Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 04/09/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 63 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author

BrianInLA
    Participant

After this weekend, Lord Al Hayes is an official HOFer.

Badstreet, GA must be moonwalking in the street. Suck it Von Erichs!

Wrong Hayes I believe. Freebird Michael vs Lord Al of WWF fame.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The hippie who moonwalks Mike Hayes was already in.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Hacksaw.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Supply your own Deflategate joke.

If a running back admitted that he still wasn’t making cuts well over a year after suffering serious knee injury folks would be flipping out and expecting the worst, yet everybody in Indy, to a man, seems to be A-OK with Lucks progress. :blink:

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah, was going for a joke there but didn’t stick it.

Lebron
    Participant

Supply your own Deflategate joke.

If a running back admitted that he still wasn’t making cuts well over a year after suffering serious knee injury folks would be flipping out and expecting the worst, yet everybody in Indy, to a man, seems to be A-OK with Lucks progress. :blink:

Like Jets fans with Chad Pennington.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was in a Masters pool and, at the last minute, submitted a 3rd entry.  That entry finished 1,349th out of 1,365. Keeping the day job.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I was in a Masters pool and, at the last minute, submitted a 3rd entry. That entry finished 1,349th out of 1,365. Keeping the day job.

Finished 344th out of 29,157 on a Draft Kings event. Only paid top 265. Granted it was a free play but in a norm tournament top 1% only pays about 5x entry fee which is silly. Thus the $20 event would have paid only $100 for that. My guys finished 1, 5, 5, 10, 28, 32. I don’t think I could do any better.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was in a Masters pool and, at the last minute, submitted a 3rd entry. That entry finished 1,349th out of 1,365. Keeping the day job.

Finished 344th out of 29,157 on a Draft Kings event. Only paid top 265. Granted it was a free play but in a norm tournament top 1% only pays about 5x entry fee which is silly. Thus the $20 event would have paid only $100 for that. My guys finished 1, 5, 5, 10, 28, 32. I don’t think I could do any better.

You picked Patrick Reed?  You’re a monster.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I had Reed AND Finau. I didn’t know Finau had removed and replaced his ankle wednesday night and tried to replace him thursday morning but it was too late by the time I logged in. Only about 2% of the people had him. Only 8% took Reed where 32% had Tiger on their team.

Humphrey
    Participant

All I remember about Lord Alfred was that he liked to pronounce success “SUCK-sess”.

Speaking of Suck, I’m still banned from posting in the Globe because I said one of Shank’s columns sucked.     That’s it, “sucked”.   Nothing about his face, hair, grey poupon or drunken son.   Nor did I threaten to stick a tomato can up his ass.

I guess at this point I should consider it a badge of honor; I emailed “contact us” and the assholes never replied.

Chief
    Participant

Jesus, Fatty is such a rube. He treats the guy from the Faroe islands who wrote to his mailbag like one of these people He speaks English and gets NFL ticket! I wonder if he has fire and hand tools as well

Why is he dragging Rory McIlroy into this?

Chief
    Participant

I like how the intrepid journos are trying to break Reed’s issues in college like it’s an exclusive investigative piece. Even Golfwerx isn’t claiming dibs on breaking it. And I don’t remember any of these assholes caring when he was winning Ryder Cup matches.

Yep.  Shane Ryan had all this in book, what, 4 years ago?   But it was pretty well ignored by the mainstream media/public, so I have no issue with Shipnuck’s story.  It’s not original, but it’s a relevant backstory.  I’m sorry that Kevin Cullen’s mackerel-snapper mores were upset.   I don’t hold my athletic heroes up for sainthood.   I just want them to perform when it counts.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Chief.

Coma
    Participant

PK’s reaction to a Faroe Island citizen being an NFL fan might have sounded timely in 2002, but it’s the usually tone deaf and condescending King in 2018.

I didn’t know this until I read his Ohio U commencement address on Friday, but PK worked in the Netherlands for a time. Granted, the Faroe Islands are really, really far away from Denmark, but King’s time there didn’t teach him that a European nation could have internet and streaming access comparable to what he enjoys in Manhattan, where he lives.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

All I remember about Lord Alfred was that he liked to pronounce success “SUCK-sess”. Speaking of Suck, I’m still banned from posting in the Globe because I said one of Shank’s columns sucked. That’s it, “sucked”. Nothing about his face, hair, grey poupon or drunken son. Nor did I threaten to stick a tomato can up his ass. I guess at this point I should consider it a badge of honor; I emailed “contact us” and the assholes never replied.

The best part is that all those contact incidents are tallied up as clicks for Shaughnessy, providing more “evidence” that he “engages” the region.

What I wouldn’t give to sit in on a Globe presentation to Media Buyers.

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar