got to be sweating a bit with that arrest business now. If he’s no longer with the Jets, there’s a real chance the commissioner suspends him.

I will be stealing this either on Twitter or in conversation or both

jforb
    Participant

Jets release Revis.

Suppose there’s a dumb team out there that will pick him up even if he’s dun. That might be a more pressing worry though.

Jets release Revis.

Time for a “I wanna return home to Aliquippa” declaration by him. He’ll be protected from suspension as a Steeler.

Claude45
    Participant

This guy annoys the piss out of me: What? Luck was 12-33 for 126 yards with 2 picks in the AFCCG, one by Revis. The Colts scored 7 points. He’s Loyko level overrated (the poster I mean)

He’s so cocksure of his shitty opinions. Yes, Belichick paid $12 million dollars for 6 games. That guy is insufferable.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Best Hottake Ever.

This guy is confirmed ill:

:lol:

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar