Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 04/05/2018 Daily Thread Fenway Home Opener

This topic contains 51 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Ironhead 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Baseball returns to Lyric Little Bandbox, Danny.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

Nothing more than feelings…. “This season does feel different from last in all the right ways, already.”

#PrayForEck “His elbow was barking, fans were barking at him, and he was caught barking at a Hall of Famer pitcher on a team flight. It was a mostly lost, mostly lousy season for a pitcher whose outsized salary will always dog him.”

And we in the media will tell you what is and isn’t fulfilling. “Last year was a winning season for the Red Sox. This one has a chance to be fulfilling. ”

Wo, wo, wo feelings…. “Like most developments with this team so far, it just feels right.”

You can see it or you could not see it – it’s stealth fun apparently  “What the Sox need to do is what they want you to do: Have fun. Not just hey-we-just-won-and-isn’t-that-fun fun, but the kind of passion, camaraderie, joie de vivre, that you can see, or not see if it ain’t there, from the very last row of the center-field bleachers.”

Joy or Jaundice new this fall on AMC “Like it or not, the talented lefty runs the Red Sox clubhouse and has it in his power to bring 1) joy, or 2) jaundice, to this season. Based on his easy, carefree demeanor during spring training and his willingness to engage in daily, impromptu gabfests with the writers, he appears to have chosen Door No. 1.”

David Price acknowledged ME, a fan! “Price will then be asked about that after the game; if he reaches back out to the fans by acknowledging the applause, it’ll be a promising sign.”

I haven’t slept since “You’ll recall how last autumn, during the Sox’ Division Series belly flop against the Houston Astros, Price pitched superbly in relief, was cheered wildly, and then, speaking postgame, was unable or unwilling to extend an olive branch to the fans.”

Who kept them from doing that last year?  I bet it was the Eck/Airplane incident “The veteran players, from Price on down, need to let the kids be kids.”

Beaker
    Participant

Baseball returns to Lyric Little Bandbox, Danny.

The chill wind is no match for the warmth in our hearts. Let’s play two.

Feejis
    Participant

Everyone assumes the Pats will snag a QB early and that’s exactly why I assume they won’t.

I definitely don’t see them taking Jackson and his 55% completion percentage

:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

I no longer care about baseball, but I’ll root for the Sox out of spite.  Mazz and Murray (and to a lesser extent the cat-fucking wrestling fan) seemed pissed yesterday that the Sox had the temerity to win a game they should have lost, to an inferior opponent

Kevin
    Participant

I really want to think that Upton is in on the joke. 😆

Hacksaw
    Participant

Does Dick Flavor have an Opening Day  poem for the Sox fans?

chicowalker
    Participant

Got a text from a painter we may hire and they said they get a good discount at “Ben Moore” :lol:

jforb
    Participant

I really want to think that Upton is in on the joke. 😆

There was a joke?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Is John Dennis Goes to Rehab Day celebrated on Opening Day or the actual anniversary?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Kevin
    Participant

Does Dick Flavor have an Opening Day poem for the Sox fans?

The season is long, it’s surely a grind,
    This lineup will give opposing pitchers heck!
    But first and foremost, keep in mind,
    Never again disrespect the Eck!

Kevin
    Participant

Got a text from a painter we may hire and they said they get a good discount at “Ben Moore” 😆

Wonder if Barnicle has ever done some angling with Chaz Moore?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Nothing more than feelings…. “This season does feel different from last in all the right ways, already.” #PrayForEck “His elbow was barking, fans were barking at him, and he was caught barking at a Hall of Famer pitcher on a team flight. It was a mostly lost, mostly lousy season for a pitcher whose outsized salary will always dog him.” And we in the media will tell you what is and isn’t fulfilling. “Last year was a winning season for the Red Sox. This one has a chance to be fulfilling. ” Wo, wo, wo feelings…. “Like most developments with this team so far, it just feels right.” You can see it or you could not see it – it’s stealth fun apparently “What the Sox need to do is what they want you to do: Have fun. Not just hey-we-just-won-and-isn’t-that-fun fun, but the kind of passion, camaraderie, joie de vivre, that you can see, or not see if it ain’t there, from the very last row of the center-field bleachers.”

Joy or Jaundice new this fall on AMC “Like it or not, the talented lefty runs the Red Sox clubhouse and has it in his power to bring 1) joy, or 2) jaundice, to this season. Based on his easy, carefree demeanor during spring training and his willingness to engage in daily, impromptu gabfests with the writers, he appears to have chosen Door No. 1.” David Price acknowledged ME, a fan! “Price will then be asked about that after the game; if he reaches back out to the fans by acknowledging the applause, it’ll be a promising sign.” I haven’t slept since “You’ll recall how last autumn, during the Sox’ Division Series belly flop against the Houston Astros, Price pitched superbly in relief, was cheered wildly, and then, speaking postgame, was unable or unwilling to extend an olive branch to the fans.” Who kept them from doing that last year? I bet it was the Eck/Airplane incident “The veteran players, from Price on down, need to let the kids be kids.”

I can’t imagine ever typing any of that stuff. Mind blowing in its awfulness.

GusChiggins
    Participant

The quote function is a mess.

Suzy
    Participant

Nothing more than feelings…. “This season does feel different from last in all the right ways, already.” #PrayForEck “His elbow was barking, fans were barking at him, and he was caught barking at a Hall of Famer pitcher on a team flight. It was a mostly lost, mostly lousy season for a pitcher whose outsized salary will always dog him.” And we in the media will tell you what is and isn’t fulfilling. “Last year was a winning season for the Red Sox. This one has a chance to be fulfilling. ” Wo, wo, wo feelings…. “Like most developments with this team so far, it just feels right.” You can see it or you could not see it – it’s stealth fun apparently “What the Sox need to do is what they want you to do: Have fun. Not just hey-we-just-won-and-isn’t-that-fun fun, but the kind of passion, camaraderie, joie de vivre, that you can see, or not see if it ain’t there, from the very last row of the center-field bleachers.” Joy or Jaundice new this fall on AMC “Like it or not, the talented lefty runs the Red Sox clubhouse and has it in his power to bring 1) joy, or 2) jaundice, to this season. Based on his easy, carefree demeanor during spring training and his willingness to engage in daily, impromptu gabfests with the writers, he appears to have chosen Door No. 1.” David Price acknowledged ME, a fan! “Price will then be asked about that after the game; if he reaches back out to the fans by acknowledging the applause, it’ll be a promising sign.” I haven’t slept since “You’ll recall how last autumn, during the Sox’ Division Series belly flop against the Houston Astros, Price pitched superbly in relief, was cheered wildly, and then, speaking postgame, was unable or unwilling to extend an olive branch to the fans.” Who kept them from doing that last year? I bet it was the Eck/Airplane incident “The veteran players, from Price on down, need to let the kids be kids.”

Are you fucking kidding me?

chicowalker
    Participant

who is that, Buckley?

BSF34
    Participant

The quote function is a mess.

Some people just don’t know what they’re doing. </Brian_neenerneener>

Wait, what?

Participant

Chico, the 1st four are from Finn, the rest are Buckley.

Participant

Even by LJ standards this is really lazy.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Got a text from a painter we may hire and they said they get a good discount at “Ben Moore” 😆

Wonder if Barnicle has ever done some angling with Chaz Moore?

I think he did once and  Trips H was with them.

Kevin
    Participant

So they’re underselling Bedard by $1.50 a month? 😆

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Jayson Stark is has a 40% offer.

My agenda is truth.

Lebron
    Participant

I was hoping Jayson Stark was reduced to cleaning toilets.  I loathe that guy.

Feejis
    Participant

Stark must get a cut of anyone who signs up through that link.

Barking for sportswriters. Awesome.

jforb
    Participant

Had a joke about getting 40% more signups than today’s +9 for 7958 but I don’t feel like doing the correct math to make sure the money comes out ahead. I’m certain they got more though.

Lebron
    Participant

Wojnarowski reporting Irving done for the season/playoffs.

chicowalker
    Participant

Kyrie out for the playoffs :ozzy:

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol:

Ironhead
    Participant

I was told hyperlocally that he wouldn’t miss any playoff games.

chicowalker
    Participant

If SMart is back I think they can still get to the ECF.  The prospect of beating Cleveland with Kyrie doing that sly grin/clap on the bench… :smile:

Participant

I was told hyperlocally that he wouldn’t miss any playoff games.

I’m sure that the diagnosis without actually examining the patient was right at the time.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Man oh man NBA twitter is one big diseased unfunny cunt

Claude45
    Participant

You forgot repetitive.

Ironhead
    Participant

You forgot repetitive.

GusChiggins
    Participant

World_Wide_Wob is sooo funny!

BrianInLA
    Participant

Sergio pulling a Tin Cup right now. Never seen anything like it in real life.

Lebron
    Participant

Buddy texted me that he put 4 straight wedges into the drink?  That’s my move!

BrianInLA
    Participant

They weren’t bad shots. Just over spinning the wedge shots.  Made a 13 on the hole.  Worst part is that after missing the cut tomorrow he can’t  leave because he has to present the jacket to the winner.

chicowalker
    Participant

How does the cut work in golf, is it based on your score after two rounds or is it X number of golfers, regardless of score?

I’m the opposite of the “If Tiger’s in it on sunday!” guy.  If he’s close to missing the cut, I’m riveted paying slight attention

BrianInLA
    Participant

Another fucking earthquake.  Randy Newman’s can eat it.

Participant

How does the cut work in golf, is it based on your score after two rounds or is it X number of golfers, regardless of score? I’m the opposite of the “If Tiger’s in it on sunday!” guy. If he’s close to missing the cut, I’m riveted paying slight attention

This is how the masters does it Chico.

• Following the second round, golfers with the low 50 scores, plus ties, plus any golfer within 10 strokes of the lead, advance to play the final two rounds.

I thought I saw somewhere that on avg. you need to be under 148 combined for the 1st two rounds but I couldn’t find that anywhere.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Lifted from another board:

My agenda is truth.

BrianInLA
    Participant

It’s almost as if the people in charge there have no idea what they’re doing.   :dry:   :lol:

rclane
    Participant

Everything about Tom Rinaldi is fucking creepy.

Claude45
    Participant

You forgot repetitive.

Repetitive repetitive.

I’m sure once Greeny hits his stride, the sky’s the limit for those ratings.

jforb
    Participant

What would a good rating for that timeslot be?

Lebron
    Participant

I saw that Beadle and Jalen Rose were still doing NBA Countdown, so they’ve moved that show from LA to New York to accommodate 2 of the hosts having to be non NY for their morning show.  I was trying to find out what they did with the studio for Greenberg/Golic as I think they invested in that a few years ago when they were going to originally move that show to NY but then bagged it when it got too pricey.  Couldn’t find anything on it.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

What would a good rating for that timeslot be?

Last year the 7 AM Sportscenter got 339,000 viewers. Link

I don’t know what .20 equals in number of viewers, though. Is 1.0 a million? Not sure from what I read quickly (it might be 1% of households)

[EDIT] Fixed last years numbers.
    [EDIT] I think a .2 would be about 239,000 households.

My agenda is truth.

Coma
    Participant

Everyone assumes the Pats will snag a QB early and that’s exactly why I assume they won’t. I definitely don’t see them taking Jackson and his 55% completion percentage

Are these the same people who believe that Jimmy G is guaranteed to be a 10 year, pro bowl level starter and, depending on their rooting interest, are disappointed that the Patriots let the heir to Brady get away or happy because the Patriots have no replacement for Brady? These folks apparently forgot that Garoppolo was the 62nd pick of the draft. If there’s a QB the Patriots like, they can find him somewhere other than at the top of the first round.

On the topic of mock draft silliness, I saw a mock from Pete Prisco today, which was updated to reflect the Cooks’ trade and the Patriots now having the 23rd pick. In his previous mock draft, Prisco had the Patriots selecting OT Kolton Miller at #31. In his latest effort, Prisco has the Patriots selecting OT Kolton Miller at #23. With the 31st pick, he has them taking DT Taven Bryan from Florida. Prior to that, Bryan was going to Atlanta at #26. No explanation about why New England wouldn’t take someone else at 23 and then grab Miller at 31 where Pete had previously slotted him. No reasoning behind why Atlanta changed their mind on a player that would still be available to them. Prisco did work in 2 mock trades, so he’s got that going for him

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar