Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 05/10/2018 Daily Thread Celtics Win Series

This topic contains 79 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

On Deitsch’s podcast, Fatty said he offered to resign over the wrong stories he submitted on Ray Rice and Deflategate. This is the Peterkingiest thing ever: an empty, meaningless, facile gesture, representing no sacrifice whatsoever (no way his boss would have accepted it); changing nothing in his reporting when it mattered; and only told years after the fact to garner attaboys and back-pats from the dumbass public, who blindly view it as evidence of his integrity.

Well said BBTL. Liar and fraud don’t begin to cover it. Fucking infuriating what he skates on.

Still bugs me that TB gave him that post-SB exclusive. WTF, HE WAS PART OF THE FRAMEUP. At the very least, he helped give it steam. I fucking hate him with every bone in my body. The day he is exposed as a kid-toucher or woman-abuser will be a glorious one, second only to the day he drops dead.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Conference Final starts Sunday. Patricia sexual assault charge from 1996.

Well before this TItle IX/Dear Colleague College Kangaroo Court system that’s in place now.

Where’s the accuser with her #metoo account? :dry:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Price:

Makes perfect sense — the four best teams in the league over the course of the regular season meet in the conference finals.

Anyone actually put Cleveland in the top 4 over the regular season?

No

Yahtzee
    Participant

Listening to Tom Petty’s Buried Treasure show. He played The Beatles ‘Twist and Shout.’ I’m reminded that’s King’s favorite Beatles song.

He had some awful pick for Springsteen too, what was it?

Hungry Heart?

Gotta be Dancing in the Dark.

And, did you know that’s Courtney Cox?

Craig James sits by the phone, silently weeping.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m sure he can relate to Glory Days

I had a “friend” ran the AV club
    back in high school
    He could set up that overhead
    Epitome of cool, boy
    Saw him the other night at Applebees
    I was walking in, he was walking out
    We went back inside sat down bloomin’ onion each
    but all he kept talking about was

[Chorus:]
    Glory days, uh not so great
    Glory days couldn’t even sniff a date
    Glory days, glory days

Well there’s a girl that lives up the block

In Manhattan where I live as well

Sometimes on a Friday I’ll see her
    at Starbucks it makes me mad as he-, heck
    Takes so long to place her order
    Last week it was a minute eight
    Tapped her shoulder, told her who I was,
    she said bleep yourself, nice skunk patch,
    and mother effer- lose some weight

[Chorus:]
    Glory days, were really bad
    Glory days girls always make me sad
    Glory days, glory days

Lebron
    Participant

It was Hungry Heart as Kevin pointed out Pete never listened to the lyrics as it’s a song about a guy ditching out on his family.

Lebron
    Participant

While giving Drew a seat at the podium post game was the most media thing ever, I can watch him being forced to wear a #12 jersey all day.

Suzy
    Participant

We went back inside sat down bloomin’ onion each

:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

They should go for broke this round- Delonte West, Brian Wilson, Kris Jenner all in the front row

Yahtzee
    Participant

Time stamp suggests Chico developed that in <20 minutes.

chicowalker
    Participant

Time stamp suggests Chico developed that in <20 minutes.

yeah, and it shows :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

We went back inside sat down bloomin’ onion each :lol:

Washed down with a few Allegash Whites

chicowalker
    Participant

The IT hottakers generally have left basketball alone (thank god) in the two years I have sat by them.  Not today. Most of their conversation was mundane (“..the kid Tatum..” :dry: ) but they eventually pivoted to Danny Ainge as a GM.  While they acknowledged that he generally has done a good job (no shit!) there was this exchange-

“You know, some of his trades though…you hate to see him trade someone when they’re young and then the next thing you know he’s in the all star game somewhere else…” (they didn’t mention who, I swear they had to have been thinking about Billups or Joe Johnson)

“I know! I mean, Jeff Green is still playing!”

I almost swallowed my tongue.  They didn’t specify if it was the first time they traded him (which directly led to a fucking championship) or the second time (at which he had revealed himself to be little more than “middling scorer on a bad team you can’t rely on”) which netted the Celtics what looks to be a lottery pick.  I then mercifully plunged a letter opener into my ears at the first strain of “Quay, however you pronounce it, Leonard, the guy in Texas…” :weei:

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  chicowalker.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It was Hungry Heart as Kevin pointed out Pete never listened to the lyrics as it’s a song about a guy ditching out on his family.

It’s the details that kill it.  Guy leaves with absolutely no warning and they never see him again. Goes out for smokes or something and disappears for good. Wife and kids probably think Dad’s dead.

Worst song ever. Of course Fatty loves it.

chicowalker
    Participant

It’s the details that kill it. Guy leaves with absolutely no warning and they never see him again. Goes out for smokes or something and disappears for good. Wife and kids probably think Dad’s dead. Worst song ever. Of course Fatty loves it.

I wonder if Mrs. King played it over and over suggestively, and Fatty just associated it with the background noise of their loving home

RedSeat
    Participant

If the song were by any other artist and he somehow became aware of the lyrics. . .

Capriciously singing about leaving your family? Be better than that, man of Jersey. He should donate all proceeds from that song to his local women’s shelter.

chicowalker
    Participant

If the song were by any other artist and he somehow became aware of the lyrics. . . Capriciously singing about leaving your family? Be better than that, man of Jersey. He should donate all proceeds from that song to his local women’s shelter.

:lol: I’m sure he looks askance at the protagonist of Papa Was a Rolling Stone, except maybe the Phil Collins(! per Wiki) version

chicowalker
    Participant

Holy shit! Isaac Hayes would have dialed back this intro.  Then the vocal kicks in at 1:58 and, yup, Phil Collins

chicowalker
    Participant

Jesus. Full TjM to apologize for Phil’s life sized head.  :ohmy:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Jesus. Full TjM to apologize for Phil’s life sized head. :ohmy:

Image result for that's no moon

Yahtzee
    Participant

Watching The Players and announcer just said, “No one is a bigger fan of Tiger than Phil Michelson.” My BS meter is on max.

GusChiggins
    Participant

No Son of Mine is a top notch tune.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  GusChiggins.

Suzy
    Participant

It’s the details that kill it. Guy leaves with absolutely no warning and they never see him again. Goes out for smokes or something and disappears for good. Wife and kids probably think Dad’s dead. Worst song ever. Of course Fatty loves it.

I wonder if Mrs. King played it over and over suggestively, and Fatty just associated it with the background noise of their loving home

I’ve got my theories re: Mrs. Fatty. Times were different then and he seemed harmless enough.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The IT guys must get their information from Felger, Mazz or expert Madam Jones. Once it’s said on the air it must be true.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar