Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 04/09/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 63 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Celtics? Undermanned.

Red Sox? Unsustainable.

Bruins? Playoffs start vs the Leafs.

Wrestlemania? You tell me.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

Kirk and Gerry: unlistenable

Reimer:
    On “The Herd” this week, Cowherd laid out Belichick’s alleged devious plan. Cowherd introduced his seemingly inane hypothesis by flouting his connections around the league. He claims to be in regular contact with roughly “40 NFL sources” and dined recently with an NFL general manager (wow)! Apparently, breaking bread with a GM is the only thing required to read into Belichick’s mind.
    “Flouting” his connections? Way to English, Cub Reporter.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Bayless-level stupidity

Participant

Oh boy, Roger does it again.

“We’ll have sections all over the stadium for all 32 teams, and it’ll be like a competition between all the teams and their fans.”

Look in a mirror fatso, you are part of the reason “we” got to this point.

I think, while I’m on my 60-year-old-man riff, what’s up with “uniform launch parties” or “uniform unveilings?” I see the Jaguars are having one April 19, on the heels of the Titans drawing 20,000 for theirs last week. I don’t get the unveiling of uniforms being a news event. How did we get to this point

One’s a failure and one just won the Masters – lots in common there Peter – oh wait, they are both portly.

“Anyone see a little of a Greg Bedard look in Patrick Reed? Pretty gutsy of Reed, hanging on after Jordan Spieth nearly had the comeback of the year.”

+

chicowalker
    Participant

It’s Gil Brandt’s world, and we’re all living in it

This is going to be the most talked-about draft in history. 

There were 7 HoF drafted in 1983, and that draft also included non HoF Roger Craig, Henry Ellard, Dave Duerson, Karl Mecklenburg, etc

chicowalker
    Participant

Oh Canada, we admire how you’ve handled the worst day in so many of your citizens’ lives.

Horrible story obviously, but Fatty writing it like the start of their anthem really bugs me.  Being clever when writing about a bunch of kids dying is unnecessary.  Attempting to be clever and failing in the same situation is ghoulishly tone deaf

Kevin
    Participant

Gerry was super close to giving Patrick Reed the “MAGGOT!” standing today.

Imagine giving a shit about that?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

(rubs hands together)

“8-8; here we come!”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

What an asshole

Curly Lambeau was born 120 years ago today in Green Bay.

Curly Lambeau played for Knute Rockne at Notre Dame 100 years ago this year.

So, Curly Lambeau played college football at age 20? Like, um, every other fucking college football player in history? Fascinating :weei:

jforb
    Participant

+2 (7984)
    DK weekly comparison: 38451 (-12) but +31 lifetime (now 446)

chicowalker
    Participant

Jesus, Fatty is such a rube.  He treats the guy from the Faroe islands who wrote to his mailbag like one of these people

He speaks English and gets NFL ticket! I wonder if he has fire and hand tools as well

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  chicowalker.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by  chicowalker.

Ladies and gentlemen,  I’m just a caveman. Your most ubiquitous football writer frightens and confuses me!

InThisTown
    Participant

Jesus, Fatty is such a rube. He treats the guy from the Faroe islands who wrote to his mailbag like one of these people He speaks English and gets NFL ticket! I wonder if he has fire and hand tools as well

Now “faroe” does that come from the card game or the Egyptians?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Gerry was super close to giving Patrick Reed the “MAGGOT!” standing today. Imagine giving a shit about that?

Was Fax on today or because Dino is not on anymore they don’t have Fax on.*

* Please note I stopped listening to Sports Radio once James White scored the Touchdown against the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

jforb
    Participant

There is no word on what happened yet, but the truck, with a load of Canadian peat, hit the bus and tore it apart.

I actually was going to ask who cares about the contents, but if there is no word on what happened, why is the rest of the sentence saying what happened?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Oh Canada, we admire how you’ve handled the worst day in so many of your citizens’ lives. Horrible story obviously, but Fatty writing it like the start of their anthem really bugs me. Being clever when writing about a bunch of kids dying is unnecessary. Attempting to be clever and failing in the same situation is ghoulishly tone deaf

No one does ghoulishly tone deaf better than Fatty.

Participant

Jesus, Fatty is such a rube. He treats the guy from the Faroe islands who wrote to his mailbag like one of these people He speaks English and gets NFL ticket! I wonder if he has fire and hand tools as well

It all goes back to the 10 commandments….

See the source image

Kingasaurus
    Participant

That Hounds-and-Jackals cribbage they were playing was bad ass.

Related image

Hacksaw
    Participant

It all goes back to the 10 commandments…. See the source image

My lawyer always tells me to plead the 5th Commandment.

NASCL
    Participant

Bleep the Bruins fans, especially Joe Gill, who ignore the Bruins unexpected very good regular season and are complaining about last night’s loss.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Oh boy, Roger does it again. “We’ll have sections all over the stadium for all 32 teams, and it’ll be like a competition between all the teams and their fans.” Look in a mirror fatso, you are part of the reason “we” got to this point. ”

I’m not following. What sort of sections?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m as much of a Masters fagola as anyone . . . but Simmons this year (and Curt this morning) cured me forever of wanting to hear another person talk about how great their experience was attending in person.

The worst.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Gerry was super close to giving Patrick Reed the “MAGGOT!” standing today. Imagine giving a shit about that?

What did Reed do to Callahole other than not being a clean cut young man?

The first person to congratulate Reed was Bubba and we know Callahole doesn’t like the good ole boys.

Guregian:

At one point early last season, the Hoodie chastised Gronk in front of the players for being a TB12 client, according to a source. So maybe that was Belichick’s not-so-subtle way of trying to keep everyone from jumping ship on the team’s training staff.

I’m trying to figure where the truth is with the “Trouble in Foxboro” stories. I trust Curran, and so do believe things aren’t all rosy. But it’s a business, so it’s not supposed to be. There’s no way it rises to the level of Wickersham’s wish fulfillment-fueled unbridled speculation. I just want to know if there’s enough there to actually cause distraction. Belichick has overcome worse.

TEC followup:

Coma
    Participant

TEC followup:

If Parcells had done that and punctuated it with “I’ve never seen a resistance band catch a ball,” everyone would think it was hilarious and point to this as an example of Parcells knowing which buttons to press to motivate a player.

Lebron
    Participant

Although I do take Gerry as a good barometer of the average Augusta member so if the tournament winner draws that kind of ire I at least get a kick out of that.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If Parcells had done that and punctuated it with “I’ve never seen a resistance band catch a ball,” everyone would think it was hilarious and point to this as an example of Parcells knowing which buttons to press to motivate a player.

Absolutely. Gronk wasn’t just drafted, either. He’s been here and he knows every player gets shit on, no matter how talented. If something like that actually pissed him off, it makes him look mentally fragile and unable to let hard coaching roll off his back.

Participant

TEC followup:

#WeAreAllSimone #BostonSportsTonight

See the source image

Lebron
    Participant

I hope Bill at least finished his Gronk tirade with a Jessup What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your plyometric faggoty resistance balls and extend me some fucking courtesy!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Stage Dad Gordie Gronkowski the source?

Claude45
    Participant

It looks like things are going well at Get Up! Below from Barstool. It’s a complete disaster but to their credit, they have more viewers than I personally expected. I couldn’t imagine there would 20,000 people who would decide to watch on purpose so 283k is stunning. So there is  that. Never mind coke, Skipper must have been on meth to think this was a good idea.

Big Lead – It’s unclear what would have been the benchmark for success for Get Up from a first week ratings perspective, but the first three days of ratings for the new ESPN morning program with Mike Greenberg, Michelle Beadle, and Jalen Rose cannot be construed as anything other than a supreme disappointment.

The opening day viewership of 283,000 was down 12% versus Monday morning SportsCenter in April last year, according to John Ourand. Tuesday’s 243,000 viewers was down 25% year over year (according to Bob Seidman, last year’s SportsCenter on the same Tuesday in April averaged 323,000 viewers).

Outkick the CoverageHow many viewers did WokeCenter AM have?

It had only 283k viewers, which, I believe, makes it the lowest debut for a new ESPN show in the 21st century. …

Participant

Although I do take Gerry as a good barometer of the average Augusta member so if the tournament winner draws that kind of ire I at least get a kick out of that.

When Gerry and Kevin Cullen are on the same page….

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/04/09/the-troubled-truth-behind-masters-champ-far-more-revealing-than-packaged-pageantry/KkKi7l635MlJRo7s0vaIJM/story.html?s_campaign=bdc:globewell:trending&s_campaign=bdc:globewell:trending

Major Intangibles
    Participant

TEC followup:

This lovely sentiment should be promulgated over the tweetwaves by the BSMW bot.

Lebron
    Participant

I like how the intrepid journos are trying to break Reed’s issues in college like it’s an exclusive investigative piece.  Even Golfwerx isn’t claiming dibs on breaking it.  And I don’t remember any of these assholes caring when he was winning Ryder Cup matches.

Suzy
    Participant

Oh Canada, we admire how you’ve handled the worst day in so many of your citizens’ lives. Horrible story obviously, but Fatty writing it like the start of their anthem really bugs me. Being clever when writing about a bunch of kids dying is unnecessary. Attempting to be clever and failing in the same situation is ghoulishly tone deaf

Well said, Chico. He’s the most tone-deaf, inappropriate asshole alive. And for all his posturing, he doesn’t care about anyone or anything  but his fat, talentless self. There’s  nothing good, kind, or selfless about him. Not one thing.

Such a fucking fraud in every way. I couldn’t hate him more.

Lebron
    Participant

It looks like things are going well at Get Up! Below from Barstool. It’s a complete disaster but to their credit, they have more viewers than I personally expected. I couldn’t imagine there would 20,000 people who would decide to watch on purpose so 283k is stunning. So there is that. Never mind coke, Skipper must have been on meth to think this was a good idea. Big Lead – It’s unclear what would have been the benchmark for success for Get Up from a first week ratings perspective, but the first three days of ratings for the new ESPN morning program with Mike Greenberg, Michelle Beadle, and Jalen Rose cannot be construed as anything other than a supreme disappointment. The opening day viewership of 283,000 was down 12% versus Monday morning SportsCenter in April last year, according to John Ourand. Tuesday’s 243,000 viewers was down 25% year over year (according to Bob Seidman, last year’s SportsCenter on the same Tuesday in April averaged 323,000 viewers). Outkick the CoverageHow many viewers did WokeCenter AM have? It had only 283k viewers, which, I believe, makes it the lowest debut for a new ESPN show in the 21st century. …

I saw Greenberg started wearing a sport coat on set, which is the typical move of the overpaid do nothing employee when the layoff rumors start swirling to look important.

Big Fat O
    Participant

When Gerry and Kevin Cullen are on the same page…. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/04/09/the-troubled-truth-behind-masters-champ-far-more-revealing-than-packaged-pageantry/KkKi7l635MlJRo7s0vaIJM/story.html?s_campaign=bdc:globewell:trending&s_campaign=bdc:globewell:trending

I never realized how perfect the media is.   According to Cullen CBS should have discussed all of the off course stuff because somehow that matters to fans watching a golf tournament.

This is written by the same group who would tell you that a media member getting pinched for DWI has nothing to do with how they report, but I’m suppose to look at Reed differently.

So now before you root for a player or team you need to look if they would pass the media’s morality test.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That Hounds-and-Jackals cribbage they were playing was bad ass.

Related image

“Fifteen-two, fifteen-four, fifteen-six, a pair is eight, and a run is a plague of frogs.”

BrianInLA
    Participant

I saw Greenberg started wearing a sport coat on set, which is the typical move of the overpaid do nothing employee when the layoff rumors start swirling to look important.

A move I became a pro at earlier in my life. Also, carrying around a ratty looking notebook with scribbles everywhere. Buys you at least 6 months to a year as people assume you either must be important or on a top secret project.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Reed DID have his parents and sister removed from the Masters a couple of years ago while he was playing. I can’t imagine how bad the relationship must be in that family to pull that stunt. Though I also have read his wife had a lot to do with that.

chicowalker
    Participant

A move I became a pro at earlier in my life. Also, carrying around a ratty looking notebook with scribbles everywhere. Buys you at least 6 months to a year as people assume you either must be important or on a top secret project.

“…peepees, and weewees..”

“not exactly, and with all due respect you know what it is this company does, correct?”

Lebron
    Participant

Reed DID have his parents and sister removed from the Masters a couple of years ago while he was playing. I can’t imagine how bad the relationship must be in that family to pull that stunt. Though I also have read his wife had a lot to do with that.

Never starts well when you ask your kid ‘are you sure you want to get married, and to her?’

BrianInLA
    Participant

Never starts well when you ask your kid ‘are you sure you want to get married, and to her?’

NOW you tell me. :ozzy: Exact words from my parents when I told them about both marriages.  :lol: Guess I should have deferred to their vast years of experience.

Supply your own Deflategate joke.

Lebron
    Participant

Where is dumbass Chris Ballard to remind me that the rivalry is back on?

Hacksaw
    Participant

After this weekend, Lord Al Hayes is an official HOFer.

Lebron
    Participant

After this weekend, Lord Al Hayes is an official HOFer.

Badstreet, GA must be moonwalking in the street.  Suck it Von Erichs!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar