Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/13/18 – 1/14/18 Divisional Playoff Weekend Thread

This topic contains 161 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 151 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Missed the tackle and took out the teammate who might have had a chance at it otherwise.

Feejis
    Participant

I even question the defensive formation. Should be more guys deep, no?

I was thinking about what was going through Diggs’ mind when he caught it. There was like a second on the clock the moment he caught it. Did he consider stepping out for the FG try? Did he know he was in the clear?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

So the Globe’s NY import columnist says Tom Coughlin is solely responsible for the Giants’ wins in 42 and 46 and therefore, as exec vp in Jacksonville, he is the Kryptonite to Brady and Belichick.

Not saying that Jax’ D won’t be a challenge to overcome (although, as others here have said, Jimmy G and the Steelers lit them up), and a Tyree and a Manningham would help their cause, but … really?

Of course, the Jags may be the Cinderella team of 2017-18 and shock the world next Sunday, but the Pats will not do what the Steelers did today: disrespect and look past them.

Gimp
    Participant

So the Globe’s NY import columnist says Tom Coughlin is solely responsible for the Giants’ wins in 42 and 46 and therefore, as exec vp in Jacksonville, he is the Kryptonite to Brady and Belichick. Not saying that Jax’ D won’t be a challenge to overcome (although, as others here have said, Jimmy G and the Steelers lit them up), and a Tyree and a Manningham would help their cause, but … really? Of course, the Jags may be the Cinderella team of 2017-18 and shock the world next Sunday, but the Pats will not do what the Steelers did today: disrespect and look past them.

Also, it’s a bit of a stretch comparing Bortles to Eli Manning.  Still, JAX is not to be taken lightly.  they earned their way here, and they should be taken seriously.  That defense is no joke.  Especially the secondary.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Obligatory schaudenfraude run by the Steelers message board uncovered this gem…in the first quarter, no less:

”NFL screwed us. Patriots should have been playing the Jags not us. Complete ****ing bull****“

Cant make this stuff up  :lol:   :lol:

Lefty

Kenbrel Thompson’s from Parts Unknown via Twitter:

”I’m familiar with Saints losing in that fashion”

Must read: Patriots don’t need to apologize for anything (link).

Shots across the bow at Shank and any of the Impossible Dream fellators:

Those Red Sox supposedly changed everything by losing in the World Series. Seven games, though. It took seven games. So for decades, paeans were penned for them.

Is it on them to apologize for the “tomato canzzzz” they’ve knocked down over the years? Of course not. It’s not their fault they’ve dominated the 2000s any more than it’s the hallowed Celtics fault for dominating a six-team NBA.

jforb
    Participant

3 hours in, any American women left in Australia?

Yahtzee
    Participant

The worst:

Peter King
    Peter King
    @SI_PeterKing
    MINNEAPOLIS-Case Keenum looked at me a while ago and said, “How are you gonna write THIS?”
    Good question.

Humphrey
    Participant

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to come up with a K sounding equivalent of Jump Ball Joe….although that last throw was pretty good there were a lot of prayers mixed in there.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Shank’s previously prepared upcoming Voice of the Wizened Sports Veteran column (tomorrow? Tuesday at the latest) has been beaten to the storyline by Yahoo Sports’ Eric Adelson.

– Tom Coughlin is the mastermind of colossal Patriots Super Bown upsets of the past

Leonard Fournette, when healthy, is a game-breaker

— Tom Coughlin has the Patriots’ number

There you have it. Position-by=position, the Patriots have it all over the Jags, but the Jaguars have Tom Coughlin, the man who blocked out the immortal “stickup on the helmet” play.

I can see Shank’s response to the challenge of Adelson. He’ll bring out the big rhetorical Catch Phrase guns: Tomato Cans, Dinosaurs, press corners, Dirty David Ortiz, and maybe go DefCon 5 – The Curse of the ________.

In fact, Dan is so sure that next week there will not be a sporting event worthy of his attention, he’ll decline to grace it with his lordly presence. Hear that, Fanboys? While you freeze you heinies off, Dan will be warm and comfortable, watching the AFC Championship from his usual booth at the Seaport Hotel.

NOW who is the fool?

Viewing 12 posts - 151 through 162 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar