Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/13/18 – 1/14/18 Divisional Playoff Weekend Thread

This topic contains 161 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 162 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Today is the day! A game that the team has built for since July. Training camp, preseason, then 16 games to earn the #1 seed in the playoffs. Today, the Patriots get to turn all that work into something meaningful.

Just kidding, we’re going to continue talking about how Tom, Bill and Robert really hate each and the organization is falling apart.

TJM
    Participant

Don’t forget to check out Jeff Howes 5 keys against the Texans  :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

From Shank:

“Sorry to hear that former Channel 5 sports reporter Clark Booth has written his last column for The Pilot. The estimable Booth, now retired in Florida, penned his sports pieces once a week for 43 years before deciding “I had run out of things to rant about.’’

Glad he’s gone, although I only read what you guys posted here.  On my personal hit list for years.   Booth was incessant in his praise of the Holy Cross administration for effectively killing football back in the 80s, something that was not broken but the guy in charge decided it needed to be fixed.

I’m sure he would (and Shank probably will too, so fuck him in advance) have ranted about them playing BC next  year, a game they’ll most certainly lose big.   My take on the matter.   Like Henry Hill said in Goodfellas:   “everybody has to take a beating some time.”

BSF34
    Participant

Wait, what?

Tommyfw
    Participant

We can only hope the Patriots do something egregious to Joe Gill and he tweets about it incessantly.

chicowalker
    Participant

Isn’t the wifi in Gillette notoriously slow? That sounds like something gill would bitch about

BSF34
    Participant

Isn’t the wifi in Gillette notoriously slow? That sounds like something gill would bitch about

#wiFAIL

Wait, what?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

His head is so far up his azz he probably is dressing for a 60 degree kickoff.

#morelikeminus360amirite? #cantfeelmytoes #DonKentNormMacdonaldBobCopelandwhereRUnow?

Humphrey
    Participant

Bad last month for retired sportscasters.    Keith Jackson will not be fumblin, bumblin this morning.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

He was the Voice of NCAA Football, but Jackson was the first PBP guy on ABC Monday Night Football, too.  After one year, they replaced him with Gifford.  Maybe KJ didn’t want to work alongside Cosell anymore. But more than likely Roone Arledge went with pretty-boy, celebrity Giff over a better and more experienced announcer.

Jackson also called MLB games for ABC, including the infamous 1977 World Series, when Howard stepped on every one of KJ’s calls of Reggie Jackson’s three bombs in the final game. A lesser man would have murdered Cosell.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Globe carrying a Schefter tweet saying that both Burkhead and Gillislee are inactive for tonight’s game.  No word on James White.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Schefter says White is a go.

How strong is the wind in Philly? Wow,that was a crappy throw.

chicowalker
    Participant

Tamales in the barn for that cunt zerowalls. Not one whiny tweet about HOW will the pats guard Matthews, decker, and walker? Sadly, all elite  :-(   :ohmy:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Nick Foles really isn’t that good.

Be prepared for the Falcons to become Team  X.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Tara Sullivan is bringing it. Just discovered BB is rather stoic to the press and set in his ways.

Thank heavens that the usual nationwide search pried Sullivan away from Price Shopper in Teaneck, NJ to vault to the home of writers down the hall from the turn in the hallway across the hall from the Hall of Fame. (You know, like the one who has Nancy Kerrigan’s phone number?)  She’s bringing a fresh perspective combined with the same sort of access that is a hallmark of Globe columnists.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

“Epic fail! Seats are NOT heated! Nachos skimp on cheese! No at-seat delivery! People keep jumping up in front of me! Manners? No ONE person took time to hear my Bruins update.”

Clippers offered Griffin to the Wolves for KAT.

:lol: :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

I don’t think that’s a catch if the one in the Pats game was ruled incomplete.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Was it a catch? Probably not.
    Did Darby interfere? Absolutely.
    Collinsworth is fucking awful.
    No rooting interest in this game, I’d nuke both cities and fanbases.

BrianInLA
    Participant

He fell down.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Though that’s a couple of gut punches in a row for Falcon fans.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Anyone fear Philly?
    That what I thought.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Do you think they’ll show any commercials during the game?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Romo was told to really push this would be a good game for 4 quarters.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Looks like the Pats are getting their shit together.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Nantz and Romo were giddy that the Titans scored first.
    Now, not so much.
    Titans can’t adjust to uptempo.

Yahtzee
    Participant

They triple teaming Gronk?

Sox Ecstatic
    Participant

The NFL shield on TB’s turtleneck is upside down.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Romo feeding the batshit conspiracy theorists.

Yahtzee
    Participant

40 game suspension

Sox Ecstatic
    Participant

40 game suspension

Im surprised theres one at all. Woulda figured Under Armor logo.

Hacksaw
    Participant

They triple teaming Gronk?

That will probably happen after the game too.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Feejis
    Participant

Yes, Tennessee, it’s all because of the refs.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m maybe over Tony Romo.

Humphrey
    Participant

Yes, Tennessee, it’s all because of the refs.

Hogan got held right before the 5 yard penalty.  They even out.

Humphrey
    Participant

Thanks for burning your last time out …now run the ball up the middle…

(edit)  I swear I posted this before the play

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

No big deal but the Titans jumped before the FG attempt. No call not mentioned by Romo and Michaels.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Joe Gill has posted two selfies, including one taken in a mirror in the Gillette men’s room. #urinalselfie

Humphrey
    Participant

No big deal but the Titans jumped before the FG attempt. No call not mentioned by Romo and Michaels.

Romo did mention the timer is not a home team hire.    Figured they’d keep that legend going.

Suzy
    Participant

Joe Gill has posted two selfies, including one taken in a mirror in the Gillette men’s room. #urinalselfie

#fattywasfirst

Feejis
    Participant

Acquaintances say Bertrand was in a rollover accident on the way to the game today? Dead I hope?

jforb
    Participant

Acquaintances say Bertrand was in a rollover accident on the way to the game today? Dead I hope?

Finn just linked to his Facebook post. And I was just about to post this as surpised his near death experience wasn’t a heart attack.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Alive

Yahtzee
    Participant

No way CHB hasn’t already posted his column.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

On that Gronk incompletion, he was having the ball pried out as he was crossing the 20 yard line. If that was the goal line, people would want that called a touchdown.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That’s a ridiculous throw on that 3rd and 10 cross the field popup thrown to Amendola. Yeah, Brady’s falling off a cliff.

Humphrey
    Participant

Hoyer time!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Maybe he doesn’t hate Gronk.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar