Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/12/2018 Daily Thread – Tomorrow!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! The Titans, Tomorrow! It’s only a day away!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! The Titans, Tomorrow! It’s only a day away!

I have this absurd (and slightly disturbing) mental image that Andy Dalton is singing that song.  :ohmy:   ;-)

Participant

Where we at hay being in the barn wise?

Cakes are cooking and Happy 49th Anniversary to the New York Jets on their one and only title, won on this day 17,897 days ago.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  02062.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Every once in a blue moon Florio has an interesting factoid:

In the 21st Century, there have been seven NFL postseason games with point spreads of 12 points or more, and all seven of them were in games involving the Patriots.

Here’s the full list of playoff games with point spreads of 12 points or higher since 2000:

2018: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs. Titans
    2017: Patriots favored by 16 vs. Texans (Patriots won 34-16)
    2012: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs. Broncos (Patriots won 45-10)
    2008: Patriots favored by 12.5 vs. Giants (Giants won 17-14)
    2008: Patriots favored by 14 vs. Chargers (Patriots won 21-12)
    2008: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs. Jaguars (Patriots won 31-20)
    2002: Rams favored by 14 vs. Patriots (Patriots won 20-17)

Lebron
    Participant

Husky Sportstaker and Tattooed Orphan have us on track to exceed expectations with the standard ‘add new nicknames to board vernacular’ goal for 2018.

Feejis
    Participant

Everyone really wants to believe Bill screwed the pooch getting only a 2nd for Garoppolo.

Oh, Cleveland would have offered a top 10 first rounder if given the chance? Was their phone broken or something?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Everyone really wants to believe Bill screwed the pooch getting only a 2nd for Garoppolo. Oh, Cleveland would have offered a top 10 first rounder if given the chance? Was their phone broken or something?

And they offered to help B.B. find a backup QB.

Nick B
    Participant

Everyone really wants to believe Bill screwed the pooch getting only a 2nd for Garoppolo. Oh, Cleveland would have offered a top 10 first rounder if given the chance? Was their phone broken or something?

And they offered to help B.B. find a backup QB.

I can’t believe Mazz(Maybe I could), he’s so hell bent on the fact that the Pats had the next guy and traded him away for practically nothing. . They absolutely had him.

Big Fat O
    Participant

If Jimmy lost most of the games him being the next Steve Young would be mute.

Before we put Jimmy in Canton and determine B.B. missed the boat let’s see how he does next year.

Isnt the back up QB always the best player on the team?

BrianInLA
    Participant

If Jimmy lost most of the games him being the next Steve Young would be mute. Before we put Jimmy in Canton and determine B.B. missed the boat let’s see how he does next year. Isnt the back up QB always the best player on the team?

96.2 Qb Rating. Right there with Rivers.

7 td’s / 5 int is worse than most starters. I like the guy and root for him but agree about Canton.

Lefty

If Jimmy lost most of the games him being the next Steve Young would be mute. Before we put Jimmy in Canton and determine B.B. missed the boat let’s see how he does next year. Isnt the back up QB always the best player on the team?

96.2 Qb Rating. Right there with Rivers. 7 td’s / 5 int is worse than most starters. I like the guy and root for him but agree about Canton.

Only Bobby Witt should be routinely mentioned with Canton.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Can’t count how many things I’d need to work through before reading a CHB column on Nancy Kerrigan.

Participant

Can’t count how many things I’d need to work through before reading a CHB column on Nancy Kerrigan.

But Yahtzee, it’s also half a picked up the pieces column….

“In most cities, the media read a story like the one in ESPN and try to advance the narrative. In Boston, we have the Patriots Media Cartel shift into overdrive to tell us that there’s nothing to see here. Meanwhile, Seth Wickersham becomes the Salman Rushdie of Patriot Nation. Football Fatwa.”

EEI, both NY tabs and now shank tsk-tsk this – who’s thin skinned again?

“Love Rick Carlisle, Steve Kerr, and Stan Van Gundy, but they are dead wrong with their bullying attempt to dictate what ESPN can and cannot do regarding coverage of lunatic LaVar Ball. Luke Walton can handle himself just fine without this misguided attempt at censorship by the consortium of NBA coaches.”

General Zod was born in 1961 – one year after the Patriots were born, makes you think

“The Patriots should have General Zod on their helmets instead of Flying Elvis. Zod is the comic book general of the Kryptonian Army who says, “I win. I always win. Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?’’”

You might even say some of Dan’s best friends are….

“Sorry to hear that former Channel 5 sports reporter Clark Booth has written his last column for The Pilot. The estimable Booth, now retired in Florida, penned his sports pieces once a week for 43 years before deciding “I had run out of things to rant about.’’

A shame. I knew Jewish folks who subscribed to the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Boston just to read Clark Booth.”

Brady still remains the leader in neutral field games with 5.

“Laugh all you want at Mark Sanchez; he still has more career road playoff wins (four) than Brady (three).”

All this can be yours for a low, low subscription price.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Can Shank list the media cartel for us? Maybe Curren, Reiss, Zolak, Howe, Guerigian, Stale, Erkel.

on the flip side the believers are the Globe, 98.5, most of EEI, Borges, Suckley, Ryan.

Yahtzee
    Participant

“Laugh all you want at Mark Sanchez; he still has more career road playoff wins (four) than Brady (three).”

All this can be yours for a low, low subscription price.

Think how many more Super Bowl losses Brady has than Sanchez too.

Beaker
    Participant

Man had yet to walk on the moon

Lebron
    Participant

These are the same assholes who read zillow and say ‘that’s what my house is worth, it says so right here on this website.’  Media are telling them what the Patriots should have gotten for Garoppolo.  Fuck the actual offers or market or evaluation or anything else.  Nope, the media says Bill should have gotten a first round pick, he failed.  It says so right here.  These are the same fuckheads who cackled at Bill seeking a first round pick for Bledsoe and Branch, which he eventually got.

jforb
    Participant

Apparently before QBs learned to make sure the receiver was actually open too.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Pete Carroll believes the moon landing was on a movie studio set, right?

Participant

17,897 days – but who’s counting…..

Lebron
    Participant

Pete Carroll believes the moon landing was on a movie studio set, right?

Aldrin, Armstrong and “Collins”

Big Fat O
    Participant

They could have gotten all of the Browns picks but who was the back up QB?

Was part of the deal Hoyer being cut so they could sign him?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was rooting for Jax anyway, but the Sports Pope’s guarantee they will get creamed by the Steelers makes this the most important game of my life.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Husky Sportstaker and Tattooed Orphan have us on track to exceed expectations with the standard ‘add new nicknames to board vernacular’ goal for 2018.

isnt Big Jim Worry a board creation? Simple yet biting..love that one!

NASCL
    Participant

Steelers -7.5 bothers me, almost like Jax plus the points looks too good to pass up. When that happens, often a blowout for the favorite.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar