Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 06/21/2018 Daily Thread – Building Momentum

This topic contains 72 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

The NBA Draft will help us get to two pages for the third day in a row. Let’s see if we can beat 70 posts.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

NASCL
    Participant

Not sure of the *** ***** connection

Participant

Speaking of morning news people – the Channel 7 traffic lady has developed a Dr. Tongue’s 3D House of Traffic Cupcakes move where she has to take 3 steps towards the camera and than 3 steps back every 10-15 seconds.

I need help.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So is big Trump fan Kevin McHale as big a Trump fan as big Trump fan Tom Brady? We demand answers.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’m fascinated to see what Ainge does.

Im 52/48 that he kicks the pic down the road and stands pat. Thereby shocking the world.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Speaking of morning news people – the Channel 7 traffic lady has developed a Dr. Tongue’s 3D House of Traffic Cupcakes move where she has to take 3 steps towards the camera and than 3 steps back every 10-15 seconds. I need help.

I gave up on the morning news a few  years back. I watch “Looney Tunes” off the DVR now. Pepe Le Pew does 75% of what destroyed Kevin Spacey’s career in each 5 minute cartoon yet Speedy Gonzalez is banned from TV because he’s offensive. :dry:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Speaking of morning news people – the Channel 7 traffic lady has developed a Dr. Tongue’s 3D House of Traffic Cupcakes move where she has to take 3 steps towards the camera and than 3 steps back every 10-15 seconds. I need help.

I gave up on the morning news a few years back. I watch “Looney Tunes” off the DVR now. Pepe Le Pew does 75% of what destroyed Kevin Spacey’s career in each 5 minute cartoon yet Speedy Gonzalez is banned from TV because he’s offensive. :dry:

Then again Pepe likes women and not young men.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I just want Larry Johnson to be able to reuse one of his ‘Danny Ainge exploding cigar’ tracing. I really do.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

jforb
    Participant

I just want Larry Johnson to be able to reuse one of his ‘Danny Ainge exploding cigar’ tracing. I really do.

I’m sure he can work it in whether it makes sense or not. Presumably not.

Participant

He’s got one up now – luckily for you people wordpress considers it spam.

Participant

When does camp open?

It took longer than expected, but Giancarlo Stanton’s first true Yankee moment was worth the wait

Giancarlo Stanton can now call the Yankees his home

“Dat was da day, Giancarlo finally became a Yankee.”

chicowalker
    Participant

Always enjoy M#J draft recap, as if they saw any of these guys play (besides Grayson Allen maybe)

names Larry will swallow his tongue trying to pronounce: Keita Bates-Diop, Donte DiVincenzo, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.  Another potential stumbling block- two big men from Michigan State will be first round picks, and one is M. Bridges, and a different M. Bridges will also be a first round pick…

jforb
    Participant

Not trying to get past the spam either, but wow.

The Brady one too.

Lefty

Speaking of the draft, the Athletic had an article up with the “worst all time” draft picks in the history of the four Boston teams.   Apparently, their world only goes back so far, as their worst picks for each were:

Pats:   Dominique Easley.    I was thinking Hart Lee Dykes, 16th pick in round 1.  Never did shit.

Bruins:  Martin Samuelson (2000)  Mostly because he was the pick they got from Colorado for Bourque.    My vote would have been Zach Hamill, who was a high pick and an obvious bust.   They did at least mention Hamill

Red Sox:  Andrew Madden (1977) high school pitcher who never got out of single A.    I was thinking Greg Blosser, who was picked 16h overall for his amazing power and never made it.

Celtics:  Joe Johnson, Kedrick Brown and Joe Forte (2001).  Tough here since they had a bad stretch.  Acie Earl comes to mind, and they mention Michael Smith, who was a disaster.  For me, it was Darren Tillis.  first rounder in 1982.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m struggling with the thought of DiVencenzo simply because I’ll be craving manigott and gabbygool every time I hear his name.  Also his nickname was/is The Big Ragu and I always thought Carmine sucked.

InThisTown
    Participant

Kenneth Sims is bad. Harlow is bad. Chung was bad. Fryar at 1 is possibly defensible for the time because people were stupid.

Lebron
    Participant

’77 draft also had Bobby Sprowl, not sure where he was taken though.  Probably a bunch of guys you could come up with for the Red Sox simply because of first round picks either barely making or never even seeing the big leagues.  Another guy that came to mind was Jeff McNeely, they supposedly deemed him untouchable in trades and I think he barely sniffed the bigs.

Tillis was the last pick in the first round, I’d maybe go with Ron Mercer although I can’t attest to his career, but he was like 5th or 6th overall.  Jerome Moiso maybe?

McNeely was a 2nd rounder.  Does Greg McMurtry count?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Whatever Ainge does will not be right. He really needs to ask Fraudway and Felger what to do then follow their advice.

chicowalker
    Participant

I look at draft busts as who they could have drafted, within reason (i.e. nobody knew Giannis would become what he has become because there was little scouting, etc)  I can understand not drafting Hardaway in 89 because they had Reggie/Shaw…and nobody knew who Kemp was…but maybe Clifford Robinson?  He was hardly under the radar, three year starter at UConn.

Participant

Kluzak over Bellows still pisses me off…..

Lebron
    Participant

Funny you mention Kluzak, was going to throw that out there but assumed there were others that were worse.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Not trying to get past the spam either, but wow. The Brady one too.

Where are you finding these? Larry’s domain expired & is for sale, and the link on WEEI.com goes to a 404 message.

jforb
    Participant

Chung is a coach for the Eagles and is getting a ring? Did I miss that or did it not come up?

Participant

I probably shouldn’t have put that on there as he was a good player when he could stay healthy.

jforb
    Participant

Not trying to get past the spam either, but wow. The Brady one too.

Where are you finding these? Larry’s domain expired & is for sale, and the link on WEEI.com goes to a 404 message.

->EEI link<- worked for me

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar