Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 06/26/2018 Daily Thread – Baseball and Free Agency

This topic contains 33 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Top of the morning.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Bruins were in on everybody.  

Lots of ink spilled today in TBP about the Bruins being “playahs” for Tavares. It seems all they need to do is clear Krejci’s and Backes’ immovable contracts.   :lol:

Seriously, you can’t have a bidding war without bidders; Toronto and San Jose are competing aggressively with the Islanders, and don’t currently have the millstones of those two contracts to try to shed.

Incidentally, looks like Matt Porter has replaced Fluto on the Bruins’ beat. Emerson grad, former Globe intern, most recently on the college football beat for the Palm Beach Post.

Participant

Noted pud Bill Polian felt the need to weigh in on the Edelman’s – shocker, he’s guilty.

NASCL
    Participant

Never Forget.

chicowalker
    Participant

For at least the few minutes I heard this morning, K*C are holding on with two fists the chance that Hanley is the Walt White of fentanyl.  At one point Callahan incredulously started to say “I don’t understand this presum-” and stopped,  the end of the sentence I assumed to be  “..ption of innocence” :lol: Perhaps there are things that are a bridge too far for even him to say

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  chicowalker.

jforb
    Participant

Holding on with two fists?

Beaker
    Participant

It’s not every day that rock stars give shoutouts to bankers as they’re about to perform one of their biggest songs.

But that’s exactly what happened when U2 was in town last week, playing two sold-out shows at TD Garden. As the band started playing “One” during their encore, Bono described the generosity he’s witnessed in Boston. He mentioned Bank of America and singled out two local executives, CEO Brian Moynihan and vice chairman Anne Finucane.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Dorchester or Dublin, the world needs corporate synergy. 

Lefty

The Bruins were in on everybody. Lots of ink spilled today in TBP about the Bruins being “playahs” for Tavares. It seems all they need to do is clear Krejci’s and Backes’ immovable contracts. 😆 Seriously, you can’t have a bidding war without bidders; Toronto and San Jose are competing aggressively with the Islanders, and don’t currently have the millstones of those two contracts to try to shed. Incidentally, looks like Matt Porter has replaced Fluto on the Bruins’ beat. Emerson grad, former Globe intern, most recently on the college football beat for the Palm Beach Post.

It’s interesting that every other team Tavares has on his list, he would not be the captain and would arguably not be their best player, even though the highest paid.    If you accept that as an indication he wants to go someplace where he doesn’t have to be the #1 guy and take the pressure that goes with it, it would seem to rule out Toronto as the local media will crush him there regardless.   Seems to me like he is either going to San Jose or back to the Islanders.  To your point, anyone else in the mix seems to be there just to drive up the price.

If, after this Tavares stuff passes, the Bruins are going to overpay for a wing, I would rather it be van Riemsdyk than Nash, even though I am hesitant to give Van Riemsdyk a lot of years.

NASCL
    Participant

The Bruins were in on everybody. Lots of ink spilled today in TBP about the Bruins being “playahs” for Tavares. It seems all they need to do is clear Krejci’s and Backes’ immovable contracts. 😆 Seriously, you can’t have a bidding war without bidders; Toronto and San Jose are competing aggressively with the Islanders, and don’t currently have the millstones of those two contracts to try to shed. Incidentally, looks like Matt Porter has replaced Fluto on the Bruins’ beat. Emerson grad, former Globe intern, most recently on the college football beat for the Palm Beach Post.

It’s interesting that every other team Tavares has on his list, he would not be the captain and would arguably not be their best player, even though the highest paid. If you accept that as an indication he wants to go someplace where he doesn’t have to be the #1 guy and take the pressure that goes with it, it would seem to rule out Toronto as the local media will crush him there regardless. Seems to me like he is either going to San Jose or back to the Islanders. To your point, anyone else in the mix seems to be there just to drive up the price. If, after this Tavares stuff passes, the Bruins are going to overpay for a wing, I would rather it be van Riemsdyk than Nash, even though I am hesitant to give Van Riemsdyk a lot of years.

Still has the Philly stench and Toronto ineptitude.  Pass.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Noted pud Bill Polian felt the need to weigh in on the Edelman’s – shocker, he’s guilty.

I sort of agree with him. It’s on the player to know what they’re  putting in their body.

Lefty

It’s interesting that every other team Tavares has on his list, he would not be the captain and would arguably not be their best player, even though the highest paid. If you accept that as an indication he wants to go someplace where he doesn’t have to be the #1 guy and take the pressure that goes with it, it would seem to rule out Toronto as the local media will crush him there regardless. Seems to me like he is either going to San Jose or back to the Islanders. To your point, anyone else in the mix seems to be there just to drive up the price. If, after this Tavares stuff passes, the Bruins are going to overpay for a wing, I would rather it be van Riemsdyk than Nash, even though I am hesitant to give Van Riemsdyk a lot of years.

Still has the Philly stench and Toronto ineptitude. Pass.

Anyone But Nash.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Isn’t Nash flirting with the idea of retirement? That alone scares me. I’d pass on him.  Luke warm on Van Riemsdyk but ice cold on Nash. Seemed like a nice guy and a good team mate but it doesn’t make much sense to bring him back.

Ironhead
    Participant

The combined intellects of IgNora Princiotti and Mittens Volin do not equal a half-wit.

Participant

The combined intellects of IgNora Princiotti and Mittens Volin do not equal a half-wit.

“That’s what makes choosing Sully’s replacement so difficult, thin bench.” Image result for linda pizzuti henry

chicowalker
    Participant

SPEAKNI OF GLOB’ES LOL (RACK)

Kingasaurus
    Participant

GLooBE

Lebron
    Participant

Feel like we’ve done this here before but last night we had something on featuring Isiah Thomas and I of course mention how much I hate him.  Wife asks me to name an athlete in each of the 4 major sports that I hate the most.

Baseball – Jeter

Football – Peyton

Basketball – Isiah Thomas

Hockey – this was the toughest.  My initial final 3 were Matt Cooke/Ulf Samuelson/the entire 1982 Quebec Nordiques, coach included.  I settled on Cooke.  Although I really fucking hated the Nordiques, every last one of those pricks.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Croatia’s goal keeper standing on his head today.

Lebron
    Participant

Was looking at that Nordiques roster to confirm – Stastny brothers, Dale Hunter, Goulet, Cloutier, bunch of other frogs.  Admittedly didn’t know the co-captain of that squad was old friend Robbie Ftorek.

Lebron
    Participant

Argentina fucked that up pretty good.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Herren Jr. is going to BC.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

They’re finally starting to look desperate.

Brian
    Participant

I sort of agree with him. It’s on the player to know what they’re putting in their body.

Why are we all not surprised you agree with him?? :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

They’re finally starting to look desperate.

Wow! Great go ahead goal by some Argentine scrub.

Humphrey
    Participant

Is that maradona or Big Pussy Bompenseiro?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar