Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 06/30/18-07/08/18 July 4th Week Thread

This topic contains 172 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  02062 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 178 total)
  • Author

Participant

INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev.-So my grandson Freddy wanted to help me pilot the rented boat on Lake Tahoe. What would you have said?

Coma
    Participant

INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev.-So my grandson Freddy wanted to help me pilot the rented boat on Lake Tahoe. What would you have said?

From the replies: “When you get older, I hope a Goodell enabling football writer takes a Miguel Tejada ball away from you Freddy.”

:lol:

Hail Mary?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

No lifejacket on the kid?  :pk:   :pk:

And what’s with Pete’s stigmata?

jforb
    Participant

No lifejacket on the kid? :pk: :pk:

That’s the first 20 responses. :lol:

RedSeat
    Participant

Renting a boat for a child to play in? Seems wasteful. Couldn’t that money have been donated to needy people instead?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Renting a boat for a child to play in? Seems wasteful. Couldn’t that money have been donated to needy people instead?

Man I had that lined up after I saw the boat tweet.  :pk:

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

That boat isn’t even up on plane yet – how is he supposed to see anything sitting and with a toddler on his lap? He could hit a splindly-armed paddleboarding host and not even know it.

Be a man and stand up.

chicowalker
    Participant

How would that work re: the draft? Say in the NBA, unless it was a situation like the Celtics getting the #3 pick after making the conference finals because of a trade, the top picks every year would be playing in the relegated league.  The NBA would never go for that.

You know it’s Fourth of July week when K&C have Mut and Drellich relitigating Spygate and Deflategate. The approach being, “It’s not me saying this, but people will say…” Their entry point being Edelman’s suspension.

chicowalker
    Participant

Is Pete wearing a dress? :ohmy:

Lefty

I think it was Ainge that had the idea that the picks in the NBA draft should be set up in a rotating order regardless of record that would allow franchises to plan ahead based on knowledge of where they would be picking years in advance.   That makes way too much sense, though.

Lefty

Shea Weber had another surgery, this one on his knee, and is now not expected to be back on the ice until December at the earliest.

Gosh, that’s too bad for Montreal.

Participant

weei.com has it all – someone named Hackett wrote this –

“Sunday’s performance was akin to the kind of diarrhea that gets you hospitalized with a drip for several days.”

And no one draws 1/2 of a catcher’s right leg better than Larry Johnson

jforb
    Participant

Is that about the heat, Price, the Yankees/Sox in general, or something else?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I saw on SportsCenter that John Sterling turned 80 yesterday. Never would have guessed it, but at least it means he is closer to, ahem, retiring.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Soon to catapult to a national gig.

chicowalker
    Participant

Kevin Duffy? Is that the Herald saying any new hire has to have the same first and/or last name as 90% of our readers?

NASCL
    Participant

Back in the 90s, Kevin Duffy used to be a “professional handicapper’ with 900 number ads in the Herald.

Lebron
    Participant

Is Pete wearing a dress? :ohmy:

He’s definitely morphing into an old woman.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Fuck it’s hot. You could grill sausage pepper and onions on my ballbag

Lebron
    Participant

It’s hot everywhere.  Today’s high of 85 around here is a respite, back up to 95 tomorrow and the foreseeable future.  I can’t remember the last time it rained.

Lebron
    Participant

Cilic and Muguruza both blew leads at Wimbledon, Isner almost did.

RedSeat
    Participant

Fuck it’s hot. You could grill sausage pepper and onions on my ballbag

Pass.

@jean-jacques_gilles88

Royale avec du frontage est froid! échec épique! #desmédiassociaux #itaintquebecbutjustgowithit

Speaking of mantears, he’s still trying to push this “valuencer” bullshit:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

@jean-jacques_gilles88 Royale avec du frontage est froid! échec épique! #desmédiassociaux #itaintquebecbutjustgowithit Speaking of mantears, he’s still trying to push this “valuencer” bullshit:

Re; Joe Gill. I lost track of him (not so sadly). Is he still at TJ Maxx?

NASCL
    Participant

Storm’s a comin’

Yahtzee
    Participant

I suppose I could credit the Globe for publishing something that’s the opposite of a puff piece for the owner’s baseball team, but Gasper’s column is so pathetic I can’t.  A highlight:

We are witnessing one of the best (regular-season) Red Sox teams ever assembled. These Sox are talented and dynamic. They feature a potent offense that leads Major League Baseball in runs per game and is fronted by not one but two MVP candidates in J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts. They sport the most dominating pitcher in the American League in ace Chris Sale. They have proven stars and emerging ones.  What they don’t have is the buy-in of their fan base.

He goes on to quote several fans, provides radio, TV and click data to show declining interests and interviews talk radio hosts.

Yeah right.  He does none of that.  He clearly had lunch with Shank and Cafardo and listened to those losers come up with their hate lines and absorbed it.

Fire him.  Fire them all.

Whew – that felt good.

Lebron
    Participant

Always great when shitty corporate speak like “buy in” shows up in what’s supposed to be entertainment.  Fuck buy in. Who cares about what fans think?

Lebron
    Participant

Enjoyed learning about the NFL’s rat policy – test positive for PEDs get your suspension reduced if you rat out a player and your ‘testimony’ leads to a ‘conviction.’  I love watching that league fall apart.

NASCL
    Participant

Joe Gill’s LinkedIn thingamajiggy will be the biggest thing since #bufferchat

Big Fat O
    Participant

Does Kid Gas really think any of the talk show people are going to be positive outside of NESN?

chicowalker
    Participant

That Josh Marion stooge is trying to out-McDonald McDonald

2 hours ago

Hey Cindy . Sorry it’s been a bit but I hope you had a great 4th and Happy Friday today. Have a lovely weekend :)

I’m sure she’s been like “why hasn’t the 25 year old virgin tweeted me in a while” :dry:

Nashua Dad
    Participant

That Josh Marion stooge is trying to out-McDonald McDonald 2 hours ago

Hey Cindy . Sorry it’s been a bit but I hope you had a great 4th and Happy Friday today. Have a lovely weekend 🙂

I’m sure she’s been like “why hasn’t the 25 year old virgin tweeted me in a while” :dry:

Never heard of him but just read his last dozen tweets. Insane.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

@jean-jacques_gilles88 Royale avec du frontage est froid! échec épique! #desmédiassociaux #itaintquebecbutjustgowithit Speaking of mantears, he’s still trying to push this “valuencer” bullshit:

You get the max for the minimum.  :dry:

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Storm’s a comin’

looks like a penis poking her lower back :blink:

Humphrey
    Participant

Enjoyed learning about the NFL’s rat policy – test positive for PEDs get your suspension reduced if you rat out a player and your ‘testimony’ leads to a ‘conviction.’ I love watching that league fall apart.

Lebron
    Participant

Belgium taking it to Brazil.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Is there a Framingham equivalent for Flemish folk?

Participant

“Ah, um, I love the Belgian waffles callah and I have been accused of being phlegmish…”

(Andelman Pic)

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I suppose I could credit the Globe for publishing something that’s the opposite of a puff piece for the owner’s baseball team, but Gasper’s column is so pathetic I can’t. A highlight:

We are witnessing one of the best (regular-season) Red Sox teams ever assembled. These Sox are talented and dynamic. They feature a potent offense that leads Major League Baseball in runs per game and is fronted by not one but two MVP candidates in J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts. They sport the most dominating pitcher in the American League in ace Chris Sale. They have proven stars and emerging ones. What they don’t have is the buy-in of their fan base.

He goes on to quote several fans, provides radio, TV and click data to show declining interests and interviews talk radio hosts. Yeah right. He does none of that. He clearly had lunch with Shank and Cafardo and listened to those losers come up with their hate lines and absorbed it. Fire him. Fire them all. Whew – that felt good.

Not that I care overmuch, but increasingly these “experts” “insiders” and “HoF-ish columnists” have less interaction with thegames and teams they cover and the fans too. They sit in the full-service press box (or, in Shank’s case, in front of the TV) re-inforcing each other’s crotchety opinions. Last year’s Red Sox, we were constantly told by scum like Mazz, were highly “unlikeable.” Meaning the players didn’t put their groveling gratitude regarding how thankful they are for the Boston media — a notoriously cheerful, upbeat, and civil gaggle — giving them attention. After all, what 20-ish proessional athlete in any sport wouldn’t be thrilled to give their time to being interpreted by a rumpled, couthless, agenda-driven POS ? Is the athlete black or Latino? Even more fun because now that comes with extra condescension.

Using the totally old-fashioned technique of observing the involvement/dedication/reasonableness of paying fans, I’d say the 12-15K per game the Sox draw all summer, the sit-on-their-hands behavior of Bruins fans, lack of interest the Celtics engender, and the half-empty Gillette, you’d have to admit that Shank, Cafardo, and Mazz all have opened the region’s eyes to ts own delusions.

And don’t even bring up Twitter …

Coma
    Participant

You may think that someone like Greg Bedard has reached the limits of smarm and arrogance, but, like Tom Brady, he finds a way to exceed expectations. Ironhead tweeted this out (link) last weekend regarding Coach Craig’s defense of his Gronkowski draft assessment. Bedard’s comments were from last November, but I don’t think his stance has changed since then.

His explanation that “the draft wasn’t even even my beat” is odd because every NFL media member has some opinion on the draft, be it an assessment of what they think the team they cover will do, where the guys from a local college (if applicable) might go in the draft, or a mock draft of the first round. There is a handful of folks who exclusively make the draft their “beat,” like Kiper and McShay, but everyone covers it. I  also can’t think of any NFL media person who recuses themselves from draft coverage. It also doesn’t help Bedard’s case that, if he’s claiming that he’s no draft expert, then he shouldn’t he  offering his opinion on it. At all. It’s a testament to his personality that he still tries to defend his stance and can’t find a way to defuse those comments.

Participant

“have less interaction with thegames and teams they cover and the fans too”

It’s tough to interact when you are constantly traveling between a shitbum radio station in Brighton and a shitbum tv station in Burlington.

BTW, someone here mentioned the other day that the Deathcat program is now doing comedy “sketches” – Lenny Megs was a better goddamn actor than DeathCat or that douche canoe Giles.

Lebron
    Participant

Windhorst is a weirdo creep and all but thought there were a couple of interesting things in this interview.  He lives in Omaha of all places and knows he’s a fat asshole.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/espn-brian-windhorst-lebron-james_us_5b3e9e2de4b07b827cbece79

NBA media is a bunch of weirdo suckups the majority of which don’t actually talk to anybody who actually knows anything.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

You get the max for the minimum. :dry:

He brings the minimum to the Maxx.

Participant

Windhorst is a weirdo creep and all but thought there were a couple of interesting things in this interview. He lives in Omaha of all places and knows he’s a fat asshole. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/espn-brian-windhorst-lebron-james_us_5b3e9e2de4b07b827cbece79 NBA media is a bunch of weirdo suckups the majority of which don’t actually talk to anybody who actually knows anything.

:lol: I think he spoke the truth by accident about what ESPN and sports media has become… “I gotta be back over there in about maybe an hour and a half. It’s just one long string of mindless hits.” :lol:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

“have less interaction with thegames and teams they cover and the fans too” It’s tough to interact when you are constantly traveling between a shitbum radio station in Brighton and a shitbum tv station in Burlington. BTW, someone here mentioned the other day that the Deathcat program is now doing comedy “sketches” – Lenny Megs was a better goddamn actor than DeathCat or that douche canoe Giles.

Haggs! ‘Untouchable!’ It’s GOLD, Jerry!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Anticipating the highest possible level of whining from Brazil after this one.

Lebron
    Participant

Windhorst is a weirdo creep and all but thought there were a couple of interesting things in this interview. He lives in Omaha of all places and knows he’s a fat asshole. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/espn-brian-windhorst-lebron-james_us_5b3e9e2de4b07b827cbece79 NBA media is a bunch of weirdo suckups the majority of which don’t actually talk to anybody who actually knows anything.

😆 I think he spoke the truth by accident about what ESPN and sports media has become… “I gotta be back over there in about maybe an hour and a half. It’s just one long string of mindless hits.” 😆

I thought that was great.   The affinity for the high school basketball team he likely never played for is fucking weird as hell.

Lebron
    Participant

This Thailand cave shit sucks (non Mazz version) and is depressing as hell.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar