Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 03/09/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 45 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 9 months ago.

Viewing 46 posts - 1 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Bruins, Celtics, Providence College win, Patriots losing the off-season, Wayne’s birthday not today, but Tuesday the 13th, Good Guy Rob Bradford twerpy on Twitter.

Awaiting proof of life from Chico Walker in NYC.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

Reminder that “Why does Jaylen Brown always go for the monster dunk, Mike?” was an early season Mazz taking point.

He warned us! :lol: Of course, it wasn’t about injury, it was about being too cocky.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Not for the first time this week, I j use heard an ad on EEI touting the Michael Holley and his drive time show on the station. Good job, good effort.

Kevin
    Participant

Not for the first time this week, I j use heard an ad on EEI touting the Michael Holley and his drive time show on the station. Good job, good effort.

They still run Awaken 180 ads with Dale claiming he’s keeping the weight off.

Hacksaw
    Participant

They still run Awaken 180 ads with Dale claiming he’s keeping the weight off.

You mean the other 10 weight loss companies he did ads for didn’t work him.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Taking a lap for screwing up Wayne’s birthday — but maybe Augie himself has forgotten it, too.   :pk:

jforb
    Participant

In truly shocking news, 7687 which is +8

Participant

The Annual Jerry Remy is Depressed column from Joe Fitz is as mfing tedious as truck day.

Bottom line according to Joe, “Jerry gets it, he’s one of US.”

:wall: :pk:

Suzy
    Participant

The Annual Jerry Remy is Depressed column from Joe Fitz is as mfing tedious as truck day. Bottom line according to Joe, “Jerry gets it, he’s one of US.” :wall: :pk:

If one of us brought up not one but three menaces to society including a murderer.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

A Joe Fitz column.

AKA “The Papal Bull”.

Participant

Why couldn’t this be a goddamn Mara or Rooney?

Cuban was drunk enough to be asked to leave  — and was “kind of gropey” with women he took photos with that evening.

Coma
    Participant

The Rams have (or will have, once the trades become official) Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib in their secondary. That sounds great if you were assembling a defense for your fantasy team and it could work out on the field in the upcoming season. On the other hand, the Rams have a second year head coach and will be dealing with high expectations for the first time in over a decade. If they stumble like the Raiders did last year (12 wins in 2016, 6 in 2017), it could be dueling banjos between Peters and Talib over who’s going to lose their temper and get into a shouting/shoving match with teammates/opposing players/coaches/each other.

Also, I was organizing some old magazines and came across the Sporting News NFL Preview issue from 9/3/2001. The last two sentences of the summary:

Yes, the Patriots have a relatively easy fifth-place schedule, but easy schedules only matter if you’re a good team. This is at best a 7-9 team that will struggle in a tough division. – Michael Felger

Feejis
    Participant

We’re all chipping in for that Smuttynose auction, right?

Brian
    Participant

Why couldn’t this be a goddamn Mara or Rooney? Cuban was drunk enough to be asked to leave — and was “kind of gropey” with women he took photos with that evening.

It’s poetic Karma, as far as I’m concerned. He was a pathetic A-hole throughout the election,

chicowalker
    Participant

In one piece. Uri game at some sports bar. Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life :ohmy:   :blink:

RedSeat
    Participant

In one piece. Uri game at some sports bar. Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life :ohmy: :blink:

It’s poetic karma, as far as I’m concerned.

Beaker
    Participant

On next week’s Poetic Karma, Robert Frost gets trampled by his queer little horse. 

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Taking a lap for screwing up Wayne’s birthday — but maybe Augie himself has forgotten it, too. :pk:

We need to keep a Calendar of important BSMW events for 2018;

January 21 – Annual Patriots AFCCG Appearance & Thread

February 20 – Franchise Tag Slapping Eligibility period opens

February 28 – The Baseball Paper Anniversary Day

March 13 – Wayne’s Birthday

April 5 – Red Sox home opener

April 11 – Stanley Cup Playoffs begin

April 13 – First ‘Has Cora Lost The Clubhouse?’ Articles

April 21 – Albert Breer Menacing pinch anniversary

April 29 -Second Round of NFL Draft begins

May 15 – NBA Conference Finals Begin

May 24 – Memorial Day Weekend Mixtape Release

May 25 – Solo: A Star Wars Story release date

June 30 – Price/Eckersley Incident Remembrance Day

July 14 – BST&N/BSMW Crossover ‘Do you know who Hugh Millen was?’ Day

July 17 – Forget to watch the MLB All-Star Game Day

August 9 – Patriots Logo Polo Shirt Outrage Day

September 1 – Revs Game maybe?

September 23 – Mo Lewis Appreciation Day

October 20 – Head of the Charles Regatta opens

October 21 – Fenway Scaffolding Collapse Thread Day

October 29 – Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale Release Date, probably

November 13 – Jackie McMullan ‘Darkest Days’ Patriots prediction anniversar

December 12 – Sam Shaugnessy, Federal Employee of MLB, arrest date anniversary

& as yet unscheduled;

TBD – Boston Sports Journal Bankruptcy Announcement Date

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

Can I submit two nominations?

April 21st – Albert Breer Menacing pinch

December 12th – Shank Jr gets lugged

EDIT: I’ll show myself out and take a lap.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  02062.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

In one piece. Uri game at some sports bar. Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life :ohmy: :blink:

It’s poetic karma, as far as I’m concerned.

Sired by Instant Justice? If so, I like Poetic Karma to run well opening Day at Saratoga.

jforb
    Participant

10/21 Scaffolding Day
    7/14: Do you know who Hugh Millen was day?

On next week’s Poetic Karma, Robert Frost gets trampled by his queer little horse.

:lol:

This week, Dylan Thomas winces while shoving the hose into his muffler.

Participant

September 23rd – Mo Lewis Day

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The BSMW Calendar is a work in progress. Edits as they remain possible. WordPress!

Nick B
    Participant

The BSMW Calendar is a work in progress. Edits as they remain possible. WordPress!

somehow shanks needs to be here.

after the sox come back from 3-0 to win. he states that the curses isnt over

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

May I submit:

February 5 (approximate) — Florida-bound Red Sox equipment truck looted and set ablaze by joyous Patriots fans during duck boat parade celebration (aka “FUCK TRUCK DAY”)

Participant

Ricky Jean Francois hates his coach, coaches and the entire Organ-eye-zation  ;-)   :lol:

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/03/09/ricky-jean-francois-says-goodbye-to-the-patriots

Yahtzee
    Participant

October 8 – Merle’s Wife’s End-of-Season Poetry Jam

December 16 – IAWL viewing party

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I left out the Pumpkins For Pumpsie Dance in October.  :-(

Kevin
    Participant

April 16th- Belichick (and First String Kevin!)’s Birthday

GusChiggins
    Participant

Can’t reply to Chico’s post.

Strong RI crowd but definitely outnumbered by VCU. RI looked good. Multiple scoring options.

Saw John Feinstein on press row. If I left the house looking like that I’d be embarrassed.

Lebron
    Participant

October 15 – FlyKid Day

Participant

Wait, your telling me Roger is not a man of his word?

“Gastineau said he saw Goodell a year and a half ago at a game and the commissioner offered to help with anything he needed. Since then, Gastineau has tried reaching the former Jets public relations intern — whom he called “my ball boy” — to no avail.”

jforb
    Participant

I left out the Pumpkins For Pumpsie Dance in October. 🙁

Good /Yawkey

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Jarvis Landry traded to Browns for two picks. Not sure which picks.

Coma
    Participant

Jarvis Landry traded to Browns for two picks. Not sure which picks.

Probably the picks the Patriots could have had for Jimmy G if they just picked up the phone!

Unless it’s the Browns third second round pick (#64) and a late round pick next year. If that’s the case, then Cleveland “won” the deal.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Tyrod Taylor traded to the Browns for a 3rd round pick. Obviously the Pats got ripped off for Jimmy.

Humphrey
    Participant

November 26 Butt Fumble Day

jforb
    Participant

Is Polo Shirt Outrage Day also Patriot Place Dickstrator Day?

Lefty

Sean McDonough leaving MNF to go back to broadcasting college games.

Florian Hall has no comment

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Chico picked a great year to head to the tournament.

chicowalker
    Participant

I should not be alive

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Tyrod Taylor traded to the Browns for a 3rd round pick. Obviously the Pats got ripped off for Jimmy.

Top of the 3rd round is insane. Getting a placeholder QB is fine for the Browns but I wouldn’t have given more than a 6th for Taylor when similarly mediocre guys like the Minnesota trio, McCown, Glennon, Denver’s castoffs, and Foles are floating around.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Grayson Allen at it again.

Feejis
    Participant

Top of the 3rd round is insane. Getting a placeholder QB is fine for the Browns but I wouldn’t have given more than a 6th for Taylor when similarly mediocre guys like the Minnesota trio, McCown, Glennon, Denver’s castoffs, and Foles are floating around.

Yeah but you’ve got to convince those guys to come to Cleveland AND only to be a one year placeholder (most likely).

Tough sell.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Yeah but you’ve got to convince those guys to come to Cleveland AND only to be a one year placeholder (most likely). Tough sell.

Trevor Siemian has something better to do? Heck, get Mark Sanchez or Matt Cassel for peanuts to start. The job description is literally “be a warm body” until Darnold/Josh/Mayfield are ready.

Viewing 46 posts - 1 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar