Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 03/30-04/05/20 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

Carryover from previous thread:

The Gronkowski injury in 46 was devastating.  Had zero movement.  That was a weird game too in that the Giants dominated the early play, then the Patriots dominated the middle.  Then the Giants were able to get some things going there way again, as fucking usual.  I still remember that fumble sitting inside the Giants 10, maybe inside their 5.  Just sitting there for what seemed like all eternity.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I watched NBCSN’s replay of Game 7 of the Bruins-Leafs 2013 series last night, the late Dave Strader on the PBP. Very amusing to hear the ball-washing of the Leafs from about ten minutes into the first period to ten minutes left in the third. Then Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Bergeron. I only wish they’d split-screened it with the YouTube video of those Toronto fans watching from home.

EDIT: Horton, then Lucic … Bruins had trouble moving the puck out of their own end. Then, in the Rangers series, they added Krug. He made a big difference.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

I DVR’d the Cup winner in ’11 about a week ago, still gotta watch that one.  Then post the couple humping in the street jpg while the city burns.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Carryover from previous thread:

The Gronkowski injury in 46 was devastating. Had zero movement. That was a weird game too in that the Giants dominated the early play, then the Patriots dominated the middle. Then the Giants were able to get some things going there way again, as fucking usual. I still remember that fumble sitting inside the Giants 10, maybe inside their 5. Just sitting there for what seemed like all eternity.

Bill tries to take away the first option and makes the 2nd and 3rd option beat you. It was in the third (I think) when the Giants completed some key passes to a fullback no one has ever thought about before or since that I got very pessimistic.

Brady set a record for completed passes in a row in that game and overcoming the bad start to get a lead at halftime seemed like a significant thing in the moment.

It’s so strange that they lost Brady’s statistically greatest Super Bowl performance vs. Philly and won his worst vs the Rams.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I DVR’d the Cup winner in ’11 about a week ago, still gotta watch that one. Then post the couple humping in the street jpg while the city burns.

Seth Rogen was on David Chang’s show and they were touring Vancouver and they showed the rioting (and couple making out). Rogen said that Vancouver is much better at rioting than at playing hockey. I had forgotten how insane that whole scene was.

Lebron
    Participant

Was the fullback Madison Hedgecock or something like that?

I felt great after the TD to Hernandez.  It was a total 180 on the Welker incompletion/drop.

Humphrey
    Participant

Is #17 the son of one of the Hansons?

Humphrey
    Participant

Was the fullback Madison Hedgecock or something like that?

I felt great after the TD to Hernandez. It was a total 180 on the Welker incompletion/drop.

Henry Fucking Hynoski, I believe.

The biggest kick in the balls with him is that he wasn’t even the best Henry Hynoski. His dad had a hell of a career for Temple in the early 70s; and they were actually a decent program then.

Coma
    Participant

How is the “Brady doesn’t trust new receivers” narrative going to survive now that he’s on a different team with all new receivers? Is Brady just going to throw the ball away on every pass attempt until the Buccaneers bring in a former Patriots RB/WR/TE?

Why doesn’t Bill Walsh’s legacy get downgraded since he never won without Joe Montana? His record before he made Montana the full time starter was 8-24. According to the mediots, this means his success was entirely due to his QB.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

That narrative will go away because now Brady finally has receivers like Godwin and Evans and a tight end in Howard.  Weapons!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I DVR’d the Cup winner in ’11 about a week ago, still gotta watch that one. Then post the couple humping in the street jpg while the city burns.

Vancouver Riot Couple Pic is in the Bunker for when you need it.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Big Fat O
    Participant

That narrative will go away because now Brady finally has receivers like Godwin and Evans and a tight end in Howard. Weapons!

They better get open quick since their O line is terrible and Brady will end up getting killed.

NASCL
    Participant

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Chic fil a is still open dope.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Imagine being quarantined with Joe? Isn’t his wife an NP or something? Probably volunteering for extra shifts.

rclane
    Participant

Imagine being quarantined with Joe? Isn’t his wife an NP or something? Probably volunteering for extra shifts.

She’s just running around licking doorknobs at this point.

jforb
    Participant

Principal scientist at a pharma company

Participant

Is being locked up with Joe for the duration worse than being locked up with say, Peter King?

Lefty

Is being locked up with Joe for the duration worse than being locked up with say, Peter King?

It depends – is Peter King doing a colon cleanse?

Lefty

Principal scientist at a pharma company

And Joe is a Marine Biologist.

Yahtzee
    Participant

During this thing, I’d much rather read his Twitter timeline than Callahan’s.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Idea about restarting the MLB season. Say the quarantine is lifted but there are still flare ups around. Governors are still prohibiting large crowds like baseball games. Also, constant travel would mean interacting with many more people while in transit. MLB decrees that they must play games with no crowds.

Would it make sense to start and play regular season games at spring training sites in FL and AZ? The first part of the season scheduled so no team has to fly to the different site. Grapefruit league teams play against one another, Cactus league teams play against one another. Midway through they switch to assuming they’ll be able to play at their home sites and make road trips, with or without crowds. Would that be more feasible than trying to return to business as usual?

Participant

This doesn’t end well for Clarence Beakes.

Lebron
    Participant

Baseball is probably the one sport that can’t really extend beyond when their season currently ends.   Season should start around the 4th of July, figuring the end of May you might be able to get guys together and train.  So around 70 games?  At least set an initial target.

Coma
    Participant

I didn’t know about the “#somegoodnews” campaign until I looked at Joe’s twitter feed and saw all the other posts he was retweeting. Other people were sharing birthday ideas, songs, jokes, and positive life events like a new baby or being cancer free. Joe’s contribution was that he found sauce packs in his fridge from a restaurant he can still go to. He would have been better off lining up his Star Wars figures.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar