Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 04/03/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 65 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Coach Betard thought people would pay for local coverage but nothing he’s doing is any different than what we hear and read. He goes on the radio and just shits on the best coach and team and I’m suppose to pay for that?

On Patsfans, back in 2014-15, there used to be a weekly thread where Bedard would go with Felger and Mazz and dispute their negative BS and made up storylines. You have to take the premise with a large chunk of salt because Bedard has never been part of the mysterious Patriots Media Cartel, but Greg would actually argue with the 2 dummies. The threads stopped because he started thinking like and agreeing with the crap on 98.5. It’s a sign of how arrogant Almost-A-Coach is that he thought people would pay for the “insight” they could get for free on the radio. If he actually tried to be different, then he might have had a chance.

Ironhead
    Participant

“From The Wet Blanket Of Reason to The Wet Blanket In Red Ink:  A Hyperlocal Fall From Grace.”

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Whoa!

Claude45
    Participant

My guess would be that they weren’t going to pay him next year after what WRs got this offseason. Cue the “they got more for cooks than jimmy hottakez”.

I meant pay him after the 2018 season.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Claude45.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Claude45.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Bill loading up for one last season before retiring!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Coma
    Participant

Bill loading up for one last season before retiring taking the Giants job!

Lebron
    Participant

Funny, I don’t recall Pete predicting that trade…

3 picks in the first 6 rounds?

BrianInLA
    Participant

The rams are taking the Dodgers approach to collecting “big namezzzzz”

BrianInLA
    Participant

Now all the fans bitching about Cooks being a bust will bitch about Bill trading him.

Lefty

Clearing some cap space to extend a contract?  Gronk?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Even if they fired Shank today I’d still work around the Globe’s pay-wall. You can’t forget the fact that they gave that turd a platform for decades.

Not simply a platform. That’s for the Joan Venocchi and Jeff Jacoby’s of this world. Two iterations of Globe leadership made a conscious decision to elevate and promote Shank. Football, baseball, basketball or hockey team in the playoffs? The big page one story is Dan Shaughnessy — and those two words are in bigger, bolder type than anything on the page that doesn’t say “The Boston Globe.”   Previews of said playoff match-ups? Not complete until Dan is featured in his timeless “[city] has …. / Boston has ” lists of wit and insight. Dan elected to the Hall Down the Hall and then Across the Hall from the Boys in the Hall Hall of Fame? Stop the presses! Westminster Collectibles issue heirloom quality Shaughnessy memorabilia!

Unshamed. Unedited. Untamed. Unappealing. The Globe made him a star. Now they can sit on the points.

Boy, as gif it looks even worse:

I liked Cooks. But yeah, it’s the program: one year on the cheap, get production, trade him before you have to pay him, and get good comp for him.

What left tackles will be available at 23?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Too bad Cooks got his bell rung in the Soupey; maybe the Pats would have prevailed.   :-(

In the mean-and-not-for-everyone (or perhaps anyone) department, I wonder whether cell-phone video of the YouTube shooting has been posted yet on YouTube.   :ohmy:   :dry:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Negativity sells in this town but no one is going to pay for it. You might subscribe to the Globe but wouldn’t pay extra for Shank.

No one expects all positive talk or articles but if you moved here from another country you would think B.B. is the dumbest coach ever.

Feejis
    Participant

Now all the fans bitching about Cooks being a bust will bitch about Bill trading him.

Traded too much for him, didn’t get enough back for him.

Uh, they got more back than they traded.

Ok fanboy.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Even if they fired Shank today I’d still work around the Globe’s pay-wall. You can’t forget the fact that they gave that turd a platform for decades.

Bingo. To the point where the clown goes on national TV as an “expert” on this region’s sports and fans. :wall:

Stealing Barnicle’s gig.

:weei:

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar