Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 05/29/2018 Daily Thread – Baseball Is Here to Help Us

This topic contains 42 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Start the summer. Months of Tony Mazz shitting on the Red Sox and troubling signs in Foxboro.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Lefty

First of all, why do we give a shit, exactly, about Cassius whatever the fuck his name is and his stupid Chris Hovan finger paint eye black?   Are we supposed to believe there has never been a single player that left any other organization and didn’t like something about it?

How can it not be clear to any observer that this is the media desperately trying to overplay something specifically to take shots at the Pats and BB.   They also have the security of knowing BB won’t respond in any way, so it’s a safe story to run unchallenged.

As a fan, Rod Rust’s guys had fun.  Dick McPherson’s guys had fun.   Bruce Arian’s guys had fun.  Dave Wannstedt’s guys had fun.  Rex Ryan’s guys had fun.   I could go on.   I don’t give a shit who is having fun as I don’t have fun every day at my job either.  I’d rather have it run like a business and win consistently than have a fucking fun circus that sucks balls.

a.paul
    Participant

Why does Alex Reamer (cheap joke I know) have a job with one of the big sports sites/stations in Boston?

“Jayson Tatum was the only player on the Celtics who showed up for the entirety of Game 7. Yet, he only took one shot over the final six minutes of play. His curious lack of involvement down the stretch is the one legitimate second-guess against Brad Stevens entering the offseason.”

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  a.paul.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Meanwhile;

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

Howe posted this in response to Cassius.

In November, I spoke with Cassius Marsh about his time with the Patriots. He liked it then:

“Absolutely, it’s a great thing to know exactly what you’re going to get. Coaches tell you what they expect from you, what your role is, and it’s something I appreciate about this place.”

chicowalker
    Participant

When the Celtics beat GS next year, I want it to be to stop a three-peat (bonus points F Pat Riley)  I can appreciate LeBron without ever rooting for him.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

When the Celtics beat GS next year, I want it to be to stop a three-peat (bonus points F Pat Riley) I can appreciate LeBron without ever rooting for him.

Will the Celts be wearing their alternate-alternate ‘The Hub” jerseys when they win?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

When the Celtics beat GS next year, I want it to be to stop a three-peat (bonus points F Pat Riley) I can appreciate LeBron without ever rooting for him.

Will the Celts be wearing their alternate-alternate ‘The Hub” jerseys when they win?

The “chowds” in “beantown” will really have those flying off the shelves! Pissah! :weei:

InThisTown
    Participant

The frustration of having two young guys be among your better players in a deep playoff run is a high class problem but my nightly frustration at some of the mental errors on the part of Tatum and Brown will not be missed. That was a great run but the wild stretches of brainless play had me manic. I will be back.

Participant

Can we go with “The Bean” as well as “The Hub” an alternate alternate shirt??

Participant

It all comes back to organized crime and the NFL Danny.

“In Atlanta, Salemme lived a quiet, anonymous life. He joined a New England Patriots fan club.“

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Definitely want GSW to win. I get the hate for Kerr, but I think people are realizing that he has next to nothing to do with their success.

Great season for the Celtics.  I don’t think they’ll land Davis this offseason, so the only question is what to do with Rozier and Smart. I probably overstated Rozier’s trade value in the league, but he is a great (not good) backup.  He just played ridiculously bad in the most important game of his life.

Smart is a different story. He makes plays that nobody else makes in the NBA.  He is a terrific defensive player. He is beyond bad at the most important skill in the sport, so all of his grunt work really goes to make up for the lost value on offense.  I think he is going to have a Tony Allen career, not a Kyle Lowry career. Ideally, he would be the 9th best player on the team.

Ultimately, Brooklyn or Philly or some other East team will offer him 16mil+, and I think he’ll be gone. His wing minutes will be eaten by the balance of Irving, Rozier, Hayward, Brown and Tatum anyway.

InThisTown
    Participant

Curry turned into the biggest cvnt that’s not Lebron though which is quite a turn. Draymond is the only guy I like over there.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I’m no fan of Durant. Maybe he isn’t as bad on the court but off it he’s spent too much time with Simmons and it has rubbed off.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m no fan of Durant. Maybe he isn’t as bad on the court but off it he’s spent too much time with Simmons and it has rubbed off.

And Bobby Axelrod.

jforb
    Participant

Embiid isn’t the bigger cunt?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Happy anniversary to Hacksaw Duggan and the Iron Sheik. Try not to carpool next time.

Hacksaw
    Participant

And Bobby Axelrod.

Wags told Harden to go back to fucking himself.

Lebron
    Participant

Embiid isn’t the bigger cunt?

Word on the street is he’s running around Philly joining pickup games, with a camera of course.  Bounced a ball off some guy’s head and dunked or something.  I hope he shatters his feet and vaporizes all associated tendons and ligaments.

Lebron
    Participant

I won’t miss ‘Celtics twitter’ or whatever with all these jabrones saying stuff like haha Lebron it took you 7 games and you didn’t really win the Celtics lost or enjoy your 8th straight trip to the championship round it will be your last.  Try not to sound like the Jets/Steelers/Colts of the last 18 years.

Participant

That a boy Dickerson – going after the gal who replaced you will get you more fill in shifts during summer vacation.

Seriously? This is an awful tweet. even coming from a green teamer. How could anyone possibly get mad at his dreadful shot selection? https://twitter.com/tvabby/status/1000189638483554307

When Gary Tanguay figures out you are about to get whacked in favor of Abby BEFORE YOU FIGURE IT OUT – that is on you, you dumbass.

Cry me a river about feeling sorry for this pud and his health issues- I hope him and Almost A Website Owner end up in bunk beds over at Pine St.

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah but they don’t have any fun down there

“I was feeling good, but unfortunately had more residual effects from concussions,” McClellin said. “It’s something they can’t clear you for. That’s the way it is nowadays, they’re tough on concussion things. It’s difficult, but I got through it. One thing I’d say, they handled it like they should have. I’m not upset with them, they’re not upset with me, it’s just the way it is. They handled it perfectly.”

Fatty, recalling his favorite articles, had this:

I went down to Maryland, and his late father, Steve, met me and showed me around Annapolis, to places that were important in young Bill’s life.

His dead dad showed you around Annapolis? That’s a pretty neat trick.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m sure Pete spent Memorial weekend bothering somber/introspective veterans about their killed in action brethren.

More Fatty:

I’ve always thought my job as a writer had three parts:

1. Report the heck out of a story.
    2. Take the readers where they cannot go.
    3. Write quickly and be smart. Think hard about the words, but don’t be obsessive about them. Different ones work fine.

“Where they cannot go” can be equally interpreted as “foul territory to collect Tejada’s ball” or “up Favre’s rectum”.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I spent my Memorial Day weekend at a nearly 4 hour long dance recital, then followed that up all day Sunday cleaning out my in-laws mouse infested garage caped off by a mini-break-down from my wife on the 3 hour ride home as she realized that my Mother-in-law is doing absolutely nothing to help sell her house or plan my Father-in-laws “Celebration of Life” that’s coming up 3 weeks.  You know you’ve had a shit-tastic long weekend when you jump out of bed joyous to be able to head into work for the day. :wall:   :puke:

Lebron
    Participant

Oh and fuck the NBA and their uniform partners with all the bullshit ranging from wearing home unis on the road to alternate unis in the playoffs and the Cavaliers essentially wearing the same uniform throughout the playoffs.

Humphrey
    Participant

The only Cav unis I ever liked were the World B. Free ones and the sainted Knickerbockers probably compained voiciferously that they looked too much like theirs.

What is the NBA’s TV replay policy anyway? More often than not, they’ll cut to something two plays ago, so much so that you start (irrationally) to think “Maybe they don’t have that prepped”, forgetting momentarily that this is 2018. But then they’ll show the play that just occurred.

So of course whatever their policy is is selective. But my question is selective to what end? Protecting their announcers? Protecting the refs? Advancing a specific narrative (Lebron’s dunks cure cancer!)?

Coming from an NFL watching experience (where plays are over-replayed), it’s a curious contrast and creative choice.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I spent my Memorial Day weekend at a nearly 4 hour long dance recital, then followed that up all day Sunday cleaning out my in-laws mouse infested garage caped off by a mini-break-down from my wife on the 3 hour ride home as she realized that my Mother-in-law is doing absolutely nothing to help sell her house or plan my Father-in-laws “Celebration of Life” that’s coming up 3 weeks. You know you’ve had a shit-tastic long weekend when you jump out of bed joyous to be able to head into work for the day. :wall: :puke:

Get them a pet snake, that should get rid of the mice.

chicowalker
    Participant

but don’t be obsessive about them

says the pantload who religiously counted how many words were in his column, somehow thinking the more the better, rendering his editor as impotent as, ironically, himself

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Rosanne is a real dumb twat, huh?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Rosanne is a real dumb twat, huh?

I always thought Tom Arnold was the smart one.

Participant

Dr Cosby, Roseanne and Powder.

Tom Werner knows who to go into business with.

chicowalker
    Participant

If Mark-Linn Baker is next I’ll be crushed :ohmy:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Dr Cosby, Roseanne and Powder.

Tom Werner knows who to go into business with.

and Sam Kennedy.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Fatty, recalling his favorite articles, had this:

I went down to Maryland, and his late father, Steve, met me and showed me around Annapolis, to places that were important in young Bill’s life.

His dead dad showed you around Annapolis? That’s a pretty neat trick.

Professional writer Peter King.  :dry:

Big Fat O
    Participant

More Fatty:

I’ve always thought my job as a writer had three parts: 1. Report the heck out of a story. 2. Take the readers where they cannot go. 3. Write quickly and be smart. Think hard about the words, but don’t be obsessive about them. Different ones work fine.

“Where they cannot go” can be equally interpreted as “foul territory to collect Tejada’s ball” or “up Favre’s rectum”.

These are fine mottos to stand by as long as reporting the heck of the story will not alienate any sources that make my job easier.

Lefty

Putting the qualifying “not to get political” and then going full political doesn’t make it belong in the daily thread.

Neither does the ensuing fuck everyone festival.

Tried to move both/all to the actual politics thread, where they belong, but may have trashed them by mistake.   If so, sorry; feel free to repost them in politics where they belong.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Not to get political, but John Dennis is a creepy weirdo loser.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Boos raining down on Giancarlo Stanton at Yankee Stadium are music to my ears.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Not to get cinematic, but I liked the Solo Star Wars movie better than The Last Jedi.

Lebron
    Participant

If Mark-Linn Baker is next I’ll be crushed :ohmy:

His performance in The Leftovers was a gem

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar