Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 05/25/2018 Daily Thread – ECF Game Six

This topic contains 41 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Legend 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Finish them tonight.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Houston beating GS with Chris Paul pulling a hammy in the very last minute is interesting indeed.

So no Celtics on any of the All-NBA teams? Really? They’re perched on the doorstep of the finals, but have none of the league’s best players?

The fucking Wolves have two players on the third team, but no Kyrie? No Horford?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I get no Kyrie because he missed so many games. It is hard to spot someone to take off for Horford. Maybe Paul George or Jimmy Butler? I initially thought Aldridge, but then I looked at Aldridge’s numbers. Jesus that guy is an offensive monster.

Horford is bizarro Draymond Green. Very similar players but for affect. Draymond didn’t make it, so I get Horford not making it, I guess.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So no Celtics on any of the All-NBA teams? Really? They’re perched on the doorstep of the finals, but have none of the league’s best players? The fucking Wolves have two players on the third team, but no Kyrie? No Horford?

No coach of the year votes. Who will get GM of the year instead of Ainge? It’ll be hilarious.

TJM
    Participant

Hanley DFAd to make room for Pjag

I get no Kyrie because he missed so many games. It is hard to spot someone to take off for Horford. Maybe Paul George or Jimmy Butler? I initially thought Aldridge, but then I looked at Aldridge’s numbers. Jesus that guy is an offensive monster. Horford is bizarro Draymond Green. Very similar players but for affect. Draymond didn’t make it, so I get Horford not making it, I guess.

I get no Horford. I just thought Kyrie to third team, despite the missed games. He had that much of an impact, IMO (although maybe the team’s postseason success is working against him).

Butler played 59 regular season games. Kyrie played 60.

Humphrey
    Participant

I get no Kyrie because he missed so many games. It is hard to spot someone to take off for Horford. Maybe Paul George or Jimmy Butler? I initially thought Aldridge, but then I looked at Aldridge’s numbers. Jesus that guy is an offensive monster. Horford is bizarro Draymond Green. Very similar players but for affect. Draymond didn’t make it, so I get Horford not making it, I guess.

I was very surprised that Cousy called Horford “soft”.     Otherwise he appears at 89 years old to still have all his marbles.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wow.  That came out of nowhere (for me).

Lebron
    Participant

Did Woke Embiid have a better year than Karl Anthony Townes?

Lebron
    Participant

Wow. That came out of nowhere (for me).

Thought so as well but he’s getting closer to beating that $22 mil or so option my guess is they don’t want that

Lefty

ESPN has decided the cure to what ails them is MORE Keith Olberman.   Longer contract, more screen time, back to SportsCenter.

It’s like they’ve had no business training at all.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Butler played 59 regular season games. Kyrie played 60.

I think they list Butler as forward. It’s 2 guards and three forwards or centers.

chicowalker
    Participant

ESPN has decided the cure to what ails them is MORE Keith Olberman. Longer contract, more screen time, back to SportsCenter. It’s like they’ve had no business training at all.

His nightly “worst person in the world” can either be whatever colleague took his dick out in a meeting that week, or a random choice of one of the 10,000 people that cut the cord since the previous day’s broadcast

Coma
    Participant

I’m visiting Pearl Harbor today. If I get the chance, I’ll dramatically remove my sunglasses before reading an inscription at the Arizona memorial. Also, if Yamamoto’s “awakened a sleeping giant” comments come up, I’ll work in Joe Gill’s “I’ve fallen and I can get up” credo.

Claude45
    Participant

I haven’t watched more than 10 minutes of the Sox this year but I hate this move.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

I just want Pedroia to go away and join his brother.

jforb
    Participant

Speaking of, it’s apparently a weekly feature

Over a year, started last fall or maybe late summer and didn’t get anything done in winter because of the snow :blink:
    Also way to proofread the captions.

There’s one from today that I haven’t found a tweet for yet too.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

+1 for the BSJ Counter. Quality stuff (well not for Bedard)

Yahtzee
    Participant

The PHL-BOS American flights just ooze misery.

Yahtzee
    Participant

CHB doesn’t like the HanRam move.

Count me in!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Love out after knocking heads with Tatum!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Not being down by 15 at this point is a welcome change.

a.paul
    Participant

Anyone explain to me why the broadcasters think there should be a foul on the play where love and tatum crashed heads? I mean…it’s sort of a contact sport, no?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

On the BSJ counter, has it ever declined? I’d guess it only counts new subscriptions and doesn’t reflect current his active users.

Fake edit: Jaylen Brown.

jforb
    Participant

I thought it did once but when I was rechecking to make the graph the numbers didn’t match. Today’s zero may just be because I checked late yesterday and then set the auto update at 9.

a.paul
    Participant

do you suppose if a cav player actually ripped off a celtic player’s shorts and anally raped him at midcourt they might call a foul on cleveland ?

Humphrey
    Participant

You were saying?   Tatum, Horford invisible.  Morris awful.

Big Fat O
    Participant

CHB doesn’t like the HanRam move. Count me in!

The media hated him. KKKallhan should be able to explain without getting suspended.

chicowalker
    Participant

I can count on one hand how many Yankees and lakers combined I hate more than mike breen and Tristan Thompson

Lebron
    Participant

Offensively Horford seems like he’s playing in cement shoes.  Odd and unfortunately sad

Lebron
    Participant

I can count on one hand how many Yankees and lakers combined I hate more than mike breen and Tristan Thompson

Breen sounded like someone shot his dog at the end of the first quarter,  ow it’s all coming up roses.  Meanwhile Van Gundy wants to go back and call a few more Celtic fouls on Lebron.  And how can any announcing crew possibly still fall of the oooh Lebron’s hurt act?  Banana in the tailpipe jpg

a.paul
    Participant

here we go with the hot active hands again

Between the announcers and the refs, they make this thoroughly unenjoyable to watch. Even when the Celtics win during this series, the feeling is much more “Suck it, Breen!” than just enjoying a damn win. They completely sap the fun out of watching the game.

rclane
    Participant

I don’t know dick about basketball, but I don’t understand why these announcers think two guys colliding while looking away should be a foul. Especially when Lebron looks to lower his shoulder and still gets the worst of it.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The fix is in. The refs are going to make sure Lebron gets to the finals.

You know the refs are going to call fouls so the Cs should pound the shit out of anyone going to the basket.

a.paul
    Participant

love when their experts tell them they don’t know shit.

chicowalker
    Participant

Fuck it. They are running them off the court Sunday.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s disturbing how in the bag Bremen et al are. I’d rather listen to John Dennis and Madam Jones do a show together.

Lebron
    Participant

I want to break Kyle Korver’s fucking face

Larry Legend
    Participant

I don’t know dick about basketball, but I don’t understand why these announcers think two guys colliding while looking away should be a foul. Especially when Lebron looks to lower his shoulder and still gets the worst of it.

I can tell you why… they’re fucking nobs who should spend more time servicing The King orally than doing so verbally.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar