Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/13/2020 – 1/19/2020 Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Giving it a shot.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Weird. Tried to submit a new topic, and it’s “pending moderation”.

Anyway, Scott Zolak covered himself in glory on Twitter yesterday. Tweets that didn’t age well, calling Travis Kelce a pussy, etc.

Chiefs’ Travis Kelce Makes Radio Host Pay For Egregious Twitter Comments

1 user thanked author for this post.
    thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

So far it’s been the best possible playoffs non-patriots edition.  My hope is the Titans roll over everyone and win the tital.  Vanquish both Michael Jordans’ of the NFL, good-guys Vrabes, Logan Ryan, Malcolm get rings and the Jimmy G hand-wringing or Arodgers GOAT arguments take a hit.  Not that Rodgers has much of an argument vs Brady but still like to see all contemporary QB’s taken down a peg.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Saturday’s Ravens game had everything a Pats fan could have wished for. Public humiliation for the entire Ravens team,  Slumped over MVP Lamar Jackson looking like he’d been sent to the Principals office,  many shots of dejected fans that had absolutely nothing to cheer about all night and the Team falling for every trick play the Titans threw at them. I need to go on line and see who they are blaming for this one :lol: :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

This weekend I was busy doing whatever and football was an afterthought.  This is the first time in 9 years the Patriots didn’t have a game this past weekend, and a game that they eventually won at that.  9 straight AFCCG appearances.  Jesus.  Really resonated.

As for what’s left the Tits are the only palatable option.  I’d be fine with the Niners but the Jimmy G bullshit will resurrect even worse than it has now.  People still think they either should have given Jimmy a boatload of money to not play, which he wasn’t interested in, or they should have dumped the greatest QB of all time who has won 3 divisions, 2 AFC Championships and 1 Soupey since the trade.  Mental patients.

Lebron
    Participant

Seems like too long of a break between the CFP and the champ game, to the point you forget about it or lose interest while waiting.  Heck I already lost interest in the Jeopardy shit from last week such that I’ll forget about it come tomorrow.

Participant

Go read off a telemprompter you 12th place olympic pairs figure skating see you next Tuesday. Fvck off.

@AliceMCook 17H Just wondering…what would have haapened in KC tonight if the Patriots had got by the Titans?  I look at these explosive offenses and can’t figure out why NE can’t get players like that?  Sad.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Special humiliation for Earl Thomas.

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah I’m sure ol’ Alice would love it if the Patriots signed Tyreek Hill and traded for Frank Clark.  Having women and fetus beaters on the roster would be less sad than not playing this past weekend.

Lebron
    Participant

Powder ain’t gonna like this

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal

· 7m

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Lefty

Ruh roh, Alex Cora, MLB suspends Astros GM and Manager for entire 2020 season, takes draft picks and issues fines.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Jeff Passan is saying Hinch was against the scheme from the beginning and that Cora was the main guy behind it. Hinch went as far as constantly smashing the monitors throughout the season but didn’t put a stop to it.

Lebron
    Participant

No players were disciplined by MLB in the investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of the investigation, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming and is going to be harsh, sources told ESPN. Cora was the Astros’ bench coach during the 2017 season.

Cora is identified throughout MLB’s report as the ringleader along with Beltran. Commissioner Rob Manfred said that discipline for Cora will be announced at the completion of its investigation into the Red Sox’s alleged use of the video replay room to steal signs during the 2018 season.

Manfred said Hinch was aware of the system but did not bring it to the attention of Luhnow. The GM told MLB he was unaware of the system but Manfred held him accountable for the team’s actions.

So you had no evidence that the GM knew, but you suspend him for a year anyway?  Then one of the ‘ringleaders’ escapes entirely because he was a player at the time, not sure what difference that makes?  Of course he’s a manager now, but nothing?  Has a Goodell ring to it.

Those lost picks are killers.  Cora must be facing a year plus suspension if not some kind of ineligible/ban type thing.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Alex Cora (Bench Coach). Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.

Yikes. Hinch gone for a year for “being aware of but not stopping” Cora’s scheme. Cora is DUN.

Participant

Can I get me a tainted world series ring over at RedSox.com?

Lebron
    Participant

‘I will withhold determining’ sounds like ‘wait until your father gets home’ and we all knew we were fucked when that happened.

jforb
    Participant

Astros just shitcanned both

Lebron
    Participant

Great day to be a Houston sports fan.  Your football team just puked up a 24 point lead in the playoffs and your baseball franchise just canned the manager and GM and you have no 1st or 2nd round picks the next 2 years!

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Hinch and Luhnow fired. Cora *has* to be gone once they get around to punishing him, right? And how much of this will we read in the Globe? :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Can I get me a tainted world series ring over at RedSox.com?

I had a Doc Charles ‘that’s brilliant, someone get me Jostens on line 1, stat!’ post queued up and lately it seems WordPress hates GIS pics.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Can we photo-shop these folks standing outside 4 Jersey Street?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

Varitek truthers are everywhere this afternoon. :weei:

Lefty

Ya know, the ’67 team never would have done something like this.

Sure, they were smokin’ luckies by the pack and swigging Jack Daniels in the dugout, but they were loveable!

Lefty

OK, moved all the posts from the end of the 1/12 ending thread over here.   Of course, it had to happen on a day when we have had more traffic than in two years, ya bastids.

Lefty

On another note, given today’s twitter/IG whatever post from him, is it time we started the Antonio Brown suicide day pool?    And, I think, suicide by cop would not be excluded.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar