Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 06/30/18-07/08/18 July 4th Week Thread

This topic contains 172 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  02062 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 178 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

One two-page thread instead of seven one-page threads.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I suppose Mustard & LJ will be fielding triumphant calls from all the Yankee fans this morning, as if they’ve already won the effing World Series.

So tiresome, although I do salute those of us on this board who hate-listen to their show.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Oh I didn’t know France Argentina was up first. My Argentinian friends will be crushed by their inevitable ousting.

Humphrey
    Participant

Oh I didn’t know France Argentina was up first. My Argentinian friends will be crushed by their inevitable ousting.

Right you were!  Loved seeing that French guy go end to end..

Bobby Orr esque

Feejis
    Participant

Any of you folks follow that Big3 league? Wonder how much people pay to go watch that.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Caught a brief intro to someclown and Gaspar this morning. Someclown kept insisting that he didn’t care about “NBA trades … people who haven’t gotten over deflategate …” and a bunch of other stapes of sports radio in these parts.

“Wow,” mused Gaspar. “We might be onto something totally new here. A sports talk show that completely ignores sports.”

It’s on EEI every morning, Chris.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Right you were! Loved seeing that French guy go end to end.. Bobby Orr esque

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

One of my theories about the moribund state of this board is that John Dennis’ retirement robbed us of half of our material.

:rollseyes:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

“Retirement.”  :dry:

Sox taking it to the Yankees tonight. Good show.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Is anyone on LeBron/Kawhi FA/Trade watch?

Lefty

khudobin supposedly going to Dallas for 2 years, 2.7 each.

Good for him getting a couple of years and more money.   Glad the Bruins wouldn’t pay it.

Meanwhile, Cap Friendly is showing Halak as the back up on the Bruins roster, but no figures yet.   Haven’t seen that reported anywhere, but if true I would much rather have Halak pushing Tuukka than Khudobin

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tavares to Toronto.

It will feel so good to see the Leafs flame out in the playoffs next spring, hopefully in the first round.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Heading to Sox Vs Nationals game on Wednesday. It’s usually a goal of ours to catch Sox road game every year.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Croatia and Denmark were on pace to score 22 goals each.

Lefty

Tavares is a nice pick up.   But, the Leafs could already score a lot.   Unless they are going to trade Nylander for a good defenseman, I don’t think this solves their defense and goaltending problem.

Lefty

LeBron signs with the Lakers

jforb
    Participant

I’d like Price more if he stopped making Shank look correct.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Alone? No lil buddy to tag along with?

Theres no franchise that deserves good fortune less than the Lakers. Even the Yankees can develop their own players now and again.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Celtics vs Lakers in the finals has a nice ring to it. Lebron still needs to go through GS.

Hes really a hessian. Maybe he could have gotten some players in Cleveland to join him but I don’t think many want to.

Feejis
    Participant

khudobin supposedly going to Dallas for 2 years, 2.7 each. Good for him getting a couple of years and more money. Glad the Bruins wouldn’t pay it. Meanwhile, Cap Friendly is showing Halak as the back up on the Bruins roster, but no figures yet. Haven’t seen that reported anywhere, but if true I would much rather have Halak pushing Tuukka than Khudobin

I’m ok with Halak. I don’t see the point in any of the other signings.

Lefty

khudobin supposedly going to Dallas for 2 years, 2.7 each. Good for him getting a couple of years and more money. Glad the Bruins wouldn’t pay it. Meanwhile, Cap Friendly is showing Halak as the back up on the Bruins roster, but no figures yet. Haven’t seen that reported anywhere, but if true I would much rather have Halak pushing Tuukka than Khudobin

I’m ok with Halak. I don’t see the point in any of the other signings.

I think the Moore signing sets up a trade potential for either Krug or Grzelyk.   The other guys are back end of the roster fodder.

Coma
    Participant

LeBron signs with the Lakers

Is the Decision Cave just empty now until a future dilemma arises or does he let other people use it?

Lebron
    Participant

Croatia and Denmark were on pace to score 22 goals each.

The PKs were unusually great, coupled with that Modric PK in extra time.  Goalkeeping was off the charts

Humphrey
    Participant

I’d like Price more if he stopped making Shank look correct.

Only question is which is worse:   1.  Shank’s article   2.  The headline of the article  3.  Price’s actual performance.
    Much as I hate Shank, tough to beat #3.     Reminiscent of when the Sox hit 4 dingers in one inning vs Catfish Hunter.

It will even look worse if the Sox go out of their way to not pitch him at YS next time.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Celtics vs Lakers in the finals has a nice ring to it.

Celtics in the Finals has a nice ring to it. Fuck the Lakers. I hope they don’t even sniff the Finals for 50 years.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I got that Lebron wants to be in LA, and I got that Kawhi wants out of San Antonio. What I do not get is the fervor for what Kyle Kuzma can fetch by way of trade. Did I miss something about this guy? He is Ryan Gomes with a little more agility.

chicowalker
    Participant

LeBron thought he was superteaming with PG/Leonard.  Now he is looking at having Magic/Kobe/Lavar in his ear every two seconds, Lonzo’s guy doubling every LeBron drive, Kuczma and Ingram not giving a shit about defense, Lance and Javale :lol: doing whatever stupid shit it is they do, and those fakkakta “fans” expecting a championship right from the jump.  Call my doctor

Lebron
    Participant

Who is he going to do his gay intro press conference/event with, Kareem and Magic?

The JR Smith play had to have been the last straw.  Like I’ll put up with all the aforementioned Chico bullshit and won’t have to listen to my wife and kids yappa yappa about why a multimillionaire and his family are living in fucking Cleveland and I’m tired of playing with these dummies.  Where do I sign.

Really hope the Spurs call Kawhi’s bluff, re: sitting out another season. I mean isn’t it better for them to go Kawhi-less against a Kawhi-less Lakers team for a year than give in to his extortion?

Participant

“Yankee Stadium hopped and it shook and it throbbed in a way that we’ve only seen on rare occasions. If you closed your eyes, you could almost believe you were back in the old park, with all the old acoustics, where the sound of Red Sox-Yankees could cause your heart to quicken and your pulse to race, April or October, as long as those two ancient combatants were sharing the field.”

CUE THE BAND!

Image result for marhcing band

Participant

That’s what you want out of a $35 tour isn’t it?

“People on board a duck boat sailing past the Longfellow Bridge spotted a body floating in the Charles River on Monday and authorities are now on the scene investigating, an official said.”

Participant

Doesn’t General Gerry have a place in Maine?

Bystanders in Maine take down rock-throwing man

Lebron
    Participant

“Throbbed” gets the Dennis jpg.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Laker fans that I know are NOT as overly optimistic as the braindead media is. Most realize they have almost no chance of getting by either Houston or Golden State no matter who else they sign this offseason. For as bad a rap as LakerFan(tm) always used to get, I think that is the minority and more like the Joe Gill superfan who pee their shoes after the first 3-and-out of the Pats season. Most are pretty realistic and live in the real world. It was sort of a letdown actually.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Laker fans that I know are NOT as overly optimistic as the braindead media is. Most realize they have almost no chance of getting by either Houston or Golden State no matter who else they sign this offseason. For as bad a rap as LakerFan(tm) always used to get, I think that is the minority and more like the Joe Gill superfan who pee their shoes after the first 3-and-out of the Pats season. Most are pretty realistic and live in the real world. It was sort of a letdown actually.

Are they at all sheepish at the fact that nearly all of their greatest players came to LA by weaseling their way there and forcing trades or stiffing their previous teams in free agency? Wilt – Kareem – Shaq – Kobe – and now LeBron?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Japan holding up against Belgium so far. Bill Parcell approves.

Lebron
    Participant

I still can’t get over Russia beating Spain.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

JAP PLAY!

And then Belgium’s chance to answer clangs off the post. Very interesting.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

OK. Japan up 2-0 on Belgium in an elimination round might be the most unexpected scoreline of the tourney so far.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Crazy Belgian goal. A popped up header meant to set up a teammate floats over the GK and into the far side of the net like a chip. No one would ever try that.

Lebron
    Participant

Now back to all even at 2.

Participant

Wow

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Great fucking game!

Hacksaw
    Participant

I still can’t get over Russia beating Spain.

Russia #1, Iran #1. Pwaaaah Spain!

GusChiggins
    Participant

Had a buddy at the Belgium match. Have to imagine it was completely insane.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Lakers doing Laker things and designing the appropriate mix of Has Beens and Never Was’ around LeBron.

Lebron
    Participant

Three straight years of drafting at #2 overall and they landed D’Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, and Lonzo Ball.  Year before that they get Julius Randle at 7.   What a bunch of fucking garbage.  You can’t miss like that on multiple picks drafting in those positions, which makes the Ball pick last year that much more terrible.  Go ahead, sign Lebron.  He doesn’t care anymore, you almost wonder if he’s thinking going to the finals 8 straight years I need a break, get done by April/May for once.  Money’s the same, shut the wife and kids up, which is like signing a supermax deal in itself, and you don’t live in Ohio anymore.  Lakers need to try to be relevant somehow.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Rondo to LA.

Is Lonzo a rich man’s Rondo, a poor man’s Rondo, or Rondo 2.0?

I swear between signing Javale, Stephenson, and Rondo added to the Ball family, the goal is more to stock the Lakers with entertaining personalities than a basketball roster that makes sense.

Humphrey
    Participant

Rondo to LA. Is Lonzo a rich man’s Rondo, a poor man’s Rondo, or Rondo 2.0? I swear between signing Javale, Stephenson, and Rondo added to the Ball family, the goal is more to stock the Lakers with entertaining personalities than a basketball roster that makes sense.

What the hell is rondo going to do when at every critical point in a given game LeBron decides to be the point guard?  Knock down open threes :lol:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Rondo to LA. Is Lonzo a rich man’s Rondo, a poor man’s Rondo, or Rondo 2.0? I swear between signing Javale, Stephenson, and Rondo added to the Ball family, the goal is more to stock the Lakers with entertaining personalities than a basketball roster that makes sense.

What the hell is rondo going to do when at every critical point in a given game LeBron decides to be the point guard? Knock down open threes 😆

If LeBron shares the court with Rondo, Lonzo, Lance, and McGee then Rondo is his best outside shooting option.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar