Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 03/01/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 127 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Pepper 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 101 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Basically, “I didn’t play enough snaps to want to come back”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Yes, but did he raise any funds or awareness?

I am slightly more aware of hot dogs than I otherwise would be.

Lebron
    Participant

Ask anyone in food service and they’ll tell you the Sunday church crowd are terrible tippers. The worst by a significant margin.

With a Mr. Pink I expect my coffee to be refilled at least 7 times! expectation level for maybe 10%.   That’s why you drink as much draft beer as you can handle the night before your shift, cropdust that motherfucker.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

No issues with Long at all, but what’s his expectation at this point in his career?

Kevin
    Participant

No issues with Long at all, but what’s his expectation at this point in his career?

Was surprised to see he’s only 31. I guess I assumed he was like 34-35.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Bruins get Drew Stafford for conditional 6th

Lebron
    Participant

He hasn’t been an every game starter, granted he had some injuries, for the last few years.  I can’t see anyone signing him for anything other than depth.

Kevin
    Participant

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Smoking gun had an interview with that ‘pastor’, bunch of kids, runs a ‘church’ out of a storefront that less than 20 people attend

Feejis
    Participant

Wasn’t Brunnell one of those dopes that also tithed 10% – 20% off his NFL salary to his church? Probably pissed away enough scratch just there for a relatively comfortable life.

Brunnell’s check receipt from the last time he dined out?

Because God didn’t have to serve your sorry ass food.

I like how they think they give God 10%. No, you give your church the 10%. “What does God need with a starship 10% of your money?”

Globe Magazine ran an article recently about a single mom who is intentionally living above her means in order to try to give her kids a better life. She’s paycheck to paycheck with no savings but gives 10% to her church.

Seems crazy but the story also said she had to borrow money from friends (church members presumably) years ago when times were tough so there’s that whole community thing I suppose.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I imagine he’d rather play 60% of the snaps for the Browns rather than 20% of the snaps for the Patriots.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Golden Corral must’ve been closed so they went to Applebees

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

David Ross is doing “Dancing with the Stars”? :blink:   :blink:

Hacksaw
    Participant

David Ross is doing “Dancing with the Stars”? :blink: :blink:

Tom Werner is pissed Ross didn’t volunteer to do the NESN knock off version they were planning.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Participant

Dancing with the Fenway Stars featuring:

Lenny Clarke, Mike O’Malley, Mike Barnicle, Mindy Kaling, Joan Venocchi, Denny Drinkwater, Xxx Xxxxx, Linda Pizutti-Henry-Bieber, Annie Finucane, Stephen King and Kenny Burns.

Participant

Where does the money come from?

I live next to silver line on Congress and my rent is $4,700. What a deal.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Dancing with the Fenway Stars featuring: Lenny Clarke, Mike O’Malley, Mike Barnicle, Mindy Kaling, Joan Venocchi, Denny Drinkwater, Xxx Xxxxx, Linda Pizutti-Henry-Bieber, Annie Finucane, Stephen King and Kenny Burns.

Don’t forget Wally the Green Monster.

Lebron
    Participant

TEC has a tweet about joining his competitive flag football league/team.  Made me think of old friend Midnight Oil

Tommyfw
    Participant

Apropos of nothing, here are highlights of the Jags’ 62-7 trouncing of the Dolphins in the playoffs in 2000, sending Jimmy Johnson and Marino packing forever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C82M9uwX81M I had forgotten all about the details of this game. Mind boggling.

Boxscore

Boxscore’s dead.  Mark killed him.  Fertilizer.  Circle of life.

Feejis
    Participant

Also Drew Stafford stinks this year.

But he is still an upgrade over Hayes.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

He played 140 games in the NFL but none with the Pats. They signed him in 2012 but he got hurt in camp and his career was over.

BSF34
    Participant

Participant

Dancing with the Fenway Stars featuring: Lenny Clarke, Mike O’Malley, Mike Barnicle, Mindy Kaling, Joan Venocchi, Denny Drinkwater, Xxx Xxxxx, Linda Pizutti-Henry-Bieber, Annie Finucane, Stephen King and Kenny Burns.

Don’t forget Wally the Green Monster.

Dottie Goodwin has to be included as well.

Participant

Guess what, YOUR van got the boot because YOU are a deadbeat and didn’t pay your tickets Tony.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Something I did not realize: Revis gets at least $6mil from the Jets this year. He would have to sign a contract of over that to get even a dollar more than what he’d get from the Jets from sitting on his butt all year.

He’s 100% staying home this year. Unless he’s going to jail.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Tommy is a great guilty pleasure.

LeBron is a whiny little big fvcker.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Yahtzee.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Good dubya.

Viewing 28 posts - 101 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar