Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 05/21/2018 Daily Thread – ECF Game Four

This topic contains 68 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

So I take it LeBron does want to play in the Finals.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

McButterpants and his farewell address to the troops is about as on the nose as you can get…..

Here’s Peter hitting for his cycle…..

1.  Look at the access I have.

2.  Pete reminds how humble Doug was and that Peter approves.

3.  Reach for the stars kids!

4.  Shot at the most dominant coach of the era you were in business.

“Thank you, Doug Pederson. By sharing so much interesting X-and-O stuff from the playoffs last year, and doing it humbly, Pederson taught so many football nerds and casual football fans that, with hard work and imagination, all things are possible … even beating the great Belichick in the Super Bowl.”

Big Fat O
    Participant

For some reason T&R think Bertie really has a clue. During his 10 minutes he didn’t offer one bit of new info other than what the media has been speculating.

A complete waste of time. Somehow he’s managed to fool everyone.

rclane
    Participant

I couldn’t make it through the whole thing, but the pictures were terrific. Here, Carson Palmer explains iCloud to a befuddled old man

Meanwhile, Tim Tebow watches an old man play pocket pool:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I couldn’t make it through the whole thing, but the pictures were terrific. Here, Carson Palmer explains iCloud to a befuddled old man Meanwhile, Tim Tebow watches an old man play pocket pool:

In dad jeans, no less.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

He took a thank-you to Tom Brady and made it all about his team.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I picture a retired Carson Palmer wandering the halls of the Cardinals facility with nothing to do and nobody to talk to and bang he walks right into PK.

Participant

Dick Goodwin will not be down to root for the dodgers with Doris Kearns anymore…..

jforb
    Participant

Jesus that Brady photo is something

Lebron
    Participant

When times were good, I had his get-through-the-switchboard-at-road-hotels name,

Just an absolute throbbing raging hard on dickface.

Participant

When times were good, I had his get-through-the-switchboard-at-road-hotels name,

Portrait of a man who doesn’t know what he’s looking at….

Lebron
    Participant

Reminds me of this

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Thank you, Bill Parcells. He taught me a lot about how football really works. I saw how some of his players didn’t like him treating 53 players all a little bit different. He didn’t care. He just tried to figure a way to get all 53 to play at their peak. I learned this from him: It’s not a one-size-fits-all league.

Also not a dig at Bellchick.  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Suzy
    Participant

For some reason T&R think Bertie really has a clue. During his 10 minutes he didn’t offer one bit of new info other than what the media has been speculating. A complete waste of time. Somehow he’s managed to fool everyone.

Bert is right in their wheelhouse–T&R don’t know anything about anything.

Suzy
    Participant

I was gonna say there are no words but these are great ones!  :lol:

Participant
    I 149
    ME 45
    MY 20
    IVE 14
    I’M 10
    I’D 10
    I’LL 8
     Total 256

It’s about YOU, the fan!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  02062.

jforb
    Participant

Participant

“Thank you, Steve Tasker, the most decent GREAT player I have covered.”

“I’m a peacenik and my instict is to trust.” Unless you are a child who retrieved an unauthorized foul ball.

Complete with Brett Favre farting through team meetings…..” It’s a riot when Brett toots.

But, don’t do it near Peter any other time.

“On my Continental puddle-jumper from Newark to Providence last week to do a Patriots story for HBO, the man in front of me passed gas uncontrollably, constantly, and without any shame throughout the flight. After about 15 minutes of this, the man across the aisle looked at the Wall Street Journal-reading farter and said: “Do you think you might be able to control that?”

“Control what?” Mr. Fart said.
“The farting,” Mr. Across-the-Aisle-But-Speaking-for-Everyone said. 
“Jesus,” Mr. Fart said, sounding apologetic. “I’m sorry.” 
But he couldn’t stop, and we suffered with the acrid fumes for most of the 47-minute flight.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

He took a thank-you to Tom Brady and made it all about his team.

They transcribed the 86 minute recording!

Not 85 minutes, not rounded up to 90, 86 minutes. Weirdo.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Suzy
    Participant

“Thank you, Steve Tasker, the most decent GREAT player I have covered.” “I’m a peacenik and my instict is to trust.” Unless you are a child who retrieved an unauthorized foul ball. “Complete with Brett Favre farting through team meetings…..” It’s a riot when Brett toots. But, don’t do it near Peter any other time. “On my Continental puddle-jumper from Newark to Providence last week to do a Patriots story for HBO, the man in front of me passed gas uncontrollably, constantly, and without any shame throughout the flight. After about 15 minutes of this, the man across the aisle looked at the Wall Street Journal-reading farter and said: “Do you think you might be able to control that?” “Control what?” Mr. Fart said.
“The farting,” Mr. Across-the-Aisle-But-Speaking-for-Everyone said. 
“Jesus,” Mr. Fart said, sounding apologetic. “I’m sorry.” 
But he couldn’t stop, and we suffered with the acrid fumes for most of the 47-minute flight.

Is that for real?  :ohmy: If so, I take great delight in his suffering.
    And he’s the last person who should discuss shame.  :pk:   :wag:

Participant

How many Brett?

16 Brett’s/Favre’s……

Coma
    Participant

McButterpants and his farewell address to the troops is about as on the nose as you can get….. Here’s Peter hitting for his cycle….. 1. Look at the access I have. 2. Pete reminds how humble Doug was and that Peter approves. 3. Reach for the stars kids! 4. Shot at the most dominant coach of the era you were in business. “Thank you, Doug Pederson. By sharing so much interesting X-and-O stuff from the playoffs last year, and doing it humbly, Pederson taught so many football nerds and casual football fans that, with hard work and imagination, all things are possible … even beating the great Belichick in the Super Bowl.”

“With hard work and imagination, all things are possible” – This is a grown up, almost 61 years old, writing for an audience of other grown ups about a contact sport so physical, people are speculating that it may not be able to continue to exist in it’s current state. Why not add “and some help from some fun loving Minions” or “and the blessing of the Faerie Queen” or “and the Force” if you’re going to write like your audience is 8 years old?

Edit to add: I hadn’t read the article in the link before posting. I didn’t make it all the way through because PK showed no interest in getting to a point. Anyway, this stuff “mysterious Patriot undercover scout Ernie Adams” is why King deserves anything bad that happens to him. Mysterious? Undercover? Fuck you. In the same sentence, King describes the Eagles coaches as “little-known.” Doesn’t that mean they’re mysterious, too? Typhoid from an unsanitary Starbucks, a slip and fall, a runaway hotdog cart, anything. King has more than earned it.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  Coma.

Coma
    Participant

Portrait of a man who doesn’t know what he’s looking at….

Ah yes, those powerful legs that routinely crank out 6 minute miles. It’s like looking at an older, paler Usain Bolt crossed with an Ethiopian marathoner.

Beaker
    Participant

On the market  :wub:

Image result for doris kearns goodwin small photo

Nick B
    Participant

On the market :wub: Image result for doris kearns goodwin small photo

are we sure she’s not dead. yikes.    could double as the dark pirate.

Coma
    Participant

That’s good timing. The Dark Crystal is making a comeback.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dick Goodwin will not be down to root for the dodgers with Doris Kearns anymore…..

They will need an extra coffin for his eyebrows.   :blink:

Participant

N – HELL NO.

Humphrey
    Participant

They will need an extra coffin for his eyebrows. :blink:

My uncle had a friend that rented a home to them years ago…said they were incredible slobs…place looked as bad as Ebbets Field did before they put the wrecking ball to the place.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

They will need an extra coffin for his eyebrows. :blink:

Phlegm-related death? EGA should be wary.

Suzy
    Participant

She was on an FDR special my mother was watching last night. :ohmy: I screamed and said she should come with a warning.

So apparently she’s an “expert” :rollseyes: on politics, history, and baseball (plus plagiarism & how to haunt a house with your face).

Yahtzee
    Participant

Turning out to be a slow day at work. Would be the perfect time to read a long piece by, say, America’s football writer.  Thankfully, you people have spared me that.  Kudos.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Turning out to be a slow day at work. Would be the perfect time to read a long piece by, say, America’s football writer. Thankfully, you people have spared me that. Kudos.

“You mean, America’s humblest Manhattan-based football writer. Get your house in order, Yahtzee.

Oh, thirteen more words about football to add to my grand total!”

Suzy
    Participant

McButterpants and his farewell address to the troops is about as on the nose as you can get….. Here’s Peter hitting for his cycle….. 1. Look at the access I have. 2. Pete reminds how humble Doug was and that Peter approves. 3. Reach for the stars kids! 4. Shot at the most dominant coach of the era you were in business. “Thank you, Doug Pederson. By sharing so much interesting X-and-O stuff from the playoffs last year, and doing it humbly, Pederson taught so many football nerds and casual football fans that, with hard work and imagination, all things are possible … even beating the great Belichick in the Super Bowl.”

“With hard work and imagination, all things are possible” – This is a grown up, almost 61 years old, writing for an audience of other grown ups about a contact sport so physical, people are speculating that it may not be able to continue to exist in it’s current state. Why not add “and some help from some fun loving Minions” or “and the blessing of the Faerie Queen” or “and the Force” if you’re going to write like your audience is 8 years old? Edit to add: I hadn’t read the article in the link before posting. I didn’t make it all the way through because PK showed no interest in getting to a point. Anyway, this stuff “mysterious Patriot undercover scout Ernie Adams” is why King deserves anything bad that happens to him. Mysterious? Undercover? Fuck you. In the same sentence, King describes the Eagles coaches as “little-known.” Doesn’t that mean they’re mysterious, too? Typhoid from an unsanitary Starbucks, a slip and fall, a runaway hotdog cart, anything. King has more than earned it.

Anyway, this stuff “mysterious Patriot undercover scout Ernie Adams” is why King deserves anything bad that happens to him.

He is a dyed-in-the-wool cunt. Still pissed that TB gave him an exclusive. WTF was he thinking, the guy trashes the Pats regularly.

Feejis
    Participant

“With hard work and imagination, all things are possible” – This is a grown up, almost 61 years old, writing for an audience of other grown ups about a contact sport so physical, people are speculating that it may not be able to continue to exist in it’s current state. Why not add “and some help from some fun loving Minions” or “and the blessing of the Faerie Queen” or “and the Force” if you’re going to write like your audience is 8 years old? Edit to add: I hadn’t read the article in the link before posting. I didn’t make it all the way through because PK showed no interest in getting to a point. Anyway, this stuff “mysterious Patriot undercover scout Ernie Adams” is why King deserves anything bad that happens to him. Mysterious? Undercover? Fuck you. In the same sentence, King describes the Eagles coaches as “little-known.” Doesn’t that mean they’re mysterious, too? Typhoid from an unsanitary Starbucks, a slip and fall, a runaway hotdog cart, anything. King has more than earned it.

Anyway, this stuff “mysterious Patriot undercover scout Ernie Adams” is why King deserves anything bad that happens to him. He is a dyed-in-the-wool cunt. Still pissed that TB gave him an exclusive. WTF was he thinking, the guy trashes the Pats regularly.

Sadly, I think we’re seeing that TB is pretty tone deaf himself.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Cleveland -7 tonight.  That seems a bit high.

Participant

Joe Gill with a yeast infection feels your pain…..

Hey , for $57,000 I’d love to actually SEE my GPS on a sunny day and not have to pull over. Thanks!

Lebron
    Participant

Papa Bruin needs a GPS to get around?

jforb
    Participant

No, different orange collar worker

+3

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  jforb.

Lebron
    Participant

Duh, go tit.

My catering business is doing so well I need to tell you how much I paid for my car.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Duh, go tit. My catering business is doing so well I need to tell you how much I paid for my car.

There was a follow up tweet talking about her 2017 Explorer that she also owns.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Cleveland -7 tonight. That seems a bit high.

Love the +205 ML number.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

FOX to pay $1 billion for five years of WWE Smackdown.

Can anyone but Rickkyboy name five currently active wrestlers?

Lefty

So, there are other NFL players stayin away from OTAs, mostly people wanting contracts.   Seems like the union suggests it.

Maybe post deflate-gate when the union stood by him against the corrupt league/owners, Brady is feeling more like a union guy and staying out for the same reason.

isn’t that at least as plausible as a contrived “coach vs player “ confrontation?

Lefty

god Damned double post.

Doncabesa
    Participant

FOX to pay $1 billion for five years of WWE Smackdown. Can anyone but Rickkyboy name five currently active wrestlers?

Jinder Mahal, Braun Strowman, AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks…. I could keep going, I haven’t watched wrestling since I was 15 but a video game website called Giant Bomb that I like to visit talks about it often… (generally about how bad it is)

Major Intangibles
    Participant

FOX to pay $1 billion for five years of WWE Smackdown. Can anyone but Rickkyboy name five currently active wrestlers?

TjM?

Participant

@BrendanNyhan Son of a garbage man who carried his father’s and uncle’s coolers into the Rock Pile every home game. Made good and befriended the team’s owner, players, promoted them & worked to keep them in #Buffalo till the day he died. That’s not a “shtick” that’s a way of life. ✌🏽 https://twitter.com/LukeRussert/status/960599533989310464/photo/1

:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

The cheerleader that keeps showing up to Doris’ right has quite the back seat  :blink:

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Jackson has never seen LeBron hang back to yell at the refs?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar