Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 04/27-05-03/2020 Weekly Thread

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    jforb
    Participant

I’ve done some trail work, which was organized by a mountain biking group. Guessing there isn’t one thing he did right making that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

Bruins sign Halak for one year, through the end of next season.  good signing while they figure out if any of their minor league goalies can play in 2021-2022

Lebron
    Participant

Hacksaw totally agree on spring sports and club/travel teams.  My kids’ soccer club can suck my dick.  No refund or partial refund, didn’t play one game for spring season.  Hey fall season tryouts are at the end of June!  Blow me I’m not giving you money for a season of Covid parties or YouTube channel practices

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Hacksaw
    Participant

How does Stacy Keach not get an Oscar for playing Sgt. Stedenko in Up in Smoke.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Andy Dalton has signed with the Cowboys. I didn’t pay close attention to it, but it seemed like that, for months, the only potential landing spot for Dalton ever mentioned was New England. Now, he’s going to Dallas.

In any other industry, there would be some self evaluation to determine how everyone got this story so wrong. In the sports media, they won’t even acknowledge the error and just pivot to the next narrative, like “Cam Newton to the Patriots is the only move that makes sense.”

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Sports media has been exposed as worthless and doing nothing more than acting like monkeys throwing pasta at the walls and the mouth breathers who hang on every word hoping for insight from those who know less than most on this board is just comical. None of them know anything. Its been proven time and time again that they are just guessing, and not better than anyone either here or on twitter. What on earth is someone like Breer doing right now that none of us also cant be doing? Does he have players and agents on speed dial or is he just browsing the web like the rest of us? These guys guessing that Dalton ends up on the Pats havn’t been paying any attention for the last 20 years and that is just sad. Yet somehow the “fans” will all question how Dalton or Newton aren’t signing contracts right now and that Bill must be tanking. If either of those guys were signed I’d be convinced Bill was on the way out.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Watching 2004 ALCS Game 6.  Unreal to see riot police lining the foul lines at Yankee Stadium. What a bunch of animals.

Also, A-Rod does not get enough grief for his slap.

Lebron
    Participant

Amazing how sports talk whether it be national or local is all sucking at the teet of the Bulls documentary.  They make an entire week out of it.  Fox, ESPN, satellite, local, all of them.  None of this has revealed much if anything at all to people who were half paying attention and hell the format is straight from Halberstam’s book.  So 5 or 6 weeks of talking about shit that happened 20+ years ago that we all know about.    Low hanging fruit for the lazy.  Like if they sent Colin Cowherd or Smith or Bayless or Greenberg home what is anyone missing?

BrianInLA
    Participant
    C's win game 7 against Philly on Strat O matic

GAME STORY
    Playing at home, Boston was victorious over Philadelphia by 5 points, 137 to 132.
    Jayson Tatum had 29 points for Boston.  Kemba Walker added 26 points.  Joel Embiid
    had 29 points for Philadelphia.  Both teams offense's were scalding hot as they
    combined for an amazing 269 points!  With the win Boston's record is now 4-3 while
    Philadelphia now has a record of 3-4.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

C’s win game 7 against Philly on Strat O matic GAME STORY Playing at home, Boston was victorious over Philadelphia by 5 points, 137 to 132. Jayson Tatum had 29 points for Boston. Kemba Walker added 26 points. Joel Embiid had 29 points for Philadelphia. Both teams offense’s were scalding hot as they combined for an amazing 269 points! With the win Boston’s record is now 4-3 while Philadelphia now has a record of 3-4.

I would give my eye teeth to hear Johnny Most call this game. :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

Embiid would have make a top flight Johnny Most villain.

As would Phil Jackson once he started winning (Johnny retired in 1990 before the Bulls had won anything). He used to call him “Elbows Jackson” when he played for the Knicks.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Humphrey.
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Sports media has been exposed as worthless and doing nothing more than acting like monkeys throwing pasta at the walls and the mouth breathers who hang on every word hoping for insight from those who know less than most on this board is just comical. None of them know anything. Its been proven time and time again that they are just guessing, and not better than anyone either here or on twitter. What on earth is someone like Breer doing right now that none of us also cant be doing? Does he have players and agents on speed dial or is he just browsing the web like the rest of us? These guys guessing that Dalton ends up on the Pats havn’t been paying any attention for the last 20 years and that is just sad. Yet somehow the “fans” will all question how Dalton or Newton aren’t signing contracts right now and that Bill must be tanking. If either of those guys were signed I’d be convinced Bill was on the way out

It’s worse than guessing, it demonstrates a below-average understanding of fantasy-like sports. Need a QB? Who’s the highest rated guy on the waiver wire? Who has two QBs that I can trade with? That’s it, as deep as it goes. There’s no concept of personalities, work ethic, team or scheme fit. Nothing. Same people who in other industries hire people solely based on a resume not how well they would actually do the job, except those people aren’t broadcasting to millions of even dumber people each day.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar