Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/11/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 40 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 11 months ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

It’s almost 10, so I’ll fess up: I got nothing.

From reading twitter last night, I’m not surprised that 98.5 was crapping on Brady, calling him unlikeable and that he’s not focused on football. It’s crazy stuff, but if Brady wasn’t doing anything to “build his brand” with an eye toward his life after football, Felger and company would be blasting him for that, too.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I was going to do start, but the last time I started the thread without my bifocals I ended up moving us 10 into the future.

Hacksaw
    Participant

And to try for a second page….I will post I have nothing.

TwoTimes
    Participant

I can watch that cat-fucker kick a football all day long.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I’m amazed at how everyone is taking the ESPN piece as gospel.

Talk about really wishing for something.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’ll bite, who’s the cat fucker? Maybe I need a refresher course on BSMW nick names.

Humphrey
    Participant

I hate to give Shank credit for anything, but in knocking Ainge for doing nothing last year (before he made the Irving trade) was holding up the T Wolves as a team that was going somewhere.    Surprisingly, they seem to be.

Coma
    Participant

I’ll bite, who’s the cat fucker? Maybe I need a refresher course on BSMW nick names.

James Stewart. Not the one who made IAWL such a great movie and brought happiness to millions, but the producer for Felger and Mazz.

Feejis
    Participant

It’s 2018 and the MV/Nantucket ferry operators can’t build a website to support traffic on opening day of reservations.

First world problems and all that. I feel like Joe gill.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Wonder why? Tomato can opponent? The weather certainly won’t be all that bad.

jforb
    Participant

It’s 2018 and the MV/Nantucket ferry operators can’t build a website to support traffic on opening day of reservations.

First world problems and all that. I feel like Joe gill.

No way Gill has ever gone near the islands though.

Suzy
    Participant

I hate to give Shank credit for anything, but in knocking Ainge for doing nothing last year (before he made the Irving trade) was holding up the T Wolves as a team that was going somewhere. Surprisingly, they seem to be.

:ohmy:

No doubt he heard that from someone else. Take a lap!

tiny
    Participant

the sharps say tibs plays butler towns wiggins so many minutes they will be dead by playoffs

Participant

It’s 2018 and the MV/Nantucket ferry operators can’t build a website to support traffic on opening day of reservations. First world problems and all that. I feel like Joe gill.

No way Gill has ever gone near the islands though.

@Joegill Damn you King Neptune and your waves!  #WhyCantItBeLikeGlass

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Kudos to TEC for his “you gotta be kidding me!” straight-into-the-camera takedown of Wickersham and his giddy and/or overheated media chum. Curran made it clear that (1.) he has no use for “analysis” that employ terms such as “it’s out there,”, “well, what if…” and “of course they’re denying it.”   (2.) unlike the gel-haired jamokes that populate the sports shows (including his own – Hi, Giaradi!) he actually IS in the locker room and DOES have sources that actually are participating members of the team.

TEC questions Devin McCourty; Snowflake Shaughnessy quotes other media members and tries to get his name mentioned nationally through grade-school “Nyah Nyah” dribble of thumbing his nose at the competing city. And Felger is worse. That’s all you need to know.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Malcolm Mitchel back at practice. What is the actual ‘shit of get off the pot’ date for moving him to the active roster? I’ve lost track. Is it Saturday?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Malcolm Mitchel back at practice. What is the actual ‘shit of get off the pot’ date for moving him to the active roster? I’ve lost track. Is it Saturday?

I heard if he’s going to play Saturday, it’s the afternoon of the game. If they want to wait longer, it’s 1/17.

tiny
    Participant

I wonder for BB and coaches what the cutoff is for X% of Mitchell vs healthy Britt.  If he is 75%, is he better than 100% healthy and ready to go Britt b/c of knowledge of playbook and chemistry w Tom?

I hate to give Shank credit for anything, but in knocking Ainge for doing nothing last year (before he made the Irving trade) was holding up the T Wolves as a team that was going somewhere. Surprisingly, they seem to be.

Not sure what the credit would be for, though. Being lucky finally? The Wolves sucked their way to another bad year two years ago, and finally won the lottery with KAT. Not exactly a building plan, especially considering the umpteen number of years MN sucked but never got the top pick. And even with KAT and Wiggins last year, they were just good enough to stay close but never be able to put teams away. Butler’s the big difference in why they’re winning those close games. So the Wolves should absolutely get credit for packaging LaVine, Dunn and the pick that became Markkanen for him; just like the Celtics should absolutely get credit for packaging Thomas et al for Irving (BTW, did Shank bitch they gave up too much at the time?).

I think Shank’s big point was looking at KAT and Wiggins and saying that’s better than anything the Celtics had coming down the pike. Shank being Shank (i.e. knowing nothing about sports), he had no idea Brown would be so good, what the Brooklyn pick would net, nor that Ainge had the savvy and skill (and in the case of Kyrie, the ammunition) to pull off the Hayward and Irving moves.

KAT’s obviously the future of that franchise, so yeah, it’d be nice to have a big man so skilled. It’s taken him a little bit to finally start playing big, though; he’s only become more of that kind of presence in the last 15-20 games. I like Wiggins, but I wouldn’t trade Brown or Tatum for him.

Short version: Shank should never get credit. Because he’s: 1. only looking for the shortest distance to pissing you off; and  2. just fucking guessing anyway.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Beetle Bailey will not be down to be overmatched by Goose Gossage.

Humphrey
    Participant

It’s 2018 and the MV/Nantucket ferry operators can’t build a website to support traffic on opening day of reservations. First world problems and all that. I feel like Joe gill.

Micks and Pricks event in jeopardy?

Humphrey
    Participant

For those of you too young to know about this one, his taking of 3 fastballs was as bad as when Manny took 3 called ones vs Rivera a few years ago.   Only Bailey was trying.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I saw “Beetle” and my mind went immediately to the husky sportstaker.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

For those of you too young to know about this one, his taking of 3 fastballs was as bad as when Manny took 3 called ones vs Rivera a few years ago. Only Bailey was trying.

I recalled his at-bat as coming in the ninth inning of the 1978 playoff — but it happened in the seventh.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Celtics should play at 3:00 every day that I work from home.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

One of the unexpected benefits of going Felgerless this week is that in my occasional tune-in to Dale and DeathCat, they have been spending time shitting on Shaughnessy. Not that those two are wholly innocent, of course, but they’ve gone after Dan-From-On-High for reporting schisms in a clubhouse he rarely enters, his hissy-fit defense of Wickersham  (after all, PROTECT THE JOURNO SHIELD!) and the offhand way that he designates the liars (Belichik, Brady, and social-climber Kraft) and the brave truth-tellers (Wickersham, himself, Tomase. No, I added that last one).

Anyway, they’ve offered more public criticism of the Sang-Froid Fraud than we’ve heard in years. I hope the Pats carefully limit the access to the Press Suite for Saturday and beyond and the Snowflake can rail about the injustice surrounding Foxborough from the bar  at Seasons 52.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Kudos to TEC for his “you gotta be kidding me!” straight-into-the-camera takedown of Wickersham and his giddy and/or overheated media chum. Curran made it clear that (1.) he has no use for “analysis” that employ terms such as “it’s out there,”, “well, what if…” and “of course they’re denying it.” (2.) unlike the gel-haired jamokes that populate the sports shows (including his own – Hi, Giaradi!) he actually IS in the locker room and DOES have sources that actually are participating members of the team.

TEC questions Devin McCourty; Snowflake Shaughnessy quotes other media members and tries to get his name mentioned nationally through grade-school “Nyah Nyah” dribble of thumbing his nose at the competing city. And Felger is worse. That’s all you need to know.

Where can one find this?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Celtics should play at 3:00 every day that I work from home.

Maybe not. 35-54.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

For those of you too young to know about this one, his taking of 3 fastballs was as bad as when Manny took 3 called ones vs Rivera a few years ago. Only Bailey was trying.

I recalled his at-bat as coming in the ninth inning of the 1978 playoff — but it happened in the seventh.

As I recall, then manager Don Zimmer was the loudest voice clamoring to add Bailey to his arsenal.  I also recall — though it may be twisted and untrue — that for a couple of games, his stats were so brutal the team did not display them on its shiny new CF megaboard when he came to bat.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Stale and Erkel have been pretty good defending the Pats. It probably is due to their relationship with B.B. and them believing him.

On the other station they have drank the ESPN koolaid and everything reported was fact. BB can say absolutely all he wants but they know better.

Funny how tough guy Keefe wasn’t holding B.B. accountable and asking the tough questions like he did to Farrell.

Yahtzee
    Participant

85-79105-90
    Ability to come back is astounding.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Yahtzee.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So the Lakers owe the Cs the pick if it’s from 2-5, it goes to the Sixers if it’s #1 overall. Who gets it if it’s 6 or worse? Do they have incentive to win?

Tommyfw
    Participant

So the Lakers owe the Cs the pick if it’s from 2-5, it goes to the Sixers if it’s #1 overall. Who gets it if it’s 6 or worse? Do they have incentive to win?

I will check but I think the Sixers get it if #1 and 6+. 2-5 for Celtics otherwise 76ers.

Verifying now

The future first-round pick that Boston will receive will be the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, provided that such pick is No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, or No. 5 in the 2018 NBA Draft. If the Lakers’ 2018 first-round pick is No. 1 or is No. 6 or later, the Sixers will instead convey to the Celtics the rights to the more favorable of the Sixers’ own 2019 first-round pick or the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-round pick, provided that the more favorable pick is not the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. If the more favorable of the Sixers’ and Kings’ 2019 first-round picks is the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sixers will instead convey the rights to the less favorable of those two picks.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Tommyfw.

Humphrey
    Participant

I recalled his at-bat as coming in the ninth inning of the 1978 playoff — but it happened in the seventh

One out, guy on second.    Sox threatened all 3 innings after Dent’s homer, but only scored in the 8th (2 runs, left guys on 1st & second, just like in the 9th).

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Humphrey.

Humphrey
    Participant

85-79105-90 Ability to come back is astounding.

Brown and Horford ended up with +/- of 34 and 32.

Participant

Noted prick lou pinella never saw the ball remy? hit

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I will check but I think the Sixers get it if #1 and 6+. 2-5 for Celtics otherwise 76ers. Verifying now The future first-round pick that Boston will receive will be the Los Angeles Lakers’ first-round pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, provided that such pick is No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, or No. 5 in the 2018 NBA Draft. If the Lakers’ 2018 first-round pick is No. 1 or is No. 6 or later, the Sixers will instead convey to the Celtics the rights to the more favorable of the Sixers’ own 2019 first-round pick or the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-round pick, provided that the more favorable pick is not the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. If the more favorable of the Sixers’ and Kings’ 2019 first-round picks is the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sixers will instead convey the rights to the less favorable of those two picks.

I love how convoluted NBA trade conditions are. When did this start? I don’t remember these types of if/or conditions even in the Pierce big 3 era.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Kudos to TEC for his “you gotta be kidding me!” straight-into-the-camera takedown of Wickersham and his giddy and/or overheated media chum. Curran made it clear that (1.) he has no use for “analysis” that employ terms such as “it’s out there,”, “well, what if…” and “of course they’re denying it.” (2.) unlike the gel-haired jamokes that populate the sports shows (including his own – Hi, Giaradi!) he actually IS in the locker room and DOES have sources that actually are participating members of the team. TEC questions Devin McCourty; Snowflake Shaughnessy quotes other media members and tries to get his name mentioned nationally through grade-school “Nyah Nyah” dribble of thumbing his nose at the competing city. And Felger is worse. That’s all you need to know.

Where can one find this?

Dunno. Does EEI archive every show to listen online? I heard just a few minutes around 3 pm.

InThisTown
    Participant

I move Husky Sportstaker be put into the vernacular.

Lebron
    Participant

Was surprised to see Gossage only struck out 2 guys in that game.   Always thought it was more I guess.

They always sucked against the Royals back then so 8 year old me assumed they would have lost anyway

Coma
    Participant

I move Husky Sportstaker be put into the vernacular.

I like it, but “husky” is too much of an understatement for Bertrand. He left that weight class/body type behind a long time ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar