Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 03/30-04/05/20 Weekly Thread

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

Saw that with Brady.  I have this dreadful feeling by the end of the interview I’ll hate him.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Brady renting Jeter’s house, wonder if that comes with the no cell phone policy.  As I recall, Jeter’s rule was if you entered his house he collected your mobile, handing it back to you when you leave.

BrianInLA
    Participant

How could anyone that could afford to rent Jeter’s house be able to afford being cell phone free for any length of time? Granted folks like us would probably love that idea.

Lebron
    Participant

Sorry I meant guests of Jeter while Jeter himself was living there, so say somebody coming over for dinner or watching a game.  Not if you live there renting from him.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I wonder if Brady or Gisele will discover Jeter’s secret cache of gift baskets.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

I wonder if Brady or Gisele will discover Jeter’s secret cache of gift baskets.

Any chance Gisele got one before?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

I just saw that Bruins reporter Marisa Ingemi was let go by the Herald about an hour ago. I know nothing of her writing, but I have a vague recollection of her having some dumb opinions on social media. It’s probably no great loss, but I’m left wondering why the Globe can’t do the same thing to Shank or Volin.

Volin, maybe, although that would probably make one of the full-time columnists a beat writer again.

I doubt Shank is in any jeopardy unless the paper folded.

How about gassing Kid Gas!

Hacksaw
    Participant

there has never been anything more satisfying to me than Opening Day at Fenway Park.”

the sunniest day no matter the weather, is the Fenway opener.”

I’ll never forget to cherish every moment of Opening Day, whenever it comes around again.

Cold, wet raining and a drunk John Dennis grabbing your ass.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

When you’re in the Globe for something good but you don’t want to subscribe to be able to read the article because Globe.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

EPL talking 30% pay cuts.  Some of these college football coaches are nutjobs.  The Mizzou coach all upset about Herbstreit saying he’s wondering whether they get the season in.  Dabo with the This Is Gonna End Real Soon acronym.  What fucking planet are these guys on?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Listening to Joe Buck on Simmons’ podcast. I don’t care for Joe Buck. Won’t make it to the end.

Lebron
    Participant

They slobber all over each other.  Buck really is the ultimate thanksdad, granted I always assumed it but I also heard him on Long’s podcast and he covered much of the same ground.   The guy was doing Cardinals pbp at what, like 21?  First World Series at 27.  Never put it together it was his call on ‘touch ’em all Mark!’ home run 62.  Never liked that call.  No way anyone that isn’t Jack Buck’s kid lands those gigs.   Yet for some reason I still don’t hate his game calling of 51.

Pained me to hear Vedder praise Simmons’s work at the end of that podcast last week.  Mentioned some podcast with William Goldman, and I think one other thing.

Coma
    Participant

Almost A Coach is currently involved in a twitter spat while supporting Rex Ryan’s assertion that Amari Cooper is a turd. Bedard claims that Cooper is a quitter and implying you don’t need a top 10 receiver to win a Super Bowl. I could be wrong, but I’ve got to believe there’s evidence out there of Bedard blasting the Patriots for not securing a big name, best in the league-type WR1. Today, though, he doesn’t think you need one.

Lebron
    Participant

That’s rich, Bedard calling someone a quitter.  LVRJ would like a word.

jforb
    Participant

Did he quit LVJR? I assumed they realized how much he sucked and let him go.

Also just noticed he finally went over 100 new subscribers for the year, 3 months in.

Humphrey
    Participant

Something I didn’t know- Manning’s tv show had Dan Marino on it. Showed his famous fake spike against the Jets, of course.

Then, it showed Peyton making a fake spike against the Saints and running for a TD….except the referee himself got faked out and blew the play dead.

The boob referee? Why, Jeff Triplette of course!

Lebron
    Participant

I thought the one he did with Brady was good, hitting the golf balls off Nantz’s house.  Nantz changing his password to ‘forehead’ or whatever was funny.

Manning gave blood at the local children’s hospital today.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Let’s see. Lakers vs Celtics game 7 from 2010 or the Packers/Steelers Super Bowl from 2013.  Nope.  MLB 2015 all star game? 2019 PGA Valero championship? Come on guys. Is this really the best you can do? The ‘82 US Festival is currently the leader in the clubhouse on AXS.  Bono really rocked that early 80s mullet.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar